2012 NHL Draft Top-100 (Combined from RLR, FC and ISS)

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Is it just me or is there a big lack of NCAA freshman that are representing their first draft years?

It seems many are born between 92'-93' rather than your expected 93'-94'

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Could anyone who watches them give me some reviews on Matia Marcantuoni and Jarrod Maidens? While you guys are it, what about Brandon Gaunce ? Thx!

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
WELL from the start of the "combined" early rankings that began this thread it looks like only 1 of the 3 ranking services rankd DYLAN BLUJUS (That wass FC at #53) --yet he drops to #83 on the combined????

YET both #53 and #83 look FOOLISH at least in the early going because te 6'3 195 D-man of BRAMPTON (OHL) has 4 goals and 2 assists and is +3 after just 6GP --the 4 goals ALREADY equals his entire goal output from last year..IF he keepsthis up he will roocket up the charts into certain first rounder territory and at that pace even go top ten...CAn he keep it up ? Well he is the guy on the point for their PP so maybe he can pile up the points...

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
WELL from the start of the "combined" early rankings that began this thread it looks like only 1 of the 3 ranking services rankd DYLAN BLUJUS (That wass FC at #53) --yet he drops to #83 on the combined????

YET both #53 and #83 look FOOLISH at least in the early going because te 6'3 195 D-man of BRAMPTON (OHL) has 4 goals and 2 assists and is +3 after just 6GP --the 4 goals ALREADY equals his entire goal output from last year..IF he keepsthis up he will roocket up the charts into certain first rounder territory and at that pace even go top ten...CAn he keep it up ? Well he is the guy on the point for their PP so maybe he can pile up the points...

Basing things on stats is dangerous when scouting.

First rounder? No, dont see it.

2nd-3rd? Thats a fair assesment.

firstroundbust

lacks explosiveness
Mar 3, 2004
Parts Unknown
Is it just me or is there a big lack of NCAA freshman that are representing their first draft years?

It seems many are born between 92'-93' rather than your expected 93'-94'

That's because many college freshman were drafted while they were in HS, USHL, BCHL, etc. True draft-eligible NCAA freshmen are a rarity these days.

Ain't your daddy's NCAA anymore...

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Saw Ville Pokka playing today and i can't see him as an 1st round pick. Made mistakes slow feets. Good on PP and offensive zone. Bottom 2nd rounder max at this point.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Saw Ville Pokka playing today and i can't see him as an 1st round pick. Made mistakes slow feets. Good on PP and offensive zone. Bottom 2nd rounder max at this point.

Reminds me of Sami Salo. Similar players, both with great shots and not the best footwork.

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far

Pokka's skating and overall athleticism have improved from last season. He has been slightly overweight his whole junior career, but he's slowly starting to look like a pro athlete. His speed is now okay for SM-liiga as long as he's not forced to stay too long on the ice. He clearly slows down at the end of a long and tough shift. His lateral movement and pivots should also improve a bit before he's fully ready to face better competition. I've been surprised how well he has been playing in SM-liiga, most of the time he looks like a seasoned pro out there, very impressing.

Just early speculation, but teams that have enough trust in Pokka's ability to improve his movement&speed might see him as a late 1st / early 2nd rounder. It’s hard to say who's the top Finn in this draft, at the moment there seems to be 3 good candidates; Pokka, Teräväinen and Määttä.

arsmaster*

Reminds me of Sami Salo. Similar players, both with great shots and not the best footwork.

Since when does Sami Salo have a footwork issue?

Is he slower now that he is old? yes

Does he still skate well? Yes

Now back to draft talk.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Since when does Sami Salo have a footwork issue?

Is he slower now that he is old? yes

Does he still skate well? Yes

Now back to draft talk.

He's never been a great skater. He's got a strong and powerful stride but he's never been above average speed-wise or been terribly mobile.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
I honestly dont see how ciampini is still being ranked in the top 30 after his season last year, unless the scouts are assuming he will have a big season this season coming up. He was barely effective outside of the offensive zone and he wasnt that effective there either. Some q scouts I have talked to suggest he might not even get drafted and I was thinking maybe late rounds.

Scouting is always based more on projections than just results. to say that he might not get drafted is a joke even before his decent start this year.

Definetley a top 60 guy IMO.

0123456789*

Tomas Hertl is leading Slavia Praha's extra league team in points(and not by fluke) with 12games - 6goals - 6assists - 12points. He already has more points then last years 41st pick Dimitrij Jaskin who played/plays for the same team and had 33games - 3goals - 7assists - 10points (this year he has one assist unfortunately in his 11 games). Hertl is also 8th in scoring and points in the league, as a 17 year old still. Has good size too for those that arent familiar.

Either way he should be climbing the charts shortly.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Sean Monahan is near the top of the OHL points list...

Anyone seen him play? Is he a potential 1st rounder?

EDIT: Looks like a 2013 draft candidate. Nevermind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad