GDT: 11/25: Boston Bruins vs. Pittsburgh Penguins 7pm ET RDS, NESN(HD), 98.5 FM

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Other than that little OT GWG the other day.

Duly noted.

Didn't look great tonight though. Again, facing off against one of the best in the league it's understandable, but it's fair to say that the KIL line has struggled with consistency over the last couple weeks. In an offense predicated on possession secured from the dot, going 35% there is gonna put your line behind the 8-ball.

howaryuh

Mar 28, 2004
Guelph, Ontario
But you know a humble player would say "I thought we controlled the game but I lost my man in the OT" or similar.

In this game the Pens did outplay the Bruins but the Bruins still won-maybe giving a nod to Tuukka or Krug on the game winner would have been the humble move.
As skilled as Crosby is, I always see him as a brat, a rotten spoiled brat.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
But you know a humble player would say "I thought we controlled the game but I lost my man in the OT" or similar.

In this game the Pens did outplay the Bruins but the Bruins still won-maybe giving a nod to Tuukka or Krug on the game winner would have been the humble move.

Brick just did a great breakdown of the GWG and Sid absolutely had his pants taken down, chasing the puck and leaving Krug all by his lonesome.

Julien again played three forwards in the OT and it paid off.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Too early to be thinking about this yet IMO. As big a fan as I am of Yeti's, I would like him to maintain this level of play for at least a season before backing up the Brinks truck. Same for Smith and Krug.

I want that...

Well thats why just stated opinion.

But if these three guys keep playing at this rate, PC will have one hell of a time trying to keep everyone. A good problem to have

Soderberg is playing like one of our best players these days. I guess he got tired of you defending him and proving doubters wrong.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Krejci got his jock dragged all over the dot tonight.

Not exactly surprising considering who he went against. We like to rag on Sidney here but like it or not, the dude has insane skill. If they struggle with getting possession off the dot, they're gonna look like they're playing from behind most of the shift.

I thought Lucic started off the first in a full float, but worked his way back in midway through the second. Krejci though...looks to be taking his requisite time off in the regular season, for whatever reason.

Crosby is the best offensive player in the game. What irks me a/b the guy is things like punching Chara in the back of the head on a check tonight. Ref saw it, no way he could miss it, the man is 6'9" Helen Keller could see it, no call. Were Chara to reciprocate, therefore punching him into a rehab, we'd never hear the end. It would be poor Sidney, and a Pittsburgh PP. Sort of like the playoffs. And, as GD pointed out, the guy is a whine bag. Do I respect his ability? Absolutely, you'd be stupid not to. The guy can turn a dead play into a scoring chance in the blink of an eye.

But I also hate Pittsburgh like no other franchise.

I stay out of Lucic/Krejci arguments. When one wins two or three battles on a single shift so the other can pass the puck to a covered point man, and when he had plenty of time and space to go another way. Well, shades of last year I guess.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Duly noted.

Didn't look great tonight though. Again, facing off against one of the best in the league it's understandable, but it's fair to say that the KIL line has struggled with consistency over the last couple weeks. In an offense predicated on possession secured from the dot, going 35% there is gonna put your line behind the 8-ball.

Happens to almost everyone through the season. Lines have their ebbs and flows, and other lines pick up the slack. That's what distinguishes good teams from also-rans - the ability to pick each other up when the inevitable dips occur.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
lucky to even get a point out of this one.
nevermind 2.

we were on our heel most of this game.
thanks again tuukka.

i swear to god this team would be below the 8 seed if not for tuukka.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
This team can't just close a period out

Like what the ****?

QFT.

Thank God for Torey Krug. Some talk on sports radio about him playing for team USA ?
I doubt it but it would be nice for Torey.

I was afraid the B's were going to blow this game.

I am looking forward to a game that the B's come out and play a full 60 (so they don't have to go into OT). They would be scary good if they could .

Well the B's are first in the East so I guess all is good.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Brick just did a great breakdown of the GWG and Sid absolutely had his pants taken down, chasing the puck and leaving Krug all by his lonesome.

Julien again played three forwards in the OT and it paid off.

I really like Julien's aggressiveness in playing 3 forwards in the OT and while It may hurt them eventually it seems to be paying off.

Krug is very good in the 4 on 4 with the extra ice. He was set up nicely and had some help from poor defensive play by Sidney but Krug's goal was very pretty off some nice passes to set him up.

Loans always complain about Julien being set in his ways and unwilling to take risks but this season is proving them wrong.

Lots of complaining in the Pens forum with regard to the Bruins playing two rookies on defense and how the Pens are too afraid to take that kind of risk.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Is there something wrong with you, rainman ? I wrote "Loui's mommy", not "mommy". in post 329...

Nice.

I guess I should have called you Loui's Mommy and you would have gotten the reference? And you are calling me rainman? Is that really necessary? :laugh:

Do I need to hold your hand and walk you through this?

I called Crosby Cindy, and apparently you have some issue with that, but it's OK for you to refer to another poster as "Loui's Mommy"? I guess I'm not seeing the difference?

Oh, wait...you are from Nova Scotia, Crosby is from Nova Scotia (as is Marchand, and you are constantly defending him as well). So, you can say what you want, but we are not allowed to refer to Sid as Cindy because he's from your neck of the woods?

Too funny :laugh:

2ka RasK*

"Eriksson seems to be more of a support and counterstrike player instead of forcing offense." - 2ka RasK

Just an observation and I'm probably wrong & 100% silly.

Eriksson= Judo = Efficency in adjusting to and defeating your opponents advance. With counterstrikes for an attack.

As opposed to a more attack based approach such as Brazilian Jiu Jitsu or Muay Thai. With a more reactionary defense.

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Nice.

I guess I should have called you Loui's Mommy and you would have gotten the reference? And you are calling me rainman? Is that really necessary? :laugh:

I called Crosby Cindy, and apparently you have some issue with that, but it's OK for you to refer to another poster as "Loui's Mommy"? I guess I'm not seeing the difference?

Oh, wait...you are from Nova Scotia, Crosby is from Nova Scotia (as is Marchand, and you are constantly defending him as well). So, you can say what you want, but we are not allowed to refer to Sid as Cindy because he's from your neck of the woods?

You are an ass.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Nice.

You need some buttah, baby, cause you're on a roll!

heh.

heh.

heh.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
"Eriksson seems to be more of a support and counterstrike player instead of forcing offense." - 2ka RasK

Just an observation and I'm probably wrong & 100% silly.

Eriksson= Judo = Efficency in adjusting to and defeating your opponents advance. With counterstrikes for an attack.

As opposed to a more attack based approach such as Brazilian Jiu Jitsu or Muay Thai. With a more reactionary defense.

I really kind of understood what you were saying, I just thought it was hilarous you posted this analysis about forcing offense right before he dangled Flower out of his bloomers.

That's all.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Crosby is the best offensive player in the game. What irks me a/b the guy is things like punching Chara in the back of the head on a check tonight. Ref saw it, no way he could miss it, the man is 6'9" Helen Keller could see it, no call. Were Chara to reciprocate, therefore punching him into a rehab, we'd never hear the end. It would be poor Sidney, and a Pittsburgh PP. Sort of like the playoffs. And, as GD pointed out, the guy is a whine bag. Do I respect his ability? Absolutely, you'd be stupid not to. The guy can turn a dead play into a scoring chance in the blink of an eye.

But I also hate Pittsburgh like no other franchise.

I stay out of Lucic/Krejci arguments. When one wins two or three battles on a single shift so the other can pass the puck to a covered point man, and when he had plenty of time and space to go another way. Well, shades of last year I guess.
I agree about Crosby being the best offensive player in the game but despite his goal tonight,he never seems to be against the Bruins. I watch every Bruin game throughout the year but only rarely watch other games,so I never see Crosby tear it up against other teams. I always come away with the feeling that this guy is no better than Krejci or Bergeron, I know the overall stats don't support that view but I can't help feel that way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad