clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
How about the 12 lol

gQBYzsZ.png
One is his ****ing cousin. LOL

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
Was there really such a rush to promote Demko mid-season, that we have to trade a proven NHL backup to make room for him? Especially since we didn't have any options should McKenna get picked up off waiver and Demko getting hurt? What was the rush to bring up Demko anyways?
Now Mikey is going to be scarred, Markstrom is feeling the pressure to play even if he is not 100%. And our race for the wild card spot is in jeopardy, and all for what exactly!?
Can somebody help me understand this?

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Every goalie has a bad game, Mikey is trained to handle pressure and move on from tough losses and he will.. If he’s going to have a bad game I’d rather it be in the NHL than the CHL anyway. It’s ridiculous to think Dipietro will be “scarred” because of one game. Absolutely ridiculous. If anything he will take it as a great learning experience if he has what it takes between the ears to be a regular NHLer in the first place.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
By the way this was the coach’s decision, it had nothing to do with management because it looks like Markstrom was able to play. When you are in the NHL and injuries and extraneous circumstances happen you have to make hard decisions. Personally I love the confidence Travis showed in Mikey to put him out there against San Jose. It was a great test and showed him how good the NHL forwards are. In the short term Mikey might upset about the loss and he might’ve lost a bit of confidence but he’s also going to think “I’m still 19 years old and I just started an NHL game” and gain confidence from that too so overall I don’t see anything but positives.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Yeah, being shelled is what drives goaltender development. Jimbo is really on some new age thinking here. Have your goaltending prospects get shelled, and they'll be better off.

Carey Price, the best goalie on planet earth for many years, came into the league early in his life and struggled too and he looks pretty good now.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Yeah, being shelled is what drives goaltender development. Jimbo is really on some new age thinking here. Have your goaltending prospects get shelled, and they'll be better off.
That which does kill you makes you stronger. Who would’ve thought the dude that wrote about Clark Kent would think that up?:sarcasm:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Carey Price, the best goalie on planet earth for many years, came into the league early in his life and struggled too and he looks pretty good now.

Yeah because he's Carey f***ing Price and was drafted 5th overall. Price posted a .920 SV% and a 2.56 GAA in 41 games....in his first year. What a comparable!

Reactions: Son of a Dawson

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Yeah because he's Carey ****ing Price and was drafted 5th overall. Price posted a .920 SV% and a 2.56 GAA in 41 games....in his first year. What a comparable!

And in his second season he had like a .900 save % and was getting booed by his own fans.. I remember what happened ok you can’t just pretend that didn’t happen. He turned out just fine and even Mikey didn’t get booed by his own fans so what happened to Price was much worse.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
The best way to teach kids how to swim is to drown them first.

Dipietro isn’t dead. He can still play more hockey games so your argument is disanalagous. In fact I hope he will play a few more games with the chance to end his NHL stint on a high note hopefully with a win so he can put this loss behind him.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
And in his second season he had like a .900 save % and was getting booed by his own fans.. I remember what happened ok you can’t just pretend that didn’t happen. He turned out just fine and even Mikey didn’t get booed by his own fans so what happened to Price was much worse.

This isn't comparable, it's stupid and I'm not arguing something so irrelevant.

Next.

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
Dipietro isn’t dead. He can still play more hockey games so your argument is disanalagous. In fact I hope he will play a few more games with the chance to end his NHL stint on a high note hopefully with a win so he can put this loss behind him.

That sounds like a great idea. He looks ready.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
This isn't comparable, it's stupid and I'm not arguing something so irrelevant.

Next.

Ok PG.

If citing another young goalie who struggled through a tremendous amount of adversity early on in his NHL career and went on to become the best goalie on the planet isn’t evidence to you that suggests Dipietro will be fine then we should end this discussion right here.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
That sounds like a great idea. He looks ready.

Of course he’s not ready to be a regular NHLer or even a full time backup, everyone knows this. But after this game I guarantee he will be a lot more ready the next time he gets the nod. That’s how players learn.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Ok PG.

If citing another young goalie who struggled through a tremendous amount of adversity early on in his NHL career and went on to become the best goalie on the planet isn’t evidence to you that suggests Dipietro will be fine then we should end this discussion right here.

DiPietro is not Carey Price. I'm sure we can find more examples of a goalie flaming out than excelling like Price has, but it's not worth the time and effort to go through and find the evidence because we both know, using common sense, most goalies that struggle don't just end up like Carey Price.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
DiPietro is not Carey Price. I'm sure we can find more examples of a goalie flaming out than excelling like Price has, but it's not worth the time and effort to go through and find the evidence because we both know, using common sense, most goalies that struggle don't just end up like Carey Price.

I’m sure there’s lots of examples of young goalies who went through adversity and never became NHLers. Thats Totally consistent with my point which is, the adversity is not the causative factor in them being an NHLer or not it’s their response to the adversity that matters. It’s not about how hard you GET HIT it’s about how hard you get hit and KEEP MOVING FORWARD. If Mikey can’t get up and move forward he was never going to pan out. Judging by how he got better throughout the game I think he’s a gamer and we have a good goalie on our hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad