vs
BOS: 8-1-2_____________NYR: 4-5-2

TIME | 7:00 PM ET
VENUE | MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - NYC, NY
TV | NBCSN

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; BOS@NYR 02/16/20
NY POST - DAILYFACEOFF.com - NHL.com - RANGERS.com - BRUINS.com

FEBRUARY SCHEDULEhttps://www.nhl.com/rangers/schedule/2021-02-01/ET?icmp=int_web_nyr_schedule_lp_subnavhttps://www.nhl.com/rangers/schedule/2021-02-01/ET?icmp=int_web_nyr_schedule_lp_subnav // AROUND THE LEAGUEhttps://www.nhl.com/scoreshttps://www.nhl.com/scores

QUOTES TO NOTE:

I think any player would be. So yeah, it is frustrating, but I’m trying to work through it.
I mean, I thought we created a little bit more today as a line and you just got to keep doing that.
And the more chances you get, you have to get on the score sheet and help the team win.
- Mika Zibanejad

I don’t want to elaborate on what happened.
I just want to keep it in the past tense. Emotions happened, and that’s all I can say.
I wish Tony the best moving forward and I’m going to focus on my game.
- Alex Georgiev

It’s all based on how they play right now.
Obviously, with what happened in the last 10 days and Shesty kind of playing well, it kind of did alter the plan a little bit.
We'll see how it goes game-to-game right now. As I said, when we decided to alternate, I didn't know how long it was going to happen.
I didn’t anticipate it to be only for two games, but some things happen unexpectedly, and you can kind of adapt to it.
- David Quinn

___________________________________​

18 Pts
DIV: 1st | CONF: x | LEAGUE: 3rd
TEAM STATS | PLAYER STATS

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
MARCHAND (A) | BERGERON (C) | PASTRNAK
RITCHIE | KREJCI (A) | SMITH
DEBRUSK | COYLE | BJORK
FREDERIC | KURALY | WAGNER

LD | RD
LAUZON | MCAVOY
GRZELCYK | CARLO
ZBORIL | MILLER

Scratched:
MOORE

STARTING GOALIE:

Rask-Tuukka2_1.png

Tuukka RASK
GPI: 7 | W: 5 | L: 1 | OT: 1 | PIM: 0
SV% .898 | GAA: 2.36 | SA: 167 | GA: 17 | SO: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Ondrej Kase - Upper body (Out)
Jack Studnicka - Undisclosed (Out)

10 Pts
DIV: 8th | CONF: x | LEAGUE: 26th
TEAM STATS | PLAYER STATS

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
KREIDER (A) | ZIBANEJAD (A) | BUCHNEVICH
PANARIN (A) | STROME | KAKKO
LAFRENIERE | HOWDEN | DI GIUSEPPE
LEMIEUX | ROONEY | GAUTHIER

LD | RD

LINDGREN | FOX
MILLER | TROUBA (A)
HAJEK | BITETTO

Scratched:
BRODZINSKI
SMITH

STARTING GOALIE:

Georgiev-Alexandar_2018_.png

Alex GEORGIEV
GPI: 4 | W: 1 | L: 2 | OT: 1 | PIM: 0
SV% 0.886 | GAA: 3.27 | SA: 105 | GA: 12 | SO: 1

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Colin Blackwell - Upper body (DTD)
Jack Johnson - Groin (DTD)
Filip Chytil - Upper body (Out)

zibapfffffft.gif

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
Oh look, another NBCSN game where my nhl.tv subscription is useless. So much for paying for a DVR capability that I really need to fit my schedule nowadays.

Are you completely cable free? At least NBC let's you watch from their site and app if you have a cable provider.

I dont understand why NHL isnt the same as MLB tv unless it's a contractual thing. MLB.tv you can use the home/away broadcast radio audio over the national broadcast. Great for avoiding the crappy espn crew.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Great job Quinn handicapping this team with Georgiev, what a f***ing moron.
Shesty had a good game but honestly he was on his knees early too often. Lack of confidence imo. He was on his knees early for the great play by Miller which would have been an easy tap in, and I think on one of the goals as well. He goes down early and they quickly pass it off or rip it top shelf. Too many bar n out for my comfort level. The team is playing better D, let's see how Georgiev plays behind it.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Shesty had a good game but honestly he was on his knees early too often. Lack of confidence imo. He was on his knees early for the great play by Miller which would have been an easy tap in, and I think on one of the goals as well. He goes down early and they quickly pass it off or rip it top shelf. Too many bar n out for my comfort level. The team is playing better D, let's see how Georgiev plays behind it.

Shesty wasn't perfect but he's been getting in a groove. Georgiev has been trash this season other than the Islanders game where the Rangers gave up nothing. Maybe he needed a game but I wish they'd just ride Shesterkin.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Like Maximus said, and I go by his theory as well. We have much better efforts vs "better teams", in fear of being embarrassed. Early on Boston wasnt looking great, but got it together over last 8 games, especially against Philly. Their front net extra effort/greasy goals are what they DO, and what the Rangers NEED to do better.
Logic says we get stomped, but withstanding great games by Gary Doak,
Jean Ratelle and
Joe Zanussi (see what I did there?) We win 4-3 in O.T.

Reactions: haveandare
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad