GDT: #12 - 02/10/21 | bruins @ RANGERS | 7:00 - NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Starting to think our forwards just all suck and our system is too offensively uptight.
Has to be more of the latter. Also we need a lunch pail kind of guy on each line right now but that won't happen because Howden will stay in lineup when Blackwell is ready.

Reactions: Tob

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
Team stops bleeding goals.
Scoring is a problem now. Not because they are trying to be too passive or defensive, but because they refuse to simplify their offensive game. 4th line keeps scoring goals just throwing pucks at the net and picking up garbage. Buch, Kreider, Ziba will keep rotating behind the net hoping the other team falls asleep. 2 forced passes by our skill players end up in our net. The other our defender acts like a beer leaguer in the corner...yup Quinn's fault.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Game 2 he had 2 and then only 1 EN since. He's another one that needs to get his head out of his ass.

Lot's of players who need to now that I'm thinking about it. Wonder if that could be a COUGH COACHING ISSUE COUGH

no you see its not actually Quinn out there on the ice so he's not to blame for anything. its simple logic.

Reactions: TheBloodyNine

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
In 5v5, it would be right for sure.

3v3, he never needed to take a low percentage shot or try a low percentage pass; just should have held onto the puck and seen what they could create in the Bruins zone.

I don't think it was that low percentage of a pass. If you're going to argue he telegraphed that's a different argument. That's poor execution on his part. I have no problem with that statement. McAvoy made a great play to knock it out of the air and then control and then make a good pass up ice.

DuneGoon84

Jun 21, 2019
I actually think from what I’m seeing it might be an opportunity for lafreniere to wake up
Let's not kid ourselves. I hope laf starts scoring but this team IS panarin. He goes down we go down with him. Who is gonna manufacture the same type of offense? Oh boy

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
I actually think from what I’m seeing it might be an opportunity for lafreniere to wake up

I'm not holding my breath. 1 point on the season.

If he actually lived up to the hype, and if our young talent like Lafreniere and Kakko could start producing, it wouldn't be such an issue if Panarin missed a couple of weeks.

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
Team stops bleeding goals.
Scoring is a problem now. Not because they are trying to be too passive or defensive, but because they refuse to simplify their offensive game. 4th line keeps scoring goals just throwing pucks at the net and picking up garbage. Buch, Kreider, Ziba will keep rotating behind the net hoping the other team falls asleep. 2 forced passes by our skill players end up in our net. The other our defender acts like a beer leaguer in the corner...yup Quinn's fault.

So having a talented forward group that cant score isnt Quinn's fault. Having an abysmal PP isnt his fault? Never being ready to play after days off isnt his fault? What is his role then?

Reactions: Kovalev27

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Even aside from the goals, Georgiev was shitting his pants half the time the Bruins had chances. Especially noticeable in the 3rd period.

He’s the backup. He should be getting 25% of the games, not 45%. This organization has seriously overrated this kid at every step. He’s never going to be more than AT BEST a solid platoon 1B type. Maybe. And my money would be more leaning towards good backup than anything else.

He used to have these crazy games that he stole, he doesn't have that this year. Had the one good game against the Islanders where he didn't have to break a sweat. With the benefit of hindsight, wish he got the Islanders start and Shesty got today's start if Quinn wanted to start him one of these games.

Reactions: Tob

archanfelnsx

Feb 25, 2018
Looks like Panarin with a hamstring injury. Just hold him out for a game or two if he isn’t 100%. OT goal was all on Zibanejad, he needs to know where his guy is. Once Bergeron made that outlet pass to the rat I knew the game was over even before the puck got to his stick. Georgiev did not make one big save all game and didn’t expect one there.

Georgiev is exactly what he is, a backup goalie in the NHL or a starter in the AHL. At least Igor has gotten better as the season has progressed while Georgiev is only good to play against the Piles.

NYR3

Feb 8, 2021
I just don't think this team is good enough and i can live with that but why the f*** do we have Kreider, Trouba, Panarin on long term contracts? I rather lose with a bunch of scrubs

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Sure it is. Shooting is the lazy decision and why analysts always scream for it. If you take a shot and the goalie makes the save you never get criticized even if it is a low probability shot. If you make a pass and it doesn't work you always get yelled out to shoot.
And rightly so. Any shot can go into the net. While passing is often the better play, it is always the riskier play. Again, it can be the wrong decision to shoot vice pass, but it’s never an objectively bad decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad