GDT: 10/11/14 - Minnesota @ Colorado - 8pm CDT/4am Suomi - FSNorth/Altitude

Status
Not open for further replies.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Glad Vanek got a shooter on his line.

Dumba looks scary out there. Some good some bad.

Like the way Yeo is playing Dumba Zucker and Folin. Playing in these two games did more for them than 10 AHL games could.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Just watched the game. We played well, Avs were simply a bunch of goons trying to intimidate & hurt us instead of playing hockey.

I hope Johnson gets suspended. That kind of crap has no place in this league. Same for Landeskog, whose name translates to "countryside forest" if we combine Finnish slang & Swedish.

Levels, mother****er!

JClaus33

Sep 18, 2013
NC/SC
Canes fan here, you guys are my #2 team, and since we're all but headed towards the lottery, it's nice watching a team that knows what hockey is...you guys are fun to watch, big Parise fan personally..great start!

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
I find it funny that some Ave's fans think that they were the better team this game. How Coyle's 2nd goal didn't count is beyond me... And that just the first of many things

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
You know what? I'm not even mad about Roy's excuses. Let him make his excuses. All that matters is that we got full four points from two games, Darcy had two shutouts and we've looked amazing so far.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Roy wasn't even making excuses though, that's what's so funny... he actually thinks his team played better than our team did 5 on 5!!!! :laugh:

That is as pure denial as it gets!

Sure, they didn't play as bad, but the Wild were still clearly the better team!

slovakia18

English? I can't.
Jan 7, 2012
austria/swiss
Also, Vanek looks pretty crappy. He has a moment or two each of the last games that looks good and then he disappears. Glad we only signed him to a short-term deal.

His Pass(Assist)was great,there was a brilliant play before the situation comes, and he play good on PP and work on the defens, i think the wild fans see what they have with him, only 2 Games played wait a little bit.;)

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
His Pass(Assist)was great,there was a brilliant play before the situation comes, and he play good on PP and work on the defens, i think the wild fans see what they have with him, only 2 Games played wait a little bit.;)

I'm completely fine with the way he has been so far.

Edit: can't tell if this is a good or bad comment with it being a islander fan, but being from Austria...

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Team played a good road game and choked it out for the W and the 2pts from divisional foe. Can't ask for much better than that.

The team knew what they were going to get from the Avs and handled it great. They withstood the increased pressure and physicality and countered with an early goal and then another to twist the knife in. This team isn't going to give up 2-0 all that often and they sealed it up and stayed out of the gong show stuff that they could have easily stooped to.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Didn't watch all the game, as I'm more pumped up about my son's Bantam tryouts. Looks like he'll get a shot on a really good A team, maybe even AA? Considering he's always been a B player it's kind of exciting... At least a hell of a lot more exciting than watching the Avs.

I thought the Wild were the better team early, then sat back a bit starting in the late 2nd period. If the Avs were a better team it Might've come back to bite them.

- God, Suter is good. Much as I love Parise, there is no doubt to me that Suter is the least replaceable player on the team. Please, Yeo, have him average UNDER 25 min./ GM this year. He is even better when rested.

- is it possible that Brodin is Suter's love child?

- I am a Dumba Bo- bo ( a Dumbo?), but he looked out of place at times. If he doesn't pick it up, perhaps AHL time would be wise. Having said that, I don't think Ballard or Prosser are any better, though Prosser could be stuck in when we are playing physical teams.

-Vanek has been OK. Great pass to Zucker, and has made some nice plays in the D end, which has been unexpected. So far, I like Zucker on the Koivu line. They need that speed.

- Koivu looks good, not great. See Suter's comments re: TOI and apply liberally.

-Both Coyle and Nino are proving their worth. these guys are valuable even when they aren't scoring, as they are effective in the dirty areas. I noticed that Landeskog wasn't so tough once Coyle showed up as his dance partner in the scrums. With Haula and Granlund he is a real tough guy, though.

-I have like/dislike thing going on with Poms. When all is chaos in the D end and you need a veteran forward to step and restore order, he is NOT the guy. Also,plays kind of small. Having said that, he is a very effective offensive player who has a nose for the net. Plays pretty small... You can only have so many of those guys.

- Kuemper was much better in the second game, though I still don't like his puck handling.

- I didn't like the penalty that Carter took at all, but I'm prepared to give him some time to acclimatize. We need a tough customer around. He and Fontaine can trade off ? Would like the latter to produce like last year , but have my doubts. He is a hard worker with some skill, but plays small. Sort of a low end Poms. Again, you can only have so many of those players on the roster when you roll into St. Louis/LA/Boston.

You were all laughing at Brodziak's EN attempt, but do none of you realize how hard it is the hit the post in that situation? Anybody can score... Brodz simply won't settle for the ordinary. Next time he'll go "bar up".

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
@Russostrib · 1 hour ago
No further discipline is expected for #avs defenseman Erik Johnson.

NHL disciplines by the injury, not the action, so I didn't really expect anything further since Haula ended up ok.

At least they didn't give Johnson a chance to target anyone else the rest of the game.

MNWILDFAN001

Jul 2, 2010
Minnesota
Maybe I'm alone here but IMO I thought the game was bit closer than what the score says. The Avalanche were really flying out there, got good chances and missed a couple open net shots. If the Avalanche keep playing like that I think they'll be fine. And I wish the Wild had the size the Avalanche have. Pretty much any player on their team can deliver a big hit. That type of play can take it's toll on an opponent.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Maybe I'm alone here but IMO I thought the game was bit closer than what the score says. The Avalanche were really flying out there, got good chances and missed a couple open net shots. If the Avalanche keep playing like that I think they'll be fine. And I wish the Wild had the size the Avalanche have. Pretty much any player on their team can deliver a big hit. That type of play can take it's toll on an opponent.

Yeah, I didn't see us "dominating" like some others here. Colorado definitely showed up in this one.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
There's no doubt that the Avs played better. They were better than us at points, and had they converted on one of those open net chances to make it 2-1, things would have gotten interesting.

But we also played well. 4 points in the bank, +8 goal differential, couldn't have really asked for a better start to the season.

Wild48

Ski U Mah
Nov 10, 2011
Duluth
NHL disciplines by the injury, not the action, so I didn't really expect anything further since Haula ended up ok.

At least they didn't give Johnson a chance to target anyone else the rest of the game.

Haula also mentioned that he dodged most of the hit and only took a hand to the face, not an elbow.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Haula also mentioned that he dodged most of the hit and only took a hand to the face, not an elbow.

Because Johnson missed. Had he caught him with the elbow, Haula would be out for awhile.

Like I said, they need to discipline the action, not the result, otherwise you'll keep seeing this BS every season from these cheap-shotters who like to flirt in the gray area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad