bs.png
vs.
large.png

Monday, November 25, 2013
7pm Eastern
RDS, NESN (HD), 98.5 FM: The Sports Hub

Nashua%20Street_View%20from%20Causeway.r.jpg

TD Garden, Boston, MA

In a surprising turn of events, this game is NOT on national tv and therefore, no Pierre McGuire!

Pierrecopy.jpg

Bruins_Penscopy.jpg

teamleaders.jpg

TeamStats_Nov2513copy.jpg

Pens_Leaderscopy.jpg

goalies.jpg

060713bruinssc033.jpg

Tuukka Rask
12-5-2, 1.62 GAA, .945 SV%, 1A

article_16351_2.jpg

Marc-Andre Fleury
13-7-0, 1.95 GAA, .923 SV %, 2 PIM

projectedlines.jpg

Bruins_Pens_nov2013copy.jpg

Penguins_Lineupcopy2.jpg

finalwords.jpg

Marty Turco who wanted to say a few words about Pierre:

turco-troll.gif

This GDT is brought to you by:

unnamed.png

Iggy the fire breathing Penguin

Disclaimer 1: If there are any problems with this GDT or you're worried that this GDT somehow cosmically has a detrimental impact on the Boston Bruins hockey team, you are cordially invited to file a complaint with the mods.

Disclaimer 2: If going to the mods isn't your style, head here to the GDT signup thread

Last edited:

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Pretty big game, as big as it gets for early-season I guess. Either a 4 point lead in the conference or tied up. Should have won the first game about a month back, and we were playing pretty bad during that stretch. I think we've gotten 15 out of the last 18 points, let's make it 17/20. :)

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
First Penguins game is the only game I have missed all year, Redsox WS heavy work and needed some sleep oh yeah and NBC had so so fts.

Bruins are for real and I love this version so much more than last year, I think PC has pushed all the right buttons. If Louie is never concussed we are a clear cut #1 power rankings type team, we will get there by PO time for sure.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
I am over the moon at the fact that we are Pierre-free for this one. The Bs are starting to roll right now so this should be a good one. Hopefully they can continue to gain momentum and create some early season separation in the standings.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Should be a good game. Rested Penguins, rested Rask, and solid D.

Alright, I'll go out and say it; am I the only one who thinks our D is functioning a little better with Seidenberg and McQuaid out? Not saying that our D is bad when those 2 vets are in, but in the past two games the D hasn't made too many mistakes. We've actually dominated our past two games, for the most part.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Should be a good game. Rested Penguins, rested Rask, and solid D.

Alright, I'll go out and say it; am I the only one who thinks our D is functioning a little better with Seidenberg and McQuaid out? Not saying that our D is bad when those 2 vets are in, but in the past two games the D hasn't made too many mistakes. We've actually dominated our past two games, for the most part.

Sides is way better than Miller, many try to make a case for Bart over McQuaid.

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
Beau Bennett was placed on IR, and I guess Glass is not likely to play either, which means he can't do his usual routine of ******** a brick when Thornton wants to fight him.

Pens called up Andrew Ebbett and Zach Sill, both likely to play tomorrow I guess. Ebbett would take Bennett's place and Sill would take Glass'.

I'll call a Kevan Miller-Sill fight now lol. Shame Bortuzzo is on the outside looking in, that clown could use a beating too.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Love the photo of Marty Turco with the head shake.

I hope it isn't as cold (windy) tomorrow.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO:handclap:

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
No Seids really hurts against a team like the Penguins, where having a secondary shutdown option is crucial. Looking for a big game from Boychuk.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Great GDT. Feeling good about this game. If we can keep playing as we have the last couple of games and be a tad more effective, even a clicking Pens team should have a hard time keeping up. And they've lost 5 of their last 9 games.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Beau Bennett was placed on IR, and I guess Glass is not likely to play either, which means he can't do his usual routine of ******** a brick when Thornton wants to fight him.

Pens called up Andrew Ebbett and Zach Sill, both likely to play tomorrow I guess. Ebbett would take Bennett's place and Sill would take Glass'.

I'll call a Kevan Miller-Sill fight now lol. Shame Bortuzzo is on the outside looking in, that clown could use a beating too.

Thanks! I'll update their lines in a bit.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Can the Kelly line continue its dominance?

Looking for the Krejci line to get going again. They're playing well but I'd like to see them get on the scoreboard regularly

NORY

Jul 23, 2011
Oakville, Ont
I've really liked Millers play so far. If one of the regulars get back I would keep him in over Bart. Not a hit against Bart tho, just really liking Millers game.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
the Pens bottom six is a joke, its just filler time to get the Crosby and Malkin lines out there.

also its Olli Maatta

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
the Pens bottom six is a joke, its just filler time to get the Crosby and Malkin lines out there.

also its Olli Maatta

Sutter is a really good third line center (and usually plays well against us), and Vitale isn't a bad 4th line guy, but the wingers are awful for sure. Even if you look at their top six wingers, they aren't too great either. Neal is good and Kunitz is a solid top 6 guy (although obviously benefits greatly from Crosby) but the other wingers aren't anything special at all. Those centers do so much to mask that team's depth (particularly Crosby and Malkin, obviously).

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Ew, I hate when Pierre leans in. Poor Bergy! Definition of taking one for the team.

Why do I hate the teams from my state so much? :sarcasm: screw em. Lets win this one! :handclap:

Altamira

Sep 20, 2013
Massachusetts
"In a surprising turn of events, this game is NOT on national tv and therefore, no Pierre McGuire!"

Don't worry, every Wednesday you can see the Penguins play their 29 rivals on NBC Sports!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad