2012-2013 Trade Rumors Part 2

Spitsfan67*

Saw on the Windsor thread that the Spits get Niagara's 2nd round pick because it was in conditions when they got Wigle.

It was part of Meletta deal, spits got a 2nd in 2014 BUT if the dogs acquired another 2nd his year then the 2014 pick moved to a 2013 2nd round pick...

Luvtowatch

Feb 21, 2012
No news out of London. Appears they are done.
Bulls got taken to the cleaners for Quine - 3 2nd round picks, are you kidding me?? Good job Petes you finally won a trade.
McGuire to Generals, finally they make a move. Nice acquisition....totally NOT what they needed but ok, decent player tough as nails.

Ya really, Quine is so overrated. Always has been. Never been a winner. Not in minor hockey or in the OHL.

He is a nice skater though. :)

Friendly Fan

Mar 27, 2009
Ya really, Quine is so overrated. Always has been. Never been a winner. Not in minor hockey or in the OHL.

He is a nice skater though. :)

Agreed 150%.

Kid always got hyped but never produced, not in MM or OHL. He went 2nd overall, and not worth the 3 2nd round picks.

Belleville has too many chiefs and not enough Indians on their team. I like Graovac and Cramarossa, but most the others are all smoke, no fire. Even Gaunce. He may be the most hyped player, with limited abilities. Bad skater, doesnt hit, doesnt fight. Just takes up alot of minutes and plays with the best players.

JMO

ORYX

Mar 2, 2008
Agreed 150%.

Kid always got hyped but never produced, not in MM or OHL. He went 2nd overall, and not worth the 3 2nd round picks.

Belleville has too many chiefs and not enough Indians on their team. I like Graovac and Cramarossa, but most the others are all smoke, no fire. Even Gaunce. He may be the most hyped player, with limited abilities. Bad skater, doesnt hit, doesnt fight. Just takes up alot of minutes and plays with the best players.

JMO

You like Graovac, who's career high in points coming into this season is 27 as a 1993 born player, over a guy like Quine, who had more then that as a rookie, and has more points in the lask 90 games played, then Graovac does over 3 1/2 seasons...!?

You really dont know what you are talking about.

Quine's numbers the past 90 games:

2012-13 Regular Season Peterborough Petes 26GP 9G 17A 26P
2011-12 Regular Season Peterborough Petes 65GP 30G 40A 70P
Totals: 91 GP, 39G, 57A 96P

Graovac over his entire career looks like: 199 GP, 42 G, 54 A, 96 P

You tell me who the better player is....

And I'm not arguing the cost, perhaps Quine wasnt worth 3 2nds, but he is better then Graovac overall by a long shot.

Tonester01

Sep 30, 2012
Agreed 150%.

JMO

Wow as a Bull's season ticket holder, I guess I'm wasting my money on a team of under achievers. Maybe I can get a refund. Time will tell but Quine and Grovac may address Bull's two biggest problems , lowest scoring team in the O and worst power play. George had extra picks plus kept Petti, Berisha and Graham.

Luvtowatch

Feb 21, 2012
You like Graovac, who's career high in points coming into this season is 27 as a 1993 born player, over a guy like Quine, who had more then that as a rookie, and has more points in the lask 90 games played, then Graovac does over 3 1/2 seasons...!?

And I'm not arguing the cost, perhaps Quine wasnt worth 3 2nds, but he is better then Graovac overall by a long shot.

Now, now, the difference is that Graovac has never been a hyped player, he has come into his own as a 19 yr old. Quine got drafted into the O ahead of Strome, Murphy , Jenner, Puempel, Lessio and others who are much better than him. Always under achieved.

Luvtowatch

Feb 21, 2012
Seen Quine play a few times, not sure why all the hate today.

I think it is a case of disappointment. He was a paid for minor midget player in the GTHL who got hurt, but even when he played was only a pretty skater for everyone to watch. Most are just shaking their heads why Burnett would give up so much for a kid who hasn't proven much to this point.

Friendly Fan

Mar 27, 2009

Remember the name Peter Lee- had the most OHL goals in history, before Tavares passed him, and I think Peter MAY have had a cup of coffee in the NHL. Numbers are not everything.

All I am saying is that Quine put up better numbers, but has not accomplished much in MM or OHL, or on the world stage. RIGHT NOW, GRAOVAC IS THE BETTER PLAYER, AND I AM SURE MORE TEAMS WOULD RATHER HAVE GRAOVAC THAN QUINE.

Luvtowatch

Feb 21, 2012
Remember the name Peter Lee- had the most OHL goals in history, before Tavares passed him, and I think Peter MAY have had a cup of coffee in the NHL. Numbers are not everything.

All I am saying is that Quine put up better numbers, but has not accomplished much in MM or OHL, or on the world stage. RIGHT NOW, GRAOVAC IS THE BETTER PLAYER, AND I AM SURE MORE TEAMS WOULD RATHER HAVE GRAOVAC THAN QUINE.

I would. I would have liked many players over him. George should have called Boyd for Riley Brace. Better and cheaper.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Johnny MacGuire to Oshawa

Sebastian Uvira to Plymouth

The Uvira trade was for defenseman Simon Karlsson. Seems like an odd trade for the Whalers. With the current injuries to Mitch Jones and Crombeen, this leaves Plymouth with just 6 healthy defensemen. Uvira's stats are pretty minimal. Is he worth giving up blue line depth for?

JSavoire

May 28, 2011
Wow as a Bull's season ticket holder, I guess I'm wasting my money on a team of under achievers. Maybe I can get a refund. Time will tell but Quine and Grovac may address Bull's two biggest problems , lowest scoring team in the O and worst power play. George had extra picks plus kept Petti, Berisha and Graham.

I think George did fairly well in leaving something behind for next year otherwise if you got rid of Petti, Berisha and Graham and brought in another forward and a much needed D (I really feel bad Bulls didn't scoop up a big, mean and tough stay at home D in Sefton!) you'd have an empty cupboard for next year or two at least. And you can't bring up your Wellington Dukes guys and expect anything more than a Tier 2 team up front. There's still time left today.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Yeah I like Quine too. Thought he had an outside chance at the World Juniors this year.

The Detroit Red Wings liked him enough to take him third round and apparently were impressed with him in a 3 game AHL call-up last year. I think he adds an a much needed playmaking 2nd line center and I'm not and I'm not upset about the slight overpayment.

Juniorfan

Jan 10, 2013
You can say that you are ok with the overpayment of Quine as of right now before the playoffs start but will you still say the same thing 3 months from now if they don't win it all.

Friendly Fan

Mar 27, 2009
It seems like only Barrie and Belleville got stronger in the East, and OS, Plymouth, London and Kitchener in the west.

Seems like it will be an interesting 2nd half.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
How do you sell Strome if he's in New York?

There's speculation that he is very unlikely to make their roster this year, and will most likely be sent down after camp.

I'm willing to bet that no team was willing to give up actual roster players. It would have been a handful of picks in the 12th-15th round range that would have become 2nds and 3rds had he been sent down.

Spitsfan67*

It seems like only Barrie and Belleville got stronger in the East, and OS, Plymouth, London and Kitchener in the west.

Seems like it will be an interesting 2nd half.

Oh yea the spits didn't get stronger? I geuss not to you..we got Khoklachev for FREE, traded Lorentz who is just pathetic at best...we got a guy who has 15 goals this year and 36 last year, traded for koekoek and added a gritty solid 2nd/3rd liner Giftopulous...and we traded a underachiever Meletta, we look ALOT better then a week ago and this team will hopefully build chemistry and make a push.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->