Post-Game Talk: #12 - 11/4/19 | senators @ RANGERS

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
5-2 down going into the 3rd, against the Senators, is a winneable situation. It's also the kind of situation where you cut the bench, specifically your 4th line of Micheal Haley and Brendan Smith. We did not.
Is Quinn just dumb or are they not particularly concerned about winning games? Legit Question
I mean it's theoretically possible, sure.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
5-2 down going into the 3rd, against the Senators, is a winneable situation. It's also the kind of situation where you cut the bench, specifically your 4th line of Micheal Haley and Brendan Smith. We did not.
Is Quinn just dumb or are they not particularly concerned about winning games? Legit Question
I legitimately think they're not concerned about winning games.

Reactions: zephyr and egelband

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I legitimately think they're not concerned about winning games.
Brendan Smith only played 5v5 5:25 tonight. The penalties and Howden going to the lockerroom screwed up the lines.

upload_2019-11-4_22-21-43.png

Reactions: haveandare

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Just hope for some good on nights like tonight.

I didn’t want Panarin here, but he’s stupid good. Better than our last superstar wingers in Gaborik and Nash. Hated the signing but absolutely loving the player. Panarin is truly exceptional. Crow is tasting great right now.

Kakko is getting confident, and with that confidence comes production. There’s so much potential in him. Instead of trying to break his dmens ankles with his predictable stop n goes, he’s already smart enough to realize he has to throw a fake or two before attempting his reversal in order for it to work at this level. I saw that a few times tonight.

That’s what seperates a good prospect like Chytil versus a great prospect like Kakko. They’re both physically gifted athletes oozing with potential. But Kakko’s making adjustments at an earlier level. Effective changes.

Georgiev has been fabulous — but I still don’t consider him a “better” goalie than Hank just yet. 50 games isn’t a legit sample size over 2+ years. Hank should have gotten the start tonight... Not sure it would have made a difference though.

Staal will probably be in for Hajek or Lindgren next game. Meh.

Oh.. And Fox... Rough night defensively..

But I ****ing love this kid. His IQ is, like, a Billion. Just try and imagine him in 2-3 more seasons... He’ll get better defensively.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Quinn presser confirming pretty much what I theorized. They got under the Rangers' skin and got them unfocused, and they also turned it up a gear or two.

Yeah. Clear as day, we're not ready yet to play a game like that. The reffing was also pretty garbage-y... I thought a lot of questionable calls against us early also had its place in blowing up our initial game plan.

This was a young team L for sure.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
Brendan Smith only played 5v5 5:25 tonight. The penalties and Howden going to the lockerroom screwed up the lines.

View attachment 273315
I don't mean it in a they're not trying way. I just think that this is legitimately a development year, so they'll play the kids the amount they're comfortable with, and they'll keep on telling Panarin to force that cross ice pass to Kakko on the PP. I don't think it's a bad thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad