2012-2013 Trade Rumors Part 2

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Kitchener needs scoring not defense.

Really. You have two 20+ goal scorers (one being newly acquired Leivo). Yes, you certainly do need more guys who have more than 20 right now. On paper though, you have 4 guys who should have 20 or more. They need to step up and produce (injuries have also played a role). If you spend your assets over complementing yourself with 'scorers' without paying attention to the D, wait and see what happens. No reason in the world why the forward crop you have shouldn't produce at a better pace (other than injuries up til now). Your defence is going to be your downfall, mark it down. :towel:
Don't get me wrong, I am quite happy to see a rival not address a glaring need (at least it is glaring to the rest of the league). :)

Last edited:

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Really. You have two 20+ goal scorers (one being newly acquired Leivo). Yes, you certainly do need more guys who have more than 20 right now. On paper though, you have 4 guys who should have 20 or more. They need to step up and produce (injuries have also played a role). If you spend your assets over complementing yourself with 'scorers' without paying attention to the D, wait and see what happens. No reason in the world why the forward crop you have shouldn't produce at a better pace (other than injuries up til now). Your defence is going to be your downfall, mark it down. :towel:
Don't get me wrong, I am quite happy to see a rival not address a glaring need (at least it is glaring to the rest of the league). :)

I agree if the rangers dont get some snarl and size on the back end they will be in trouble

ORYX

Mar 2, 2008

While I acknowledge your believe that defense is a glaring need, the stats surely dont show it. Yes a defensive dman would be nice. However, coming from you, saying Gibson isnt a show stealer, and they have a weak defense, explain to me why they have allowed 8 fewer goals against then your London knights, a team you surely believe (and other have mentioned as well) is the best defense in the league?

On paper the offense is great, good thing about hockey is you play the games, and not just read the stat lines.

Kitcheners strength has been team defense, thats forwards being responsible, dmen clearing rebounds, and Gibson making the saves he has to make.

Is a defensive dman a nice addition? Absolutely. Will it be their down fall? Doubt it, theyve gone 40 games with scoring as the down fall, don't see that changing unless they break out of their slump.

I'd like to know whose keeping the pucks out of the net in Kitchener if it isnt Gibson and the defense sucks....

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
While I acknowledge your believe that defense is a glaring need, the stats surely dont show it. Yes a defensive dman would be nice. However, coming from you, saying Gibson isnt a show stealer, and they have a weak defense, explain to me why they have allowed 8 fewer goals against then your London knights, a team you surely believe (and other have mentioned as well) is the best defense in the league?

On paper the offense is great, good thing about hockey is you play the games, and not just read the stat lines.

Kitcheners strength has been team defense, thats forwards being responsible, dmen clearing rebounds, and Gibson making the saves he has to make.

Is a defensive dman a nice addition? Absolutely. Will it be their down fall? Doubt it, theyve gone 40 games with scoring as the down fall, don't see that changing unless they break out of their slump.

I'd like to know whose keeping the pucks out of the net in Kitchener if it isnt Gibson and the defense sucks....

Whoa, I think you've got a bit far here. I never said the defence sucks. I also praised Gibson. Gibson has been very good this year and his stats are good but against the top teams he hasn't been phenomenal. (yes he has been GOOD).
If success to you is a first round win and out, ok great.
I am speaking to you in terms of real success....in that if you wants your rangers to win the ohl championship, you won't do it with that defence. There are offences like the Knights that will skate around them and put 50 shots on Gibson. There are offences like Owen Sound that will pummel your defence into submission.
The point I made about your forwards is this: you don't need to acquire anymore, you need to get the production out of the current crop you have.

So to recap: Gibson very good. Existing forwards should be scoring more. Minimal assets you have left should be to address a shut down D (which you don't have).
:deadhorse

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
On to other rumours, it appears Guelph is making a strong push for Mathers from the Petes.
That would be a nice acquisition and one that I must say, I wish the Knights would go for.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
On to other rumours, it appears Guelph is making a strong push for Mathers from the Petes.
That would be a nice acquisition and one that I must say, I wish the Knights would go for.

I dont think the Knights need him,they have enough team toughness especially with the addition of Sefton,to go after a 19 year old who will see limited minutes seems wrong to me
Dont waste an asset to get him,just my view

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
I dont think the Knights need him,they have enough team toughness especially with the addition of Sefton,to go after a 19 year old who will see limited minutes seems wrong to me
Dont waste an asset to get him,just my view

Good point....leading up to the deadline I wanted him on our squad but with Sefton now I guess that need is addressed (wow, that fight he had where he KO'd Broll was sick).
Very surprised I haven't see moves out of Sarnia and 'more' out of Niagara.

KnightRanger

Dec 30, 2009
Waterloo
Knights 77 & Oryx both have great points and I agree with both of you.

Gibson is Great! The defense is holding up in the stats department and scoring has been a problem.

Don't quote this, but wasn't 8 games into the season before the Rangers scored their first 5 on 5 goal of the season???

The problem is Spott! He doesn't get the most out of his players!

They have a great offense, just need the coaching to get them on track!

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010

I think Hunter will add a guy who can score,while the Knights have 8 forwards in double digits with goals an injury to Griffith or Domi or worse both could pose alot problems scoring wise when things tighten up in the playoffs and goals usually are harder to come by

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol

Before everyone left for the world juniors, Kitchener had the best defensive stats in the league. I still think they're either at the top or around the top. Kitchener has lost most of their games because they haven't been able to score.

On paper, Kitchener should have been great on all ends but they've only been great on defense and goaltending. Kitchener needs a new scoring line center, such as Monahan or even a mega-trade with Hamilton who sends Ritchie along with their two possibly NHL bound players.

Kitchener's defense has been awesome this year, against good teams as well. Murphy and Corrado are two #1 defensemen who can play in all situations. Fanelli is a solid #3, McEneny as well, then you've got the weak links in Iafrate and Gilbert, but they aren't horrible, they're a #4/5 in Iafrate and a #5 in Gilbert. I've seen weaker defenses win championships, but they were scoring better than Kitchener is now.

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
I think Hunter will add a guy who can score,while the Knights have 8 forwards in double digits with goals an injury to Griffith or Domi or worse both could pose alot problems scoring wise when things tighten up in the playoffs and goals usually are harder to come by

I agree. Not happy sitting pat with what we have. Teams in the west have loaded up. Even teams at the bottom are better....Erie is winning games, Windsor is going to be a lot tougher with their additions and the Sault is doing well after the coaching change. Games are going to be tougher to win period.
Knights need to take a gamble on a Niagara player. My hope is Strome but would settle for Ritchie.
Losing Griffith would be awful and that is why I wanted to push for a true sniper like Trochek. (that boat sailed).

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Owen Sound trade Jake Dotchin to Barrie for 4 draft picks.

picks are: 2 3rd's 2013, 5th 2014, 4th 2014

Last edited:

ORYX

Mar 2, 2008
A friend of mine has been saying today the Rangers are pushing for one of Strome of Quine.

I'd be more comfortable trading for Quine given he isnt going to get a shot at the NHL this season. Though the risk/reward for Strome should help ease the price on him. Teams wont pay out the butt unless there is assurance he is going to return, which Niagara cannot offer, not can the Islanders.

As a Ranger fan, I'd be sinking my chips into Quine, who reportedly the Petes are seeking Brett Pedersen from the Rangers. Thats a trade i'd make.

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
A friend of mine has been saying today the Rangers are pushing for one of Strome of Quine.

I'd be more comfortable trading for Quine given he isnt going to get a shot at the NHL this season. Though the risk/reward for Strome should help ease the price on him. Teams wont pay out the butt unless there is assurance he is going to return, which Niagara cannot offer, not can the Islanders.

As a Ranger fan, I'd be sinking my chips into Quine, who reportedly the Petes are seeking Brett Pedersen from the Rangers. Thats a trade i'd make.

Wow, yes in a hearbeat. That would be a very good deal. Heck if thats the price for Quine, throw some conditional picks to Niagara for Strome and get both!!
(I am really hoping that London pushes for Strome). :naughty:

PoorPetes

Dec 18, 2012
Ont, Canada
Kitchener - Get Peterborough's Quine and Mathers please!!!
Seems Guelph tried for Mathers but stupid Board / GM of the Petes don't know how to complete a deal... pathetic.
These guys need a chance to see how playoffs feel for the first time and can for sure help a team out!

ORYX

Mar 2, 2008
Wow, yes in a hearbeat. That would be a very good deal. Heck if thats the price for Quine, throw some conditional picks to Niagara for Strome and get both!!
(I am really hoping that London pushes for Strome). :naughty:

I should note this is just what im being told from a friend, who has been correct in the past, also has been incorrect. It would be for Pedersen alone, add picks as well, the value of which I dont know.

I'd certainly be willing to do Pedersen, 2nd, 4th or something of that range.

Also rumoured on the block are Josh Sterk and Matia Marcantuoni.

superspitfan99

Sep 3, 2012
Ontario
If Kitchener needs a D who can score, why woudn't they go after DeMelo? He's put up some good points, he's a stong D-man and he's from that area (well London), but close enough???

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol

Possibilty of the top Ice Dogs kids sticking in the NHL will drive down Strome and Hamilton's price immensely, which means I think that in a trade for Ritchie, a team could get Strome and Hamilton as "throw ins" for some more players.

KnightRanger

Dec 30, 2009
Waterloo
Kitchener should make a bid for Strome and Hamilton with a ton of conditional picks on them staying for the remainder of the season.

Pederson, Sterk, MM, Lewellyn + the conditional picks! Go all in at this point! Whatever it takes.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00