2012 NHL Draft Top-100 (Combined from RLR, FC and ISS)

FifthLine

@AHartScout
Jul 2, 2011
toronto
Quick question, who has 1st round potential, that is comparable to brad Marchand (agitator) or a holmstrom net presence type? Thanks

Edges7*

Feb 25, 2010
MA
Quick question, who has 1st round potential, that is comparable to brad Marchand (agitator) or a holmstrom net presence type? Thanks

My two cents from kids who played down here and who are as highly ranked:

Henrik Sammuelson...Marchand...

Zemgus Girgensons...Holmstrom...

Paramount

Aug 30, 2011
With a good season in the Q, Grigorenko could probably be taken as high as 2nd overall... Yakupov is really good too and could help Galchenyuk raise his draft ranking as well if the duo combine for another great season in Sarnia.

koh19

May 19, 2006
Fribourg
Sven Andrighetto from the Rouyn Noranda Huskies of the QMJHL will be the next swiss player that'll be a high draftee. Maybe not as high as Niederreiter, nor Baertschi but first round IMO.

mark these words

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I thought 2012 was supposed to be the Year of the D-man --a draft deep in d-men especialy in round one and two more than usual...I note that Craig Button on his tOP 30 list as of September 9th had 12 of his top 30 as D-men and another 10 D-men in the 2nd round of the next 30 picks..

SO is 12/30 for D-men in round one more that usual? IS 22/ the top 60 more than the usual number of de-men in a draft?

In 2011 there were 11 D-men in round one and 9 D-men in round 2.... SO it appears this 2012 crop is only slightly deeper in d-men than 2011 if Button's list holds to the end---SO why the hype about a spec ial year for D-men?

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
I thought 2012 was supposed to be the Year of the D-man --a draft deep in d-men especialy in round one and two more than usual...I note that Craig Button on his tOP 30 list as of September 9th had 12 of his top 30 as D-men and another 10 D-men in the 2nd round of the next 30 picks..

SO is 12/30 for D-men in round one more that usual? IS 22/ the top 60 more than the usual number of de-men in a draft?

In 2011 there were 11 D-men in round one and 9 D-men in round 2.... SO it appears this 2012 crop is only slightly deeper in d-men than 2011 if Button's list holds to the end---SO why the hype about a spec ial year for D-men?

I have read some scouting lists that have between 13-16 defensemen going in the first round. Yes, I would say that that many defensemen is considered "deep" but I think what's more important is the calibre of 1st round defensemen that teams are going to get in next year's draft. Quality defensemen that could become franchise defenders.

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink

The 2012 draft has way more players that will have succesful NHL careers in my opininion, plenty of depth on defense and a couple of franchise defenseman, maybe even four or five for sure candidates, think of the 2008 draft for defenseman, that's how deep it is.

PS: I will be making a top 100, maybe even 150 for the start of the season, I started on this tonight.

0123456789*

Tomáš Hertl playing for HC Slavia in the Czech top league with (Jaskin) had another goal last night, now has 2g-2a-4pts in 4 games. Tied for the lead in points for HC Slavia 4 games in, thats pretty unheard off for a 17 year old. Still early but its a good start, last year before his injuries came he had something like 3 points per game in juniors...

For those who dont know he has been one of the top Czech prosepcts going in to the 2012 draft for a few years but last year had a injury plagued season, though he still had a amazing season in juniors. Also I should add he is listed as 188cm(less then what he was listed as last year) but regardless he is a pretty big player.
Anyways I am back in the hockey world and happen to be in Prague so I will get lots of chances to watch him.

Definitely someone people should keep an eye out on to rise in the draft rankings, in to the top half of the first round. Maybe a player that can slip in the top 10?

Last edited by a moderator:

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California

I have read some scouting lists that have between 13-16 defensemen going in the first round. Yes, I would say that that many defensemen is considered "deep" but I think what's more important is the calibre of 1st round defensemen that teams are going to get in next year's draft. Quality defensemen that could become franchise defenders.

The 2012 draft has way more players that will have succesful NHL careers in my opininion, plenty of depth on defense and a couple of franchise defenseman, maybe even four or five for sure candidates, think of the 2008 draft for defenseman, that's how deep it is.

PS: I will be making a top 100, maybe even 150 for the start of the season, I started on this tonight.

I think there are also a lot more defensemen expected to go in the first half of the first round compared to recent years, so that gives you an idea of the top-end strength of this coming year's defensemen class.

UkraineTrain

Jul 9, 2010
Ukraine
What about Anton Slepyshev #1 in KHL draft this year? Being 17 y.o. he's got 3g+1a in 7 games in KHL.
6'1, 180 is pretty good size.

0123456789*

^ When I look at him I have a hard time believing he is 6'0, 5'10 sounds more like it. Mind you I havent seen him in person.

Rule of thumb though is that generally heights are skewed upwards, half the prospects I can think of had their heights at some point listed higher th3n they really were before the draft. After which the fans of the player obviously go on to use the higher height given to make the player look better and validate their excitement about the player/prospect.

5'10 or 5'11 though isnt a bad height, hell Crosby is only 5'11. Certainly looks like a amazing talent though, looks like it will be a interesting battle between him and Grigorenko this year. Will be fun to watch him next year in the NHL.

edit: and infact by the Ontario hockey league he is listed as 5'10, they seem usually as accurate as you can get for player heights and in any case it would be more likely for his real height to be lower then the given height if there was a inaccuracy. Also remember he can still grow, especially if his body hasnt filled out much.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com

pouskin74*

Sting still have him listed at those measurements:
http://www.sarniasting.com/roster/list/year/2011/team/17

The OHL does as well, but take their cue from Sarnia:
http://ontariohockeyleague.com/roster/show/id/6539

Cant say when or if they've updated, but typically teams do it once at the beginning of the season and that's it.

i just like to give you a little brain teaser -
http://alyonka.tumblr.com/post/1067703433/nail-yakupov-igor-larionov-alex-galchenyuk
this pictures was taken more than year ago! Larionov is 5.9 and Galchenyuk is 6.1.
however McKenzie is closer to truth by-
http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=9819
here is team russia roster for WJC U18 2011 in the spring
http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/244/IHM2440RUS_33_3_0.pdf
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2011/07/20/yakupov-aims-to-be-nhls-first-tatar-superstar/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad