18/19 MGMT thread VIIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Good job Benning.
DiPietro is going to have PTSD playing in this arena.

When are we going to get a competent GM?

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
On vacation in Mexico so not watching, just looked at stat line and my first thought is incompetent management. No pro goalies so they throw DiPietro to the wolves against a contending team and he gets hammered for 7 goals.

It is as bad as it looks guys?

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
On vacation in Mexico so not watching, just looked at stat line and my first thought is incompetent management. No pro goalies so they throw DiPietro to the wolves against a contending team and he gets hammered for 7 goals.

It is as bad as it looks guys?

Somehow it's worse than it looks. Easily one of the darkest moments of the Benning era.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
If people are still defending Benning then it's proof that literally he can do no wrong and they would defend him over anything.

If not, then they need to outline a scenario where they would not defend him. I can't even conceive of such a scenario.

What we witnessed tonight is basically the fruits of unprecedented levels of managerial incompetence.

Phenomenon13

Oct 10, 2011
If he can't find a 3rd string goalie, how can he find top 4 defense or top 6 forwards?
Loool he hasn't bought in a legit top four defender in his entire era.

Fortunately found some top six forwards in the draft. I'm actually surprised he hasn't found a third string goalie. Finding subpar talent was his calling card.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Loool he hasn't bought in a legit top four defender in his entire era.

Fortunately found some top six forwards in the draft. I'm actually surprised he hasn't found a third string goalie. Finding subpar talent was his calling card.

Are there any former top 5 overall goalie selections laying around? If so, you know Jimbo is coming calling

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Serious question: Is there any reason we couldn't just sign Michael Leighton? I haven't paid the least bit of attention to Utica this year but I believe he's been getting some games for them recently, no? Maybe I'm missing something obvious here but if it's doable, it's got to be better than throwing a 19 year old in against a top team.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Do you think the local media will actually hammer Benning for this totally unnecessary debacle?

Shills will keep on shilling. Didn't catch it but apparently iMac was doing his usual deflection away from blaming management in between periods.

There will still be a weird subset of posters who will continue believing in the master scout label until the next set of prospects hits pro and experience the vicious churn associated with the transition.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
How do you expect fans to have faith in your ability to build a championship team when you can't even find a f***ing 3rd string goalie in 5 weeks? Mind-boggling how these inept dumbasses keep failing to clear a bar that's nailed to the ground.

That game was a black mark on this organization, and heck it might continue. What happens if Markstrom still isn't good to go on the back to back? And the crazy part is they probably won't be held accountable by the media.

Can't wait to have competent people running the team again.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Would love to hear the takes from the 77.

How about the 12 lol

gQBYzsZ.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->