Post-Game Talk: #12 - 11/4/19 | senators @ RANGERS

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Sucks to lose to such a bad team but good to see Kakko gave a big game, I suspect that’ll pay dividends going forward.

Maybe a little too confident after beating some good teams, plus the Sens got under their skin (something this team will need to figure out how to deal with).

Panarin is just so good it’s nuts.

Fox was great offensively but not so good in his own zone.

Could have used Mika tonight.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I’m done defending Skjei. He just looks so clueless out there sometimes. Almost seems like he doesn’t care but sad part is he does he just seems to have no IQ.
It’s like him and Smith sold their hockey souls in the 2017 playoffs

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I’m done defending Skjei. He just looks so clueless out there sometimes. Almost seems like he doesn’t care but sad part is he does he just seems to have no IQ.
It’s like him and Smith sold their hockey souls in the 2017 playoffs
I don't know how Skjei ties his own skates. Dude was blasting pucks at shins seemingly all night.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
anyone else think that Trouba should be back on PP1? It was weird to me that the criticism was that he shot too much. It's been two decades of different powerplays that never shoot, having a guy with a bomb who just fires was refreshing to me.
At the very least forces the opponent to play the point high and open up passing lanes between the point and the circles. Hard to cheat toward Artemi AND Trouba. Just ask Washington: JC and OV with the bombs from the point and the left circle.

Reactions: akmuo33

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Fox was amazing and horrendous at the same time.

That's what you call growing pains. His mistakes were beer league bad...and he made some unreal plays as well. Kinda a weird game all around.
This. Reminiscent of earlier games in the season where individual players were trying to do too much.

anyone else think that Trouba should be back on PP1? It was weird to me that the criticism was that he shot too much. It's been two decades of different powerplays that never shoot, having a guy with a bomb who just fires was refreshing to me.
Yes.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Ottawa would have preferred to lose that game so, it is what it is
upload_2019-11-4_22-44-55.png

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
not sure if he changed anything, although we know him and howden have been working on faceoffs...and obviously small sample size but the last 3 games lias is 16-6 (73%) on draws which is a massive improvement from before...well its probably premature to call it an improvement but still a positive trend.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Doubt Buch is here next season.
I’m very down on him this season. Was really hoping that he would’ve picked up where he left off.
I think he’s the biggest disappointment thus far. Kreider yeah and Kravtsov going back also... but Buch is #1 IMO

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I think there are overreactions to Buchnevich and Skjei. It’s no secret that I love Buchnevich, and I’m so-so on Skjei (though I still do have some belief in him), but it’s one bad game. Why would we trade Buchnevich? He’s on a great contract and he’s done more good than bad this season. Skjei has been a little more bad than good this season, and his contract can either be rough or a steal, so I kind of get it. But still, it’s one game.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Am I missing something on Fox? Was he really that bad defensively? How? Was his skating exposed? Did he make bad reads? Was he unable to defend the front of the crease? Because I didn’t see anything that stood out. I missed parts of the game, though. Like 10-15 minutes of it.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Only got to watch the first, must have caught the best part of the game I guess. I felt this game was gonna be a trap game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad