Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
In 5v5, it would be right for sure.

3v3, he never needed to take a low percentage shot or try a low percentage pass; just should have held onto the puck and seen what they could create in the Bruins zone.

So he shouldn't have tried to score there just in case they go the other way?

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
Looks like Panarin with a hamstring injury. Just hold him out for a game or two if he isn’t 100%. OT goal was all on Zibanejad, he needs to know where his guy is. Once Bergeron made that outlet pass to the rat I knew the game was over even before the puck got to his stick. Georgiev did not make one big save all game and didn’t expect one there.
I knew the game was over when Buch told the world he was passing by telegraphing it for 4 seconds.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
I just don't think this team is good enough and i can live with that but why the f*** do we have Kreider, Trouba, Panarin on long term contracts? I rather lose with a bunch of scrubs
They are running cold. Last year Mika and Panarin ran hot and the goaltending held for a few months. The reality is generally somewhere in the middle.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Anyone blaming Georgiev for the loss is delusional. Outcome is no different with Shesterkin in net.

He didn't let up a bad goal. He faced a top-5 team in the NHL, and let up a OT, clean cut breakaway against one of the top 10 best offensive forwards in the league.

Georgiev has been responsible for losing the team games this season, this is not one of them.

rdhstlr23

Feb 21, 2013
Even aside from the goals, Georgiev was shitting his pants half the time the Bruins had chances. Especially noticeable in the 3rd period.

He’s the backup. He should be getting 25% of the games, not 45%. This organization has seriously overrated this kid at every step. He’s never going to be more than AT BEST a solid platoon 1B type. Maybe. And my money would be more leaning towards good backup than anything else.

The worst part is Georgiev has lost so much trade value.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
Completly outclassed after the first so we did a good job hanging around to get 1 point.
Kakko was the best forward, the 4th line was excellent, all the D were good, especially Fox. Trouba had a good game but he makes 1 absolutely terrible play per game, and more often than not the puck ends up in our net because of it. Kreider had some good moments.
Our big names/top players just aren't getting it done on the scoreboard. 2 goals in the last 6 periods
Yes, if you’re looking for positives, the defense pairs seem to be more stable with each passing game. Miller seams so mature and calm out there. When watching him at Wisconsin, I thought he was a long ways off.
Good job gordie.

NYR3

Feb 8, 2021
Let's not kid ourselves. I hope laf starts scoring but this team IS panarin. He goes down we go down with him. Who is gonna manufacture the same type of offense? Oh boy
Does it matter? Maybe they will be smart and trade a few more players at the deadline if they keep losing. Strome, Kreider, Trouba, they can all go as far as i'm concerned. We lose with them and we can lose without them. Get some more 22-24 year olds on this team fighting for a second deal.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Our 2 K's 24 and 79 progressing beautifully..once 72 comes back along with 13 and 23 we have the new core

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Rask was good.

The 3 against Geo, 2 breakaways and a guy walking out of the corner alone.

All the same rather than dwell on that, I thought the Bruins would win this one way easier. I think there was a lot of good stuff from the Rangers in this one. Besides Panarin being hurt, and Trouba... The Rangers played really well. Kakko early in the game, Laf past the 1st, Fox, Miller, Rooney, Bitetto standing up, Lindgren, etc. The forwards coming back and picking up the right players. Fox.

Rask Lundqvisted the Rangers tonight more so than the Rangers were not good.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Nice showcase game for Gauthier. Gauthier + DeAngelo with $1M retained for Virtanen and Gaudette

NYR3

Feb 8, 2021
Obviously 2 points would have been great but team played well against one of the top teams in the league.
And that's what we've been reduced to. Losers thay play well against good teams. This team has a lot of work to do and i don't mean on the ice. This organization is getting a little too comfortable with being bad

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Anyone blaming Georgiev for the loss is delusional. Outcome is no different with Shesterkin in net.

He didn't let up a bad goal. He faced a top-5 team in the NHL, and let up a OT, clean cut breakaway against one of the top 10 best offensive forwards in the league.

Georgiev has been responsible for losing the team games this season, this is not one of them.

This.

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008

Goaltending was definitely good enough in the last 2 to win both.

Reactions: Tob

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Buchnevich making that pass was obviously the correct play...by a lot. McAvoy just made a great play and Mika came in too deep. Buch shooting would have been an awful decision.
Disagree.

Buch got a good shot and everyone expected the pass. The pass was riskier...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->