GDT: 11/25: Boston Bruins vs. Pittsburgh Penguins 7pm ET RDS, NESN(HD), 98.5 FM

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Meanwhile, Tuukka channels "Office Space."

Joe McDonald ‏@ESPNJoeyMac 5m

Priceless.
At least he didn't swear again.

Glad he's honest a/b it. Had B's collectively put out for 60 mins, they blow them out of the building. And, Tuukka doesn't see nearly that amount of rubber, or quality scoring chances.

We're also down Sieds and Quaider. Those two being out saved the Pens a lot pain down low.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Well Crosby scored a goal to us and lost his man on the Krug goal so even the best player in the world can screw up.

Maybe we should be a little less critical of Kelly.

Louie, Rask and Neal IMO were the stars of this game with yeti a very close #4.

Chia has to be loving what he saw from his Swedes tonight.

Cindy, in his post-game interview, again says that the Pens outplayed the B's. You would have thought after the PO's last year that Crosby would have learned his lesson. If he just kept his mouth shut or commented on his own team, he would be a lot more likable.

2ka RasK*

Marchand Bergeron Eriksson was the best line tonight obviously. Even when they don't produce #s they always seem to sustain an offensive attack in the o zone. And as always excellent defensive pressure and attack.

It's great to have 4 good lines to roll. When one doesn't produce #s you can usually count on one of the other lines to heat up.

KIL to start the season. Third line was next to step up and has been pretty consistent. Merlot recently and today MBE

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Krejci line looked awful tonight (yes I know that line was out for Chara's/Crosby's goal) but their timing was off and Looch just looked disinterested).

Looch wasn't the guy that looked disinterested to me. But I agree, 1st line was anything but tonight.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Cindy, in his post-game interview, again says that the Pens outplayed the B's. You would have thought after the PO's last year that Crosby would have learned his lesson. If he just kept his mouth shut or commented on his own team, he would be a lot more likable.

I agree.

Chara needs to punch him again.

They did outplay the B's for the most part. But not the part where Krug torched Cindy and then Chompers w/ the laser.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

**** em he is a grade A ******

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Like I said, I wasn't singling you out, but there were a lot of posters using the lack of points as justification for criticizing Loui. I thought Bergeron was as good as LE tonight and that line was better than LKI. I don't base my opinions on points, but tonight 21 got his points because he played well.

If you look at that PP goal, it was a perfectly executed goal by all 5 players on the ice (Hamilton to Bergeron to Eriksson to Soderberg to Smith to the back of the net). If Bergeron and Eriksson's spots are switched there, did Bergeron all of a sudden not struggle tonight? Both were key factors in helping to produce that goal.

Most people here watch these games religiously and can tell how well people are playing with the eye test, so I just don't get the infatuation with points. It's one thing if a player is consistently shanking opportunities, but Bergeron not putting up points tonight (and many other nights) should in no way be viewed as a detriment to how people perceive how he's playing.

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site

This Cindy stuff is unnecessary.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Looch wasn't the guy that looked disinterested to me. But I agree, 1st line was anything but tonight.

Krejci got his jock dragged all over the dot tonight.

Not exactly surprising considering who he went against. We like to rag on Sidney here but like it or not, the dude has insane skill. If they struggle with getting possession off the dot, they're gonna look like they're playing from behind most of the shift.

I thought Lucic started off the first in a full float, but worked his way back in midway through the second. Krejci though...looks to be taking his requisite time off in the regular season, for whatever reason.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I agree.

They did outplay the B's for the most part. But not the part where Krug torched Cindy and then Chompers w/ the laser.

IMO, it doesn't really matter if your team outplays the other, if they get the W. If you are the C of the losing team, you can say complimentary things about your own team in a way that doesn't make you sound like you are whining.

Crosby has not mastered that skill yet.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I agree.

There are ways to praise your teammates and not sound like a whiney jerk while doing so. I thought Sid was a bit more media savvy than that.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Like to hear some opinions.

At this rate, what do you have to pay Soderberg, Krug and Smith for their next contracts?

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia

Yeah, well let him keep thinking it. Him underestimating the Bruins has been working out pretty good for us. Always made me laugh during the playoffs that he just couldn't say the Bruins ever outplayed them, or that Rask was playing too good. Not having enough respect for your opponent will often come and bite you in the a**.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Krejci got his jock dragged all over the dot tonight.

Not exactly surprising considering who he went against. We like to rag on Sidney here but like it or not, the dude has insane skill. If they struggle with getting possession off the dot, they're gonna look like they're playing from behind most of the shift.

I thought Lucic started off the first in a full float, but worked his way back in midway through the second. Krejci though...looks to be taking his requisite time off in the regular season, for whatever reason.

Other than that little OT GWG the other day.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
But you know a humble player would say "I thought we controlled the game but I lost my man in the OT" or similar.

In this game the Pens did outplay the Bruins but the Bruins still won-maybe giving a nod to Tuukka or Krug on the game winner would have been the humble move.

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Thanks, Mommy.

Isn't that what you referred to another poster as during a discussion in the Eriksson-Seguin thread? Here's an idea, why don't you apply some of your rules about manners to yourself as well as others?

K, thanks.

Where did I say this ?
Hey, bet ya can't find it.

K, thanks.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Like to hear some opinions.

At this rate, what do you have to pay Soderberg, Krug and Smith for their next contracts?

Too early to be thinking about this yet IMO. As big a fan as I am of Yeti's, I would like him to maintain this level of play for at least a season before backing up the Brinks truck. Same for Smith and Krug.

I want that...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad