GDT: 10/11/14 - Minnesota @ Colorado - 8pm CDT/4am Suomi - FSNorth/Altitude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mubiki

Jan 10, 2013
If it was JUST that that made you lose respect for him, you must not pay much attention to Roy. His time as a junior coach was worse. Much worse. Absolutely deplorable behavior. Roy is absolute scum. If he hadn't played in the league he'd be done.

I still remember him sending his kid to beat the crap out of the other poor goalie. That guy was literally cowering, as he was smaller and had zero interest in fighting. It was disgusting.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
I still remember him sending his kid to beat the crap out of the other poor goalie. That guy was literally cowering, as he was smaller and had zero interest in fighting. It was disgusting.

Jesus. Is this Patrick Roy we're talking about or Stansson from D2?

stansson3.jpg

Or even Jack Reilly from the first Mighty Ducks?

tumblr_m4u7ano60P1r9qbc7o2_1280.png

Someone should tell Roy that those were the bad guys in the movies.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
If it was JUST that that made you lose respect for him, you must not pay much attention to Roy. His time as a junior coach was worse. Much worse. Absolutely deplorable behavior. Roy is absolute scum. If he hadn't played in the league he'd be done.

I didn't pay attention to Roy at all when he was coaching juniors. That does sound like a despicable move.

Mubiki

Jan 10, 2013
I didn't pay attention to Roy at all when he was coaching juniors. That does sound like a despicable move.

It might have been in the league below major juniors. I think they were pretty young; which actually makes it much worse.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
If Roy ever needs a new assistant coach, he should give Raimo Summanen a call. Match made in hell.

borisbadenough

Mar 25, 2013
I think I really want to see Nino on that line. He is strong on the puck, can play along the boards, can bring the puck up ice, and can make plays. Zucker can do about half those things and Coyle can do one of them.

Then you'd have a third line with Zucker and Haula who can burn, Zucker can shoot the puck, Coyle can crash around and go to the net. None of those guys are ready for top six duty but all are better than fourth liners.

Nino is not a good fit. He is a shoot first and often winger.( not a bad thing on the right line) Nino would have shot on goal if he had the puck where Vanek made the pass from(on the Zucker goal) . Vanek chose to make the pass because Zucker had the higher percentage shot from the slot. Nino does not suffer from any of those instincts. He shoots first and often when open. He does not calculate scoring chance probability when he has the puck. Vanek, Pom, Suter and Parise are always looking for the open guy. It is all about vision and maturity.

Last edited:

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
I remember Nino making some pretty good passes last year for some crucial goals.

While I agree he is a shoot first type player, I don't think he's as single minded as that and actually thinks the game at a pretty high level.

Many times he is the guy going to the net, however if someone is better off, he does seem to pass.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
A Finnish coach, former player and NHLer. Quite challenging personality..

When he was coaching Jagr a few years ago, I'll never forget how Jagr said in an interview that the team "has been beat psychologically". :laugh:

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I remember Nino making some pretty good passes last year for some crucial goals.

While I agree he is a shoot first type player, I don't think he's as single minded as that and actually thinks the game at a pretty high level.

Many times he is the guy going to the net, however if someone is better off, he does seem to pass.

Nino is all about that puck possession. For his age, he may be one of the best. That is what makes him such an ideal 3rd line player in my eyes, along with Haula. Putting Coyle with those two and Zucker with Koivu and Vanek is just too ideal in my eyes for some reason.

borisbadenough

Mar 25, 2013

Do you remember the three or four times in the first two games this year he opted to shoot the low percentage shot vs making the pass to an open weak side player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad