Mar 17, 2012
No Bateman in the deal,

Jeff Hicks ‏@HicksJD
No Bateman in KoKo deal.

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
Thanks

Unless Bateman is included, I still don't think its enough for Peterborough.

Bateman wasn't included which is what I heard from three different sources which indicates Peterborough got robbed. Even if PBO changes their mind and tries to include Bateman in the deal, if Koekkoek comes back they LOSE this deal.

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
I think Petes management needs to explain to their fans why they are consistently unable to get fair value for their players and what the plan is to address the problem. Because I'm sure there would have been offers from other teams but the players involved wouldn't report to Peterborough, and more than likely there were teams that Koekkoek wouldn't report to. It makes getting fair value extremely difficult. After all, no one could possibly make this trade and think they got fair value for their player.

GoLeafsGo96

Dec 26, 2010
Yup, the Plymouth and Saginaw deal is done (Thought it fell through a day ago, but sides picked back up and got it done).

Pending league approval Vince Trocheck will be a Whaler.. Main piece going to Saginaw is Zach Bratina.

Go Whalers :yo:

GuillaumeLetsundress*

what an exciting trade deadline!! all the big names are going! except for quine and the boys in Niagara but there is still time

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Cody Payne was also a scratch and some sources on Twitter say he's also going to Saginaw. West is loading up, London, Owen Sound and Plymouth look great. Sarnia is great too if Galchenyuk comes back and they can still add tomorrow. Kitchener looks good. New look Spitfires could be interesting as a lower seed.

Last edited:

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Seems like good change of scenery moves for Perlini and Bratina, they should see lots of ice time on their new teams.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Yup, the Plymouth and Saginaw deal is done (Thought it fell through a day ago, but sides picked back up and got it done).

Pending league approval Vince Trocheck will be a Whaler.. Main piece going to Saginaw is Zach Bratina.

Go Whalers :yo:

Jim Paliafito just collectively took every Spirit fan, bent them over, and screwed them.

Way to drop the ball on this Jim. I only have feelings of utter disgust for you now and for the rest of the time you are GM here in Saginaw.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Cody Payne was also a scratch and some sources on Twitter say he's also going to Saginaw. West is loading up, London, Owen Sound and Plymouth look great. Sarnia is great too if Galchenyuk comes back and they can still add tomorrow. Kitchener looks good. New look Spitfires could be interesting as a lower seed.

We still need a goalie in Plymouth if the Whalers are going to contend.

Hockey4Lyfe13

Sep 15, 2012
The best place for Alan Quine to land is in Kitchener!!!!!!! That would make the west really interesting, if the Rangers could pick up that scoring centre we absolutely need!!!!

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
The best place for Alan Quine to land is in Kitchener!!!!!!! That would make the west really interesting, if the Rangers could pick up that scoring centre we absolutely need!!!!

I really think not. First, I don't think Quine is that good (especially considering the offensive talent you already have). Second, Kitchener desperately needs tough shut down D. If you had one move left to make, I wouldn't use it on a guy like Quine.
You better hope Gibson can carry you, cuz your D is not what it used to be! (Corrado is a nice addition but his strenght is offence). Cody Sol, oh how you are missed....

ORYX

Mar 2, 2008

But what would it take? My thought is if the Rangers were going to land another player from Peterborough it was likely to have happened when Schoenmakers was traded.

Quine would be a fantastic addition at center, though Petes are a tough sell to anyone with a no trade clause. The one player I continue to have a difficult time slotting into the forward group if you add another forward is Pedersen. Perhaps Pedersen and a pick gets it done, but i doubt it. (I only say that because teams have made a point of fleecing the Petes in all of their past years dealings - Watson, Puempel, rumoured Koekkoek deal)

We'll find out soon enough, I'm hopeful Quine boards the Rangers bus after tonights game!

Hockey4Lyfe13

Sep 15, 2012
I really think not. First, I don't think Quine is that good (especially considering the offensive talent you already have). Second, Kitchener desperately needs tough shut down D. If you had one move left to make, I wouldn't use it on a guy like Quine.
You better hope Gibson can carry you, cuz your D is not what it used to be! (Corrado is a nice addition but his strenght is offence). Cody Sol, oh how you are missed....

we do miss Cody Sol a lot! I do agree though a shut down D would be huge, but realistically outside of faksa we don't have a great center!!!! MM is not a 2nd liner, so we need to find a guy to fill the hole as well. We need to find a team with both those pieces and are willing to trade for a great price! Also Gibson is the type of goalie that can steal a series. Teams like Owen Sound, Plymouth and even London better watch out because no team has a goalie as good as Gibson!!!

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
we do miss Cody Sol a lot! I do agree though a shut down D would be huge, but realistically outside of faksa we don't have a great center!!!! MM is not a 2nd liner, so we need to find a guy to fill the hole as well. We need to find a team with both those pieces and are willing to trade for a great price! Also Gibson is the type of goalie that can steal a series. Teams like Owen Sound, Plymouth and even London better watch out because no team has a goalie as good as Gibson!!!

I agree, there is not a goalie in the league that if he gets hot is as good as Gibson. With that said, other than the world juniors he really hasn't been that great. Very good...but not a show stealer. A lot of your success certainly depends on him.
Just thought of this now, but if you are really hoping to get Quine out of the 'borough you should be hoping to have them include '93 Clark Seymour who is 6'3 201 pounds and could bring some needed toughness on D. Now that would be a trade worth doing.

Hockey4Lyfe13

Sep 15, 2012
I agree, there is not a goalie in the league that if he gets hot is as good as Gibson. With that said, other than the world juniors he really hasn't been that great. Very good...but not a show stealer. A lot of your success certainly depends on him.
Just thought of this now, but if you are really hoping to get Quine out of the 'borough you should be hoping to have them include '93 Clark Seymour who is 6'3 201 pounds and could bring some needed toughness on D. Now that would be a trade worth doing.

Well said!!! I agree with everything you said.

ORYX

Mar 2, 2008

Not a show stealer? He has consistently held the rangers in games. When your goals scored vs against differential is less then your wins total, you know your goalie is holding you in games. He has been nothing short of senstational this season, winning numerous 2-1 games.

Defense has not be a problem. I 100% agree a tough stay at home defender would be beneficial to this team, and that Cody Sol is missed, though it has not caused any problems to date. Scoring is the problem, particularly at the center position.

If I was to rank the needs, a defensive d man would not fall into that list, but into the list of "Bonus" or "Luxury" at this point in time given the Rangers current trading position and available assets.

I would expect that the Rangers will land a top 6 center yet. If they can add a defensive d-man at the same time with the right value being exchanged, that is a bonus! Also, i believe it is worth noting that they wouldnt need to acquire that top pairing defensive dman, with their depth they would benefit greatly with a strong defensive minded, tough depth d-man who has the ability to play extra minutes for short periods of time if needed.

ohlnhockeynut

Nov 12, 2012
Reported that there was a three way deal yesterday between plymouth, belleville, and peterborough that all gms were pleased with. Didn't go through cuz belleville party wouldnt report to plymouth

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol

Kitchener needs scoring not defense.

Friendly Fan

Mar 27, 2009
I for one do not think Sudbury is "packing it in" at all, and it would appear several people may be in for a suprise as they underestimate the talent on the roster. As far as Kingston, they're still too young but we shall see won't we;)

BS has done the right thing. He knows that it would be too hard to win this year, and has accepted their medicine for once in the last few years. The East is still up in the air, and if they can continue their somewhat hot streak, they will be a team to be challenged. No other Eastern team stands out, except for Barrie, and if they lose Scheifele, then they are average at best.

Sudbury is clearly building for next year, and if London gets the Mem CUp, then all they have to do is win the East and they are in the BIG SHOW.

They have traded away good players, but no superstars. Also, those guys except for Vienneau were becoming bigger than life, and were negatively affecting the dressing room.

WELL DONE BLAINE SMITH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad