GDT: 11/25: Boston Bruins vs. Pittsburgh Penguins 7pm ET RDS, NESN(HD), 98.5 FM

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Bartkowski was day dreaming on the first goal. I wouldn't ship away Johnny Rocket so soon because we have some new shiny toys.

Same with Adam.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Krug is definitely what this team has been missing. Ference, McQuaid or Boychuk on that left side would have stayed planted at the line.

The constant movement from Krug opens up so many possibilities.

Being able to blow slapshots past the ears of goalies like Lundqvist is kind of nice, too.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Campbell has skated well the last couple of games,I think he will turn the corner soon.

I think it's been hard for him to get going because his off season training was limited. He will be fine. Pie is looking better and Thornton is doing okay but I do think his days are numbered-he's getting old and his role takes it out of you quicker than other position/roles.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Boychuk is proven though - I know what he brings to the table. Bart was responsible for a couple of breakaways in the last two games... Boychuk was directly responsible for the 2nd Neal goal. I guess I am torn.

Great game by Soderberg, Rask and Eriksson. Nice to see two pieces of the Seguin deal get on the board.

Boychuk was on the ice for the play you are referring to the other day. It was a lack of communication on both his and Bart's part that allowed the player tom come
across the blue line uncovered.

Obviously, it's subjective, but I thought Boychuk, while good in the PO's last year was exremely pedestrian last regular season and so far this year. He plays with Chara a fair amount, which erases a lot of warts. With Sides in the fold, I think the B's will not re-sign JB and may move him in the off season.

I'm starting to think that Soderberg and Smith were separated at birth?

Rarl Sodersmith?

Cally Smithberg?

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Wanted to die when they tied it with a couple seconds left.
Glad they put themselves back together and quickly got the win.
What a great game by Eriksson and Rask. Soderberg continues to impress me more each game. Him and his contract are an absolute steal.
This team is not without its problems but is built so strong. Watching some of these newer players get more comfortable and really start rockin' is pretty exciting. This team has such potential, it's unreal.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Because of points? Tonight Bergeron was as much of a factor as Eriksson was on the two goals he got assists on. I don't see Bergeron as struggling at all. Marchand is still fighting it a bit but looked better tonight.

I'm not trying to single you out, but why is it when Eriksson would have a solid game, but not get on the board, his detractors would try to say he wasn't playing well..but when he does play well AND puts up points, we are told that other players (in this case Bergy) are more/just as responsible for the success of the line??

Not sure I understand this?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Are you talking about the first goal? Because Bart was playing his position fine, as was Boychuk, who had Malkin on the half wall. Kelly was with Neal and just let him go right to the slot.

No, I was referring to previous games where Bart and Boychuk were both in the ice, but the goal may have come on Bart's side. Some assume he was at fault instead of actually following the play and where the guy came from.

I have not liked Boychuk's game much this year. In tonight's game he coughed up the puck on Neal's GTG, but worse was his slow decision-making on several other plays that led to the puck not leaving the B's zone and additional chances for the Pens when the puck should have been long gone from the zone.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Pens have some pretty talented players. Sometimes it's not a wholesale mistake on the part of our guys...sometimes the highly talented guys play the puck better, pass better, split the defense better and have the better shot that beats the goalie. It happens.

Boychuk got totally undressed on the second Neal goal.

Kelly absolutely cannot let Crosby get in behind him untouched, and Chara watched the pass zip across the crease and barely reacted.

Ultimately Krug saved their bacon.

Funny though....and note what I said above about Kelly...dude gets almost zero credit when things go well for his line (as they have for a good two weeks) but he admittedly has a defensive brain fart tonight against the best player in the league and it's time to ship him out.

Predictable folks gonna be predictable.

Flame away.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I'm not trying to single you out, but why is it when Eriksson would have a solid game, but not get on the board, his detractors would try to say he wasn't playing well..but when he does play well AND puts up points, we are told that other players (in this case Bergy) are more/just as responsible for the success of the line??

Not sure I understand this?

I will almost never reference points when talking about someone "playing well".

As tough as I've been on Eriksson to start the season, he's looked great after he was able to settle back in from his concussion. I can't tell you how many points he's put up, but he is playing WAY better.

As for Bergeron, I'm just not noticing him going through struggles. When watching the games, Marchand clearly has struggled, but Bergeron looks the same to me.

As for the comment about the assists tonight, Eriksson obviously was a factor, but it was Bergeron that fed Eriksson both times on those plays for Eirksson's assists if I'm not mistaken (and provided the screen on the GWG). Saying Bergeron is struggling simply because he didn't get on the scoresheet when you can break down the plays that clearly just seems weird to me.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Well Crosby scored a goal to us and lost his man on the Krug goal so even the best player in the world can screw up.

Maybe we should be a little less critical of Kelly.

Louie, Rask and Neal IMO were the stars of this game with yeti a very close #4.

Chia has to be loving what he saw from his Swedes tonight.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Missed most part of the game.

Were the lines changed up?

Soderberg Kelly Ericksson ?

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

As tough as I've been on Eriksson to start the season, he's looked great after he was able to settle back in from his concussion. I can't tell you how many points he's put up, but he is playing WAY better.

As for Bergeron, I'm just not noticing him going through struggles. When watching the games, Marchand clearly has struggled, but Bergeron looks the same to me.

As for the comment about the assists tonight, Eriksson obviously was a factor, but it was Bergeron that fed Eriksson both times on those plays for Eirksson's assists if I'm not mistaken (and provided the screen on the GWG). Saying Bergeron is struggling simply because he didn't get on the scoresheet when you can break down the plays that clearly just seems weird to me.

I thought Bergy had a rough start to his season-he was struggling at the dot and wasn't nearly as strong on the puck as usual.

I chalk it up to the rib injury-he didn't get much off season work out (limited by injuries) and I think he lost some orbits strength.

I think he is back into Bergy form and looked good tonight.

Marchy is still hit or miss but I think he is looking better.

Eriksson was fantastic tonight. Best game to date IMO.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Like I said, I wasn't singling you out, but there were a lot of posters using the lack of points as justification for criticizing Loui. I thought Bergeron was as good as LE tonight and that line was better than LKI. I don't base my opinions on points, but tonight 21 got his points because he played well.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Like I said, I wasn't singling you out, but there were a lot of posters using the lack of points as justification for criticizing Loui. I thought Bergeron was as good as LE tonight and that line was better than LKI. I don't base my opinions on points, but tonight 21 got his points because he played well.

Krejci line looked awful tonight (yes I know that line was out for Chara's/Crosby's goal) but their timing was off and Looch just looked disinterested).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad