Post-Game Talk: #12 - 11/4/19 | senators @ RANGERS

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I guess if your expectations for this season are actually realistic this isn't totally demoralizing

Not to use it as an excuse, but we are missing our second best player. Hopefully the young guys take something away from this
Yes, what I said as well, (in regard to losing)

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
With the lack of depth at wing they better get somebody in return if they're trading him.
Pujijarvi. But wonder if they will trade him. I HATED his game last night, but in general he has been good. He is STILL growing himself. He will easily get 50-60 pts. Yes, right that down.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
We should have a 3 "stars" and ONE (1) GOAT. And I dont mean greatest of all time. Yes, who we thought had a really bad game. My vote would have been Buchnevich. Apparently he still hasnt learned NOT TO shoot it into someones feet. Ala Brady. You "have to", absolutely "have to" have better awareness not to do that. That shot had NO CHANCE of ever getting through and he should have dumped it into the corner like Micheletti suggested (very kindly I might add), I wouldnt have been so kind.
There is no GOAT in hockey, only TGO.

Whoot Whoot

Biased Rangers Fan
Feb 28, 2007
Los Angeles
Oh Well They played just the pregame show warned they might

If we take Detroit its still a solid 4 game stretch

I guess 18 comes back now

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Didn't get to watch the game... I'm guessing Staal's back in next game...

WTF happened? I'm debating if I should watch
You know its funny. Had we won, Staal probably wouldnt have played next game. Because if he played after winning 3 consec. and LOST, it would have looked really bad on Marc.
Now he can play........if we WIN, it will be because of him.

Hey, what do I know......I am just trying to be funny sarcastic. Or, sarcastic funny......whichever.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
The problem I had with the officiating last night wasn't the "inconsistency" or a few "missed calls". It was a situation where Ottawa was continually allowed liberties and worse while the game was called tightly against the Rangers.

I honestly thought Tkachuk tried to take out someone's knee along the boards in the third. It was an obvious attempt at a clip and nothing was called. There were countless other situations where Ranger players were being boarded and illegally hit.

Allowing a team to get "under another team's skin" used to result in line brawls. Today, any push back results in power plays for the aggressors. The officials let Ottawa back into the game and then controlled it. That's far WORSE than a few "missed calls".
i saw multiple knees, players launching into hits, and a player flop on georgiev and get rewarded with a power play, to boot. i admit i wasn't exactly on the hunt for ranger infractions, but i saw a ton of serious infractions by the ottawas get ignored. ...and i'm not concerned about hooks and holds. it's plays that can cause injury that must be called. if the ref has a beef with quinn he can let ottawa get away with some extra obstruction or other nonsense. but heads and knees need to be protected.

Reactions: NCRanger

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
This is interesting because you are referencing probably his weakest game so far.
You know, its funny. Because someone said something earlier that I AM 100% on board with. Fox had a very weird game. Some outstanding play, and more than one blunder. Very noticeable.
In general, in the past NOT NOTICING defenseman was a good thing.......if this is his worst......well then, we are in for quite the ride. I love his game. Everything we wanted Pionk to be. :sarcasm:
Btw, I voted for Lindgren and passed on Fox. Go figure.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
i saw multiple knees, players launching into hits, and a player flop on georgiev and get rewarded with a power play, to boot. i admit i wasn't exactly on the hunt for ranger infractions, but i saw a ton of serious infractions by the ottawas get ignored. ...and i'm not concerned about hooks and holds. it's plays that can cause injury that must be called. if the ref has a beef with quinn he can let ottawa get away with some extra obstruction or other nonsense. but heads and knees need to be protected.
Agree, but calling penaties doesnt mean its not going to happen. Didnt seem like anything was done on purpose. Okay, maybe one play when someone on Ottawa looked to cut out a Ranger along he boards, but that happens all the time on a quick about face in direction.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I think there are overreactions to Buchnevich and Skjei. It’s no secret that I love Buchnevich, and I’m so-so on Skjei (though I still do have some belief in him), but it’s one bad game. Why would we trade Buchnevich? He’s on a great contract and he’s done more good than bad this season. Skjei has been a little more bad than good this season, and his contract can either be rough or a steal, so I kind of get it. But still, it’s one game.

My biggest problem with Buch is that his upside isn't looking as high as we were told it would become. I don't think the Rangers need to move him, but he is no longer definitely a part of the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->