GDT: 11/25: Boston Bruins vs. Pittsburgh Penguins 7pm ET RDS, NESN(HD), 98.5 FM

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Carl Soderberg and Reilly Smith both say hello and mention how much they would like a Kia Sorrento :laugh:

1) B's fans saw what Krug was capable of in the PO's last year, so while it is a surprise to many that he has been able to maintain that level of play, we knew he was talented enough.

2) Soderberg has been a revelation. Based on what he showed last year when he came over, I can't imagine that anyone thought he would be this good, this quickly.

3) Smith, too most, was one of the "throw ins" with Loui in the Segs deal. Even worse, there were a lot of people at the time of the trade that had him listed as third amongst the prospects. He has shown that he can play Top 9 on a good team in the NHL and some now think he was the best player we got (I'm not one of those).

Any of those three would be worthy winners right now, but lots of hockey left. If I was biting today, I would probably go with Smith.

On the surface, I totally thought Smith was the least likely of the 3 to fit in. Fraser looked like a good fit with his size and North/South game, and Morrow was the most highly touted of the 3. Not that I thought he would be a bum, but certainly didn't expect him to be such a solid contributor this quickly. :nod:

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Rask saved their bacon again last night. The top-2 lines haven't been doing much 5 on 5. Still wouldn't be opposed to a shakeup. Despite the overall success, a number of individuals have been struggling recently.

The win looks great on paper, but they got outplayed and blew a two goal lead. Flow reminded me of the NYR game last week.

theswede2013

Feb 26, 2013
I missed the game lastnight. I noticed that Kelly and Soderberg were on the ice for goals with Loui. Were they line mates lastnight?

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
Always nice to beat those whiny Penguins. Loved it when Crosby forgot to watch his man Krug lol.

Boychuk is one tough dude. Got boarded by Dupuis as he was shooting the puck in in the 3rd period. Went straight to the bench, thought he was gonna be out, but he came back next shift. Dirty play by Pascal running a vulnerable player 2 ft from the boards. Also loved Boychuk's spinorama at the blue line.

Poor Chara, his size makes him enemy #1 in all eyes. D'agostini runs him behind the net, bounces off of him to the ice, gets up and wacks Chara from behind as if it was Chara's fault lol. Lot of players have a "little man" complex when playing against Chara. Reminds me of "Of Mice and Men" novella.

I just wish Lucic would go with Neal one of htese days, can't stand that guy.

Rask awesome.
Soderberg looks legit, just as Smith does. Soderberg & Eriksson looked good together.
Krug & Marchand looked great on that OT goal.
And I love Krejci.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Always nice to beat those whiny Penguins. Loved it when Crosby forgot to watch his man Krug lol.

Boychuk is one tough dude. Got boarded by Dupuis as he was shooting the puck in in the 3rd period. Went straight to the bench, thought he was gonna be out, but he came back next shift. Dirty play by Pascal running a vulnerable player 2 ft from the boards. Also loved Boychuk's spinorama at the blue line.

Poor Chara, his size makes him enemy #1 in all eyes. D'agostini runs him behind the net, bounces off of him to the ice, gets up and wacks Chara from behind as if it was Chara's fault lol. Lot of players have a "little man" complex when playing against Chara. Reminds me of "Of Mice and Men" novella.

I just wish Lucic would go with Neal one of htese days, can't stand that guy.

Rask awesome.
Soderberg looks legit, just as Smith does. Soderberg & Eriksson looked good together.
Krug & Marchand looked great on that OT goal.
And I love Krejci.

Neal wont go with Looch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad