GDT: 10/11/14 - Minnesota @ Colorado - 8pm CDT/4am Suomi - FSNorth/Altitude

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Tonight I've learned that McLeod is a stand up guy who always holds up on his hits therefore resulting with the opponent being at fault.

The-more-you-know.png

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Wild just became the 6th team in NHL history to get shutouts in the first two games of the season.

And the Sharks just became the 7th.

Crazy night for the league.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
It's a damn good feeling knowing your team is above wallowing in the mud with a team of goons.

Minnesota hit them where it hurt; the standings. They were talking big but when push came to shove, Minnesota stood up and won. Happy for this team and for the players. They looked like they were having fun out there! Glad to see the kids really standing up.

Tonight I've learned that McLeod is a stand up guy who always holds up on his hits therefore resulting with the opponent being at fault.

Knew that was going to happen. Every player is dirty, except ours.

Lennu32

Oct 4, 2011
Wild just became the 6th team in NHL history to get shutouts in the first two games of the season.

And the Sharks just became the 7th.

Crazy night for the league.

Best thing was that when our 1st line don't score, others will. It will be great strenght to the team along the season. Levels, mother****er! :handclap:

Shimoe

Jun 13, 2011
Norm Green Sucks
I'm proud of Minnesota. They didn't get into a pissing contest with Colorado and let Colorado get frustrated and beat themselves. Go Minnesota!

Amen Brother!

They are screaming that's it isn't that Minny is that good, it's because of "this or that" etc etc. I hope every team feels that way and looks upon us "lightly." Right now this team is playing with confidence and is in "mid-season" form. I am cautiously thrilled!

Barkkonen

May 10, 2011
yeolo better use zucker in top6 role, kid is pretty damn dangerous with the puck. Good job sweeping the awwwws btw.

jimbowman

Mar 19, 2013
Figure out a way to get another win against them and there is our head to head tie breaker advantage.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Alright, back at work but couldn't stop thinking about the game. Kuemper played so ****ing well it's ridiculous. Seems like a future star starter. Very Pekka Rinneish game. He's so big he doesn't need too much lateral movement as his legs take up the damn goal line anyway.

Zucker can shoot. Parise can hustle. Haula can annoy the living **** out of people and play at the same time. Water wet, fire hot, Avs bad.

Is it friday already? I want to see us beat the dawx next asap.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Again had to watch on tape delay plus missed the first period. Joys of having a family I guess.

First period sounded dominant. Seven shots on a PP? Wow.

And then second period looked like garbage. They took Granlund off the top PP unit for some reason and put Koivu back in? Instant downgrade. They just struggled the entire rest of the night. Why?

Top line seemed to buzz early then disappeared in the second period. Second line seemed to have maybe one good shift all night where they scored. Third line was hot and cold, scary to see Haula go down, good to see him back. Fourth line was hot garbage all night.

Carter is terrible and needs to be sent down immediately, by the way. Can't play, can't skate, and takes dumb penalties, even in the offensive zone? Ugh.

Zucker scores on his first shift with the second line, then Coyle gets put in his spot? And they do nothing the rest of the night. Huh.

Also, Vanek looks pretty crappy. He has a moment or two each of the last games that looks good and then he disappears. Glad we only signed him to a short-term deal.

I am incredibly happy with Parise. He is just phenomenal. The effort, the skill, all there.

Kuemper had another shaky shutout but he started coming on in the third period. Hopefully this builds his confidence up because again he wasn't tracking pucks and rebounds very well much of what I saw.

D pairings all looked good except Dumba on the PK was a mess at times. Folin played well, I thought.

Patrick Roy is an embarrassment to the league. Threatens the Wild forwards, then his team lays dirty hits, then his team tries to run guys to go 4-v-4, then he tries to put a goon line out at the end of the game? He needs to watch a game from home, I think.

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
Again had to watch on tape delay plus missed the first period. Joys of having a family I guess.

First period sounded dominant. Seven shots on a PP? Wow.

And then second period looked like garbage. They took Granlund off the top PP unit for some reason and put Koivu back in? Instant downgrade. They just struggled the entire rest of the night. Why?

Top line seemed to buzz early then disappeared in the second period. Second line seemed to have maybe one good shift all night where they scored. Third line was hot and cold, scary to see Haula go down, good to see him back. Fourth line was hot garbage all night.

Carter is terrible and needs to be sent down immediately, by the way. Can't play, can't skate, and takes dumb penalties, even in the offensive zone? Ugh.

Zucker scores on his first shift with the second line, then Coyle gets put in his spot? And they do nothing the rest of the night. Huh.

Also, Vanek looks pretty crappy. He has a moment or two each of the last games that looks good and then he disappears. Glad we only signed him to a short-term deal.

I am incredibly happy with Parise. He is just phenomenal. The effort, the skill, all there.

Kuemper had another shaky shutout but he started coming on in the third period. Hopefully this builds his confidence up because again he wasn't tracking pucks and rebounds very well much of what I saw.

D pairings all looked good except Dumba on the PK was a mess at times. Folin played well, I thought.

Patrick Roy is an embarrassment to the league. Threatens the Wild forwards, then his team lays dirty hits, then his team tries to run guys to go 4-v-4, then he tries to put a goon line out at the end of the game? He needs to watch a game from home, I think.

After Zuckers goal the Wild pretty much went into pure defensive mode the second half, or maybe it was the altitude or...

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Three notes from me:

1) I'm glad everyone is on board the Vanek-Koivu-Zucker line right now :) many of us wanted it, some didn't. We all saw it in action finally

2) It is so cute to see Colorado fans try to put blame on why the Avs just got trounced. 1) you're missing Stastny more than you thought, 2) you have a coach who should have never been a mentor, 3) you got your cups because of QC in '96 and you bought your second...don't forget that.

3) Avs won't make the playoffs under this regime. Way Roy is running that squad they'll be lucky to get 90 points even. Disgrace of what has become their leadership group if you ask me. Looks like junky 90's style hockey where you could get away with it if you ask me. Never would have though their Captain and EJ would stoop to goon tactics...but it is Patrick Roy. I'm sure right now Sakic is pissed he gave him the job

Last edited by a moderator:

Billy Mays Here*

Wow! Another shutout! Gonna watch the highlights soon.. but Avy = Eddy 2.0?

No, the Avs were not that bad tonight really. They had some good chances and had many moments of sustained pressure. Their defense was no where near Edmonton bad and neither was their goaltending.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
No, the Avs were not that bad tonight really. They had some good chances and had many moments of sustained pressure. Their defense was no where near Edmonton bad and neither was their goaltending.

Thanks, good to hear. Started to worry that we're not that good and it's all because of them and their classy head coach :sarcasm:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Realistically the Avs will probably make the playoffs but Roy right now could seriously be doing a lot more harm than good with as hot headed as he is and how he seems to be instilling that quality in his own players.

Like I said earlier tonight, I'd expect this kind of goonery from the Canucks of a few years ago in the playoffs, not the Avs of right now in game two of the regular season. They've got too many skill guys to be resorting to Slapshot style hockey.

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
Wow! Another shutout! Gonna watch the highlights soon.. but Avy = Eddy 2.0?
I watched the end of the Canucks Oilers game after the Wild won, Avs are better than both of those teams. Really, neither of them should have won, but one of them had to.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Excited to see us play any of our former Canadian NW division teams. I have a feeling we'll fare quite well. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad