2012 NHL Draft Top-100 (Combined from RLR, FC and ISS)

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
He'd have had to graduate high school two years early, no? I've never heard of anyone being a D1 freshman the year BEFORE their draft year. More frequently its the year after.

Yeah, after watching a few games, realized most teams don't mind drafting players after their first draft-elibigle years.

stmikes76

Nov 25, 2004
sounds familiar.. where have I heard this idea before..

http://www.hockeyprospect.com/scouting/index.php/subscribe.html

(top one) is basically the same thing, except 11 instead of 2..

The McKeen's Staff has always prided itself on being incredibly in-depth and not just spitting out stats in their scouting reports. They are led by a former NHL scout who actually knows what to look for in players! You may only get 2 newsletters but you also get their draft guide which profiles the top 125 players for 12, Top 30 for 13 and Top 10 for 14. You do not get that with other services.

CoyotesHFNHL

May 30, 2010
The McKeen's Staff has always prided itself on being incredibly in-depth and not just spitting out stats in their scouting reports. They are led by a former NHL scout who actually knows what to look for in players! You may only get 2 newsletters but you also get their draft guide which profiles the top 125 players for 12, Top 30 for 13 and Top 10 for 14. You do not get that with other services.

It sounds like you're suggesting no other scouting service has that. Wasn't Woodlief of Red line a respected former NHL scout for a number of years? And the guy who runs hockey prospect coached for almost 20 years, and coached some of the top young prospects in the game (Pietrangelo and Simmonds I remember were mentioned before) so it McKeen's being lead by a former NHL scout is obviously a good thing, but it puts them par for the course with the other ones out there. I saw FC and HP draft guides last year, and FC has some of the best player images out there, with a full page run downs on all the top guys, and magazine type articles that covered all the storylines leading up to the draft, HP had 100-150 full pagers scouting reports on prospects, and another 100 half pagers, so there's something for everyone out there, I don't know if one is that much better than the other besides preference.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
Tim Bozon, Kamloops Blazers
Swiss, 6'1 185 lbs
Plays a lot like Mason Raymond, good vision and great skater

GP 39 G 19 A 17 Pts 36

He's clearly flying under the radar right now.

Highfive

Jan 6, 2012
Tim Bozon is the son from Philippe Bozon who played for the Blues back in the 90´s, and his Father is French.He was also a good player.

andre68

Jan 24, 2006
Mark Seidel, who is the director of scouting for the independent North American Central Scouting service, has compiled a mid-term ranking of who he feels are the top 160 prospects for the 2012 National Hockey League Draft.

The top-rated player is 6-foot, 190-pound right winger Nail Yakupov from the Sarnia Sting of the OHL. Sarnia also boasts the sixth-ranked player, injured centre Alex Galchenyuk.

Mikael Grigorenko, a hulking 6-foot-3, 194- pound centre from the Quebec Remparts of the Quebec Major Jr. Hockey League, is the second player rated after Sarnia's Yakupov.

NACS then lists three defencemen in the third, fourth and fifth slots.

They are Ryan Murray of the Everett Silvertips of the Western Hockey League, Matt Dumba of the WHL's Red Deer Rebels and Jacob Trouba of the United States National Development Team Program.

http://www.saultthisweek.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3424482

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
He'd have had to graduate high school two years early, no? I've never heard of anyone being a D1 freshman the year BEFORE their draft year. More frequently its the year after.

Depends on the state/province in terms of the cutoff for when somebody starts school. Adam Clendening (October 92) was born in New York state, where the cutoff is November 30th. If he were born in say Minnesota, he would have had to wait another year to start school as a kid.

But since the NHL Draft cutoff is September 15th, Clendening had to wait an extra year compared to his fellow USNTDP blueliners Derek Forbort, Jarred Tinordi, Justin Faulk, Jon Merrill, and Stephen Johns. All of them (minus Tinordi who left for the OHL) all played their freshman year of college in 2010-11.

It's not uncommon to see an NCAA freshman drafted in his first year of eligibility. It'll most likely be a guy with a late birthday (September-December) who was born in a state/province with a late cutoff for school.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
So is that NCAS list available or? Google isn't giving me anything and the Sault article doesn't mention that the rankings are private.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Hey all, I'll be drafting around 10th ish in a keeper league pool this year and was wondering which players to focus around. Obviously I'm looking for players with the biggest offensive upside, which rules out 2-way forwards, defensive defencemen, and to an extent 2-way defencemen.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

brewski1810

Jul 12, 2010
prospects

surprised that hunter shinkaruk of the medicine hat tigers is not on the radar here, not on the top 150 list, he is a smaller guy but he had a solid season last year as a rookie and has already put up 62 points in 49 gms this season, he has a great skill set and is getting better daily, i could see him easily as a second round pick third at the latest.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
surprised that hunter shinkaruk of the medicine hat tigers is not on the radar here, not on the top 150 list, he is a smaller guy but he had a solid season last year as a rookie and has already put up 62 points in 49 gms this season, he has a great skill set and is getting better daily, i could see him easily as a second round pick third at the latest.

What? He's 2013 eligible.

R S

Sep 18, 2006

He'll likely be a top 15-20 pick in 2013, when he's eligible.

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC

My best friends GF's brother and ya he's 2013 and he's going to be a star for real! At this point definitely a top 5 pick and I don't see him slipping out of the top 10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad