18/19 MGMT thread VIIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phenomenon13

Oct 10, 2011
I'd argue that the need was when Dipietro was the backup, not when he was starting games. Dipietro starting games is when it goes from a problem to an emergency. Having Dipietro in the NHL and not playing games is not ideal for his growth.

Reactions: Jyrki21

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
What's your opinion on the whole situation.

I see you're going thread to thread to spread your faux outrage at the drama.

Do you think they handled this whole thing well. Please, please give me the courtesy of at least 3 sentences. Thx.
Its a fair assessment to question Benning on this one...It was a gamble..It didn't work out....It was one game, and the the reaction from the negative posters is its usual over the top hysteria..'embarrassed the franchise'..?

I remember Markstroms first game as a Canuck (against the Sharks no less)..He got lit up in the first period as well..DiPietro will be fine.

A pick was utilized, crisis averted.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Its a fair assessment to question Benning on this one...It was a gamble..It didn't work out....It was one game, and the the reaction from the negative posters is its usual over the top hysteria..'embarrassed the franchise'..?

I remember Markstroms first game as a Canuck (against the Sharks no less)..He got lit up in the first period as well..DiPietro will be fine.

Why do you think people are worried about the result of the game instead of the lack of foresight (that many posters here had) that benning has shown in the management of the situation.

Reactions: TruGr1t and geebaan

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018

Do you not think the team going out the very next day to get a goalie would suggest that they may have been slightly embarrassed? I think they didn't like the blow back they were getting and it became a whole league sees this issue that reared it's head by the kid getting fed to the Sharks.

Thank you for the response.

I remember Marky's 1st Canuck start too...he was 23, in his 4th year as a PRO in north america. Slightly different circumstances.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver

You do understand that Markstrom was 25 and played a ton of NHL games before that right?

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
If anyone thinks this is some random occurrence and people are just trying to nitpick you're out of your mind. This is an administration that needed help from the league front office to conduct day to day operations, an administration who's assembled the worst roster in the NHL the previous 3 seasons despite wanting to compete. An administration that has spent an entire drafts worth of picks and has yet to find a single top 4 defender. The teams assistant GM was behind one of the most incompetent fiascoes in professional sports history where he was saved from giving up his teams impending top 10 picks away for a guy the organization would lose on waivers. A guy that traded Tracy McGrady away for peanuts and recieved death threats from the Orlando fan base.

This is just par for the course for this administration.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
You do understand that Markstrom was 25 and played a ton of NHL games before that right?
Yes...(although looking at his stats, he must have been lit up on a consecutive basis)...I was just making a point that DiPietro is not going to be emotionally scarred from having a tough first NHL game.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

There you go. You're getting there.

At least realizing this was horribly bungled is the first step. Now you've just got to connect to (sic) dots and realize this management team has a habit of making these terrible blunders every season. Then you're onto the broader plot.

Last edited:

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Now you've just got to connect to dots

giphy.gif

Weisbro never would have made this mistake :sarcasm:

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008

This team is supposed to be challenging for a wild card spot and they end up getting ventilated 7-2 with their blue chip goalie prospect between the pipes.

Why is DePietro between the pipes?

Because either someone thought that this team's team defense was good enough to protect him from one of the top offensive teams in the league and decided not to address the lack of a back up tender situation. IE. delusional incompetence.

Because somebody thought somebody else would handle it. IE negligent incompetence

Because the fact that Marky might go down with injury didn't occur to anyone. IE incompetent incompetence

Or.

Because the Aquibros are playing around with their toys again. IE fanboi incompetence

Crisis averted?

This entire front office is one big effing crisis and "fans" like you enable this crap show.

Last edited:

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I do find it somewhat funny and ironic that these idiots are absolutely obsessed with "veteran" depth all over the forward lines, but refuse to acquire any depth on the blue line and in goal. That's not at all important because ... reasons.

Foundational Player

Benning the Incompetent
Mar 27, 2008
BC
Do you not think the team going out the very next day to get a goalie would suggest that they may have been slightly embarrassed? I think they didn't like the blow back they were getting and it became a whole league sees this issue that reared it's head by the kid getting fed to the Sharks.

Thank you for the response.

I remember Marky's 1st Canuck start too...he was 23, in his 4th year as a PRO in north america. Slightly different circumstances.

It was also Markstrom's 44th NHL start. He was also one of the highest ranked goaltending prospects not playing in the NHL at the time. DiPietro hasn't even played a game of professional hockey.

Other than both of them being goaltenders who play for the Canucks, there isn't much of a comparison to be made here.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
'rekt DiPietro'.?..oh,the drama..lol

Didn't you defend the idea of signing Beagle to shield the young players from being exposed defensively ?

Why does that same philosophy not apply for goaltenders? I guess because in this particular case it excuses the team of utter incompetence so you conveniently make an exception, right?

Does throwing a 19 y/o goalie who isn't even close to playing pro hockey into the deep end seem like a good development plan to you?

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
That was a nice deal for Maranzek. All you can do is laugh at the ridiculous luck they've had with the goalie's. It's fixed now though.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Has Benning handled the goaltending situation worse than Gillis? Has he done so twice now with the Miller saga and now the Demko saga?

I'll save the long rant and just say for all the media and fan hysteria at the Canucks never had an issue with goaltending under Gillis, never had one now till this current fiasco under Benning, and looking at it from today with the power of hindsight for two goalies that are no longer capable of keeping up in the NHL Gillis' goaltending moves have left us with Horvat and Markstrom who can probably play for us at a high level for another 10-12 and 3-5 years respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad