Post-Game Talk: #12 - 11/4/19 | senators @ RANGERS

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Am I missing something on Fox? Was he really that bad defensively? How? Was his skating exposed? Did he make bad reads? Was he unable to defend the front of the crease? Because I didn’t see anything that stood out. I missed parts of the game, though. Like 10-15 minutes of it.
They were mostly plays where he already had the puck. Turnovers, bad passes, holding onto the puck for too long.

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
anyone else think that Trouba should be back on PP1? It was weird to me that the criticism was that he shot too much. It's been two decades of different powerplays that never shoot, having a guy with a bomb who just fires was refreshing to me.

He isn't the most mobile, doesn't do a great job holding the puck in the zone. He missed every shot tonight wide, I'm fine with him on pp2, he is better served playing the slot and shooting then being being creative working with Kakko and Panerin.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Not sure what's going on with Skjei. Did Buch play tonight?

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Didn't get to watch the game... I'm guessing Staal's back in next game...

WTF happened? I'm debating if I should watch

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Didn't get to watch the game... I'm guessing Staal's back in next game...

WTF happened? I'm debating if I should watch
Some bad bounces, but it all began with an ill-advised fight that we won but somehow sparked the Sens.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
The officiating did suck. It sure looks like we get less leeway.
I really thought that would have stopped this year. I know the refs like to do their alpha thing to new coaches, especially ones with big contracts. But now it’s year two and they’re still sticking it to Quinn and Co. I don’t get it.

Reactions: NCRanger

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Tradeable: Skjei, Kreider, Buchnevich, Fast, Strome

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Re the Senators... always bad news getting into the muck with a team that’s got absolutely nothing to lose.
That said, if the refs won’t call the garbage, what can a team do? How many times did Senators players literally jump into hits? How many missed boardings, kneeings? It looked like the Charlestown Chiefs.

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002
Am I missing something on Fox? Was he really that bad defensively?

No. He made one silly dispy-doodle at the end of the game where he lost the puck and gave the Senators a prime scoring chance, but other than that, he was very good in his own end. I don't know where people find time-on-ice per period, but I'm certain Quinn played him more in the 3rd... seemed like he was out there every second shift for a while. In the end, he had the most time-on-ice of any defenseman, and offensively, he was making beautiful plays all night... the kind of plays nobody else on this d-corps can make. I assumed it would take him 40 games to earn his spot on the top power play, but now I doubt he'll be waiting that long. Kid's a star in the making.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Idk what the hell happened after Ottawa scored. Focus just completely evaporated. So many lazy plays. Too much east-west. They started using their PP breakout at even strength for ****'s sake, did anyone else notice that?

View attachment 273319

Yeah, we are a fragile team. This is how we played when Zibanejad was in the line-up in a way. Just too overly optimistic. We must settle down and be more patient.

Also, its one of those games were the opponent get two extremely timely PP goals.

Reactions: egelband

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
We do so well against the Red Wings and they were hammered last night...we might have another game in us like that one LOL. Somebody should just have grabbed Tkachuck and fed him even if it cost us the instigator. I would sit Kreider out...he has to wake up.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
We do so well against the Red Wings and they were hammered last night...we might have another game in us like that one LOL. Somebody should just have grabbed Tkachuck and fed him even if it cost us the instigator. I would sit Kreider out...he has to wake up.

There were people here who thought Brady Tkachuk was way overrated his draft year. They would have dropped him into the mid or later teens. He's a really really good player and he's an asshole--no doubt about it. He gets under skins and if you let him he'll take over the game. That's at least the second time in his short career he's done it against us. He's like a bigger and a lot more skilled version of Sean Avery and he can drive a team to distraction and then have the temerity to put up 2.3. 4 points.

dapowl

kaapo kakko.
Aug 22, 2017
Dresden
Please no Trouba back to PP one, him always shooting (mostly high and wide) is so annoying it happend like 5 times this game when i was wtf why its always so predictable.. Team leader with 37 shots lol

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
As long as Gorton finds a way to get Smith, Staal and Fast off the team b the deadline I'm good. Fast on the 4th line I love. However, it's obvious our dense coach thinks a rebuild is giving him 16 minutes a game while giving Andersson and Lemieux 10. :facepalm: I didn't like the Skjei contract the second they gave it to him. I hate giving young players long term contracts instead of bridge contracts when they aren't sure things. It's dumb. Hopefully, Rykov can come back and show a lot so Gorton can move Skjei.

Mr Clutch

Jan 21, 2014
Virginia
I'm not convinced Lias can skate in the nhl. Everyone is fast in this league and he never appears to have any legs or next gear. Imo he should be sent down when Zib comes back

Reactions: The S5

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
This team is so inconsistent. That’s not a sign of a well prepared team nor is it a mark of a team developing consistent work ethics. If you can’t get the foundations right the rest of this house they are building is bound to collapse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad