GDT: 10/11/14 - Minnesota @ Colorado - 8pm CDT/4am Suomi - FSNorth/Altitude

Status
Not open for further replies.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
So I'm thinking back to all the quotes from people saying the Avs were definitely gonna come back in this game in their home barn and give us all we can handle.

Oh man do I love this win because of that :D

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Dater's take on this game would be hilarious :laugh:

I'd be interested as well. He skewered the Wild when they had a crew of goons like Simon, Boogaard, Fedoruk, etc. Now the Avs and their vinegarandwaterbag coach are more than happy to goon it up.

Lennu32

Oct 4, 2011
Russo:

Teflon Haula.

Well, he survived from Finnish winters. What is one weak elbow is going to be? :laugh:

I think Nino - Haula - Coyle is going to be very dangerous line along the way. Not your usual 3rd line at all. Still, a ***** to match :nod:

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011

napoleon-dynamite-yes.gif

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
This was a much different game than the first. same basic result, but the Avs played more competitively and that probably actually made it sting more for them.

Roy sending out his statement players (or trying) at the end of the game is sort of crass but not exactly unique to him or even that uncommon when you have two teams who hate each other. Jacques used to do it.

What IS pretty damning is that newspaper quote coupled with a blatant cheapshot by one of his players. they could very well be unrelated, but situations like that--a player gets a bug up his ass and decides to try a questionable hit--are why coaches aren't supposed to say things like that. Add to that the aggressive move of putting the fourth line out with four seconds left in a 3-0 game and it paints a pretty bad picture.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
I keep reading that Landeskog came off the bench to argue with the ref but went to Haula first. Isn't leaving the bench an automatic 10 game suspension?

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I wish the NHL would put their foot down. Roy was getting embarrassed and he tried to cheap shot one of our players. They should dock a draft pick from the Avalanche for such tactics and make other teams to stop this retaliation crap.

TheTimeKnife

Mar 11, 2014
Oregon
Landeskog is a ****ing dick, guy is trying to injure people and seems to think he above the rules. The NHL is really letting this get way out of hand.

Lennu32

Oct 4, 2011
I really like how well this team is defending. And Zucchero was very good tonight.

Parise -Granny - Pommers
Zucker - Koivu - Vanek
Nino -Haula - Coyle
Cooke - Brodz - Carter

Beat that :naughty:

sloughfeg

Oct 5, 2014
It's going to be very interesting to see how the NHL handles the Johnson elbow/shoulder to Haula's head. You can't deny that Johnson targeted Haula's head, but at the same time, Haula saw it coming and made a quick adjustment so that he wouldn't get his brains scrambled. Then, Haula rolls around in "pain" like he's Cristiano Ronaldo to make sure Johnson gets the game misconduct, and finally pops back up to his skates once Johnson is sent off.

While the hit was unquestionably dangerous, it didn't cause any harm and was sold by Haula. I would like to see Johnson disciplined for attempting to destroy someones brain, but at the same time I don't want injury acting to invade the culture of the NHL.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I'm proud of Minnesota. They didn't get into a pissing contest with Colorado and let Colorado get frustrated and beat themselves. Go Minnesota!

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
I really like how well this team is defending. And Zucchero was very good tonight.

Parise -Granny - Pommers
Zucker - Koivu - Vanek
Nino -Haula - Coyle
Cooke - Brodz - Carter

Beat that :naughty:

When Fontaine is healthy (maybe even by next game given the giant break), replace Carter with him and man that'd be a great line-up.

Lennu32

Oct 4, 2011
When Fontaine is healthy (maybe even by next game given the giant break), replace Carter with him and man that'd be a great line-up.

Yeah, forgot Fonzie. Those lines is are of the best, if not the best in whole NHL. Every line is dangerous :yo:

Parise - Granny - Pommers
Zucker - Koivu - Vanek
Nino - Haula - Coyle
Cooke - Brodz - Fonzie

That's depth :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad