18/19 MGMT thread VIIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Miller*

Jan 13, 2017
Same thing happened with the Oilers in the Hall-RNH-Eberle days. Put a couple high profile kids on the ice and it's easy to trick the wider media who may not be paying attention to the smaller details of a team that this team is doing a great job and will be the next big thing. This 'perception' you talk about is being carried single handedly by Pettersson.
No comparison to a team assembled around first overalls. Benning management is envied around the league right now for a number of reasons. Drafting elite, game breaking talent outside of top 3 picks. Developing players like Markstrom and Horvat well. Creating a culture of compete, which other media markets frequently comment on: Vancouver always works hard.

This doesn’t happen over night, but rather goes back to Benning’s first few years, in which he never let the dressing room become toxic, as it did with other bottom feeders, through smart veteran acquisitions and retentions and eliminating bad seeds. Ability to find useful role players in Stecher, Beagle, Motte and Roussel, which have made Vancouver’s bottom-6 finally a major contributor to wins, rather than being invisible on a good day.

It’s funny. Benning has put together a squad using the “intangible” materials of culture, compete, and mentorship. Despite the claims that these intangibles don’t exist or don’t matter as much as asset management, Benning is starting to make them become very tangible. There are serious obstacles ahead, but many see the path slowly starting to become illuminated in the dark, dark night we were placed in after 2011.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
No comparison to a team assembled around first overalls. Benning management is envied around the league right now for a number of reasons. Drafting elite, game breaking talent outside of top 3 picks. Developing players like Markstrom and Horvat well. Creating a culture of compete, which other media markets frequently comment on: Vancouver always works hard.

This doesn’t happen over night, but rather goes back to Benning’s first few years, in which he never let the dressing room become toxic, as it did with other bottom feeders, through smart veteran acquisitions and retentions and eliminating bad seeds. Ability to find useful role players in Stecher, Beagle, Motte and Roussel, which have made Vancouver’s bottom-6 finally a major contributor to wins, rather than being invisible on a good day.

It’s funny. Benning has put together a squad using the “intangible” materials of culture, compete, and mentorship. Despite the claims that these intangibles don’t exist or don’t matter as much as asset management, Benning is starting to make them become very tangible. There are serious obstacles ahead, but many see the path slowly starting to become illuminated in the dark, dark night we were placed in after 2011.

Thank god Benning was so embarrassed after making his staff draft Juolevi that he grudgingly let them take a player he didn’t want in Pettersson. Also thank god Colorado took Manar.

Ryan Miller*

Jan 13, 2017
Thank god Benning was so embarrassed after making his staff draft Juolevi that he grudgingly let them take a player he didn’t want in Pettersson. Also thank god Colorado took Manar.
More conjecture and speculation and rumour-mongering. Getting a little tiresome to be honest. I’ve read you switch your positions on the responsibility of individual draft picks depending on how the player is looking enough to avoid getting down into this rhetorical sludge with you.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
People believe what they want to believe I guess.

I’d ask for sources but what’s the bother...

It’ll be funny one day when Jim Benning is finally fired and you never post here again but magically appear on another board of a team where Chiarelli gives him a job.

Again, care to disclose your relationship to Jim Benning and the organization so we can put your comments in context?

Tick, tock. You’re about to be banned again soon. Don’t leave us in suspense.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation

g1368548829261192068.jpg

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
It’ll be funny one day when Jim Benning is finally fired and you never post here again but magically appear on another board of a team where Chiarelli gives him a job.

Again, care to disclose your relationship to Jim Benning and the organization so we can put your comments in context?

Tick, tock. You’re about to be banned again soon. Don’t leave us in suspense.

:laugh: Yeah that last one of his...Felix the Cat? Or something? That one lasted a whole week. What's the over/under on this one? I'm saying ten days. And I'll take the under on that.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Only if you care to disclose your relationship with Brendan Gaunce.

I’ve never met him before in my life and have no familial connection to him neither have I ever worked with him in any capacity. I think he’s a useful cheap bottom-6 forward who is easily better than Tim Schaller and Markus Granlund. This is 100% factual and I’m happy to provide proof to moderators here.

Your turn, on both counts. All 25+ banned aliases, please.

Ryan Miller*

Jan 13, 2017
Honestly have zero clue what you are talking about LOL. No I don’t have a relationship with Jim Benning or aliases of any sort. This whole conversation is bizarro world, and dare I say, moving the goalposts.

I’ll just leave it with a quote from my favourite philosopher. Fredric Jameson: “Conspiracy is the poor person's cognitive mapping in the postmodern age.”

Reactions: clunk

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Honestly have zero clue what you are talking about LOL. No I don’t have a relationship with Jim Benning or aliases of any sort. This whole conversation is bizarro world, and dare I say, moving the goalposts.

I’ll just leave it with a quote from my favourite philosopher. Fredric Jameson: “Conspiracy is the poor person's cognitive mapping in the postmodern age.”

So, by ‘leaving it’ you’re not going to disclose the 25+ aliases you’ve previously been banned under here?

Like, you realize you coming to this board and pathetically trolling it with ridiculous posts and arguments and everyone laughing at you is actually embarrassing to Jim, right? In the same sort of way that Iraqi Information Minister guy was probably kinda embarrassing to Iraq?

Also, other Benning family members who were fanatically defending him on this board have outed themselves in the past, so that this is happening is proven fact, not a conspiracy.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Source? (Repeto ad infinitum)

Nobody wins arguments on here man. Every internet sphere, especially heavily moderated ones, become echo spheres very quickly. Credit to those who still try to generate original arguments and observations on here rather than just sway like a cork atop the like-driven wave.

Poster named coldsteel79 admitted to being Jim Benning’s cousin. Deleted the post but you can find posts quoting it with the search function that you’re so talented with.

Reactions: racerjoe and timw33

Ryan Miller*

Jan 13, 2017
Poster named coldsteel79 admitted to being Jim Benning’s cousin. Deleted the post but you can find posts quoting it with the search function that you’re so talented with.
So no sources again. Night.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I wonder what would happen with TDL coming up.

If Benning holds true to his words, we would maintain all of our current picks, which is good.

The Edler situation feels a bit uneasy. I totally understand Edler's insistence to stay and use his NMC, but I think instead of just accepting that and sign Edler straight away, I would at least make an attempt again to talk to Edler and his agent about it, something like "hey Alex we're definitely gonna re-sign you but, I know this has been brought up before, with the team's needs and build for future, and considering the current market need for a good defense man such as yourself, will you at least consider a rental trade? This will indeed help the team a great deal, and we are willing to bring you back in the summer if you want. How's that?"

I do hope that we could keep Goldobin.

In any case, I'm not expecting any of the bad contracts to go out. As long as we keep this TDL uneventful, I'll be OK with it.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Coldsteelbis openly Jim Benning’s cousin, I made a bet with him the Canucks wouldn’t make the playoffs last year, he was a solid dude ended up paying me over e-transfer.

I have PM’s with him work expose any of them because he’s a solid dude, but take my word on it.
Wasn't Jimson Hogarth supposed to be in Benning's family as well?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Coldsteelbis openly Jim Benning’s cousin, I made a bet with him the Canucks wouldn’t make the playoffs last year, he was a solid dude ended up paying me over e-transfer.

I have PM’s with him work expose any of them because he’s a solid dude, but take my word on it.

I remember that and I have no doubt he’s a nice guy. I think Jim Benning is probably a pretty nice guy from a nice family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad