GDT: #12 - 02/10/21 | bruins @ RANGERS | 7:00 - NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I don't think it was that low percentage of a pass. If you're going to argue he telegraphed that's a different argument. That's poor execution on his part. I have no problem with that statement. McAvoy made a great play to knock it out of the air and then control and then make a good pass up ice.

Yeah, I guess it's a bit of both. With proper execution, it should be a pass that gets through often enough. With Buch's execution, I don't even think I'd go as far as to say that McAvoy did anything that out of the ordinary.

But I still don't like him trying it there. It's a breakaway against if it fails and a shot from the faceoff dot if it works. We see it so much 3v3 that teams focus mostly on maintaining control of the puck and cycling vs. getting into track meets; it works.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Honestly, losing Panarin might not be the worst thing in the world right now. Sure he’s scoring a lot of points, but he’s turning the puck over a lot and directly creating chances/goals against. Maybe he’s had a lingering issue that finally snapped tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->