• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
well then...that escalated very quickly lol.

nashville and oilers will make a trade lol.

Yeah...I'm not sure the Preds want to go down the whole enigmatic Russian route again. Didn't work with Radulov, didn't work with either Kostitsyn. I doubt they want to go round three with Yakupov.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Is there anything positive going on for the Oilers? There are complaints about goalies, defense, lazy forwards, terrible coach, horrible management, an unhappy player....that's a pretty big laundry list of issues.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Really sucks about Stammer.. Huge blow to Team Canada if he's out - Stamkos is the best Canadian goal scorer at the moment

goonx

Nov 7, 2010
Hamilton pushed Stamkos though. I think its more of a case of picking bad habits than freak accident. The same result could have been if he pushed him near the boards and that would be suspendable. I'm utterly surprised we escaped game with Boston without one major injury, but few close calls [and who knows really?]. We should play them the same way and put Orr out there more to run Chara and others to teach them some more respect.

Boston is a dirty team. Look at the **** they get away with. Rmb the playoffs how lucic ran a few of our guys and two of them looked a lot like boarding/hitting from behind. Play-offs against vancouver, they were doing some edgy things.

Last game, they got away with some nasty plays as well. Quite dangerous that could have resulted in some serious injuries. Raymond got his irreversible vertebrae fracture playing against the Bruins as well. Boychuk held him down while they crashed into the boards.

I have nothing against physical hockey but I feel that the bruins try to injury players rather than the former.

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Really sucks about Stammer.. Huge blow to Team Canada if he's out - Stamkos is the best Canadian goal scorer at the moment

Opens up a roster spot for a certain player whose nickname is also a cereal, to crack a spot.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Huge blow to the Bolts. Atlantic is a tight conference and the Sens have been a rising a little bit (6 points back of the Lightning right now)

Can see them missing the playoffs if he's out for the rest of the season

Jacob8hockey*

Has Yakupov asked for a trade?

Saying that you'd be fine with a trade if your team doesn't want you isn't asking for a trade.

Brodeur said the same thing last week.

Brodeur said that so he would be able to help NJ in the future by getting assets back and playing time to finish his career on a winning note.

Yakupov said it to get his chance to be a full time NHLer, whether he has earned it or not. This is for his own good more than anything.

Mapleleafs Fan*

Brodeur said that so he would be able to help NJ in the future by getting assets back and playing time to finish his career on a winning note.

Yakupov said it to get his chance to be a full time NHLer, whether he has earned it or not. This is for his own good more than anything.

This is what happens when you gift an NHL spot directly to your prospects and don't go through the whole process.

SteveV*

Has Yakupov asked for a trade?

Saying that you'd be fine with a trade if your team doesn't want you isn't asking for a trade.

Brodeur said the same thing last week.

His agent said they are open to a trade? You can split hairs, but a public statement like that means the relationship is over and he wants to move on. Common sense to me, fail to see the distinction.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
This is what happens when you gift an NHL spot directly to your prospects and don't go through the whole process.

Do people honestly forget that he led all rookies in scoring last year? It's not like he didn't do anything last season. Hell, he was 4th on his team in points and LED THEM IN GOALS. I'm not sure what you call gifted, but it seems to me he fit in the NHL.

His agent said they are open to a trade? You can split hairs, but a public statement like that means the relationship is over and he wants to move on. Common sense to me, fail to see the distinction.

No it doesn't. Hell Kessel at one time alluded to maybe making a change back in the turmoil of the Wilson days. Seems that the relationship with the Leafs was mended.

His agent is saying that Yakupov is willing to do what the team wants if they are frustrated with his development. He understands that it is part of the way the game is played. What isn't said, but is alluded to, is that he's willing to be there if management wants him too.

He hasn't publicly said "trade me". Very big distinction actually.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
The Oilers problems start in the front office - they have to escape this illusion that they can rely on only the kids in a run and gun style

Eakins played a defense-type system in the AHL, but has been told by Oilers brass to keep an up tempo run and gun style in tact ... This just doesn't work (and it's killing Eakins NHL coaching career) .. This is similar to the RW days for the Leafs, after they cleaned house and were one of the youngest teams in the league ... They have to get back to the basics - team defense and accountability in your own end

A good defensive system can make any d-man look solid (see Ledba in Detroit before coming to the Leafs)

The second issue is having a small, young (albeit very fast and skilled) top 6 ... They need some established players (not necessarily old, but some experience) with some size to shore up their line up ... They've got to stop leaning on these kids who are dwelling in a losing culture

Acquiring a legit top end defenseman is also a priority in that mix ... Unfortunately trading Smid rids themselves of a solid young d-man that could thrive in a better defensive scheme .. They will regret that

Address these two big concerns from upper management and it should have a trickle down effect that will start showing some success for the Oilers - and at that point they can start tinkering with their core to turn them into a contender

They have a ton of talent, but it's entirely miscast and displaced in a horrible team strategy

SteveV*

Do people honestly forget that he led all rookies in scoring last year? It's not like he didn't do anything last season. Hell, he was 4th on his team in points and LED THEM IN GOALS. I'm not sure what you call gifted, but it seems to me he fit in the NHL.

No it doesn't. Hell Kessel at one time alluded to maybe making a change back in the turmoil of the Wilson days. Seems that the relationship with the Leafs was mended.

His agent is saying that Yakupov is willing to do what the team wants if they are frustrated with his development. He understands that it is part of the way the game is played. What isn't said, but is alluded to, is that he's willing to be there if management wants him too.

He hasn't publicly said "trade me". Very big distinction actually.

Ya okay, when he's gone soon get back to me. BTW the Kessel comparison isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad