GDT: #12 - 02/10/21 | bruins @ RANGERS | 7:00 - NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
Ah the classic we lost so blame Quinn schtick.

How dare Quinn not finish on that breakway.
How dare Quinn not finish on the back door.
How dare Quinn not finish an empty net.
How dare Quinn fall in the corner and lose his man.

I criticize Quinn even when we win because he is an overwhelmed coach in that situation as well. I am not sure he has a plan A. But I know he has no plan B or C. He can never adjust.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Shooting is never an awful decision. The wrong decision? Sure, sometimes. Never an awful decision.

Sure it is. Shooting is the lazy decision and why analysts always scream for it. If you take a shot and the goalie makes the save you never get criticized even if it is a low probability shot. If you make a pass and it doesn't work you always get yelled out to shoot.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
People blaming Geo for not stopping a breakaway against Marchand is LOL. Blame Buch for the stupid fing pass that started the whole thing.
New HFRangers logic, in a 1-on-1 situation, it's not the goalies fault that he didn't make a save.

Can't make this shit up...

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Happy Gauthier got his first. Still think he should be playing up higher in the lineup. The kid knows his way around the net and isn’t shy about shooting
He gets better A LOT better defensively, he'll play. See Kakko, Kaapo and the 19+ minutes he got tonight.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Buchnevich making that pass was obviously the correct play...by a lot. McAvoy just made a great play and Mika came in too deep. Buch shooting would have been an awful decision.

In 5v5, it would be right for sure.

3v3, he never needed to take a low percentage shot or try a low percentage pass; just should have held onto the puck and seen what they could create in the Bruins zone.

Reactions: Peltz

Circus86

Sep 12, 2020
Um did you not see all the great saves Rask made? But the offense was bad because Rask played a great game? The offense was fine. They got a lot of shots and a lot of good shots. Rask was great.

Everytime the other goalie plays a great game somehow. I think it's time to look at the quality of shots we are producing.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Even aside from the goals, Georgiev was shitting his pants half the time the Bruins had chances. Especially noticeable in the 3rd period.

He’s the backup. He should be getting 25% of the games, not 45%. This organization has seriously overrated this kid at every step. He’s never going to be more than AT BEST a solid platoon 1B type. Maybe. And my money would be more leaning towards good backup than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad