Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Game 2 and we're already forced to use this thing :laugh:

J3Uynnq.jpg

UPDATE:
From Russo...
Michael Russo Russostrib

@

avs top 3 lines vs mnwild: Landeskog-O'Reilly-Everberg; tanguay-MacKinnon-Briere; McGinn-Duchene-Iginla
(thanks TaLoN!)

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Bickel may play, and the entire lineup for the Avs has been juggled. See Russo's twitter for the changes in Colorado's top 3 lines.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
But.. this game should basically be a continuation of the last. Why do we need a new thread? :sarcasm:

For the record, I say Colorado pulls back and wins 4-3 in OT. Hope I'm wrong.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Eh, I stuck the Subject to Change thingy in there for a reason. But I took those lines straight out of Colorado's GDT for this very game. So whatever I guess. Post their new lines and I'll add them to the op.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Eh, I stuck the Subject to Change thingy in there for a reason. But I took those lines straight out of Colorado's GDT for this very game. So whatever I guess. Post their new lines and I'll add them to the op.

From Russo...
Michael Russo Russostrib

@

avs top 3 lines vs mnwild: Landeskog-O'Reilly-Everberg; tanguay-MacKinnon-Briere; McGinn-Duchene-Iginla
Btw, I wasn't posting that to criticize your emergency gdt, was just trying to be informative to anyone interested...I was providing the location to see the change for your subject to change. ;)

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i think the retribution talk was taken for a little more than it was. We should be able to chew up all three pair of their D with three of our lines but the matchup advantage they have here means their forwards will likely get their hands on the puck a lot more, and with that kind of skill this game won't be Wild dominance.
Still think we win, but it should be close.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Last thread was fun because the game was so good. I want more good stuff! Gonna sleep tonight but want to read a heck of a GDT tomorrow! :D

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Front page of the Denver post tomorrow? "AVALANCHE GET REVENGE ON MATT COOKE" then in small print "wild won the game 4-2":sarcasm:

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
hmmm...reading the Avs GDT (with no ill intent, just trying to see how they're feeling they'll do) and i must say someone came up with a brilliant strategy. I almost want to start an (illegal) second account here, pose as some chick, and start posting on our GDTs after a loss to make the lads concentrate on flirting instead of sinking into depression.

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
It's obvious we can only beat this team when their skill players are injured. Barrie injured playoffs out, Bordeleau injured Thursday out.

I'm thinking this game should be more interesting.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Russo didn't give me warm fuzzies that Roy won't try to run down someone on the Wild for retribution from the playoffs last year.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
What a bad start of the season for me! Game one get into trouble by the woman right when the puck drops and she shuts the tv off. Now this game is only in SD on my Center Ice! After this we got to wait a week for the next game! Ugh!

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
I really like those lines if that's what Yeo is rolling. Cooke on the second line is a nice deterrent from doing something dumb. Plus Nino-Haula-Coyle should cause some havoc, in more ways than one.

(Still, I hope in normal games we can drop Cooke to the 4th, put Nino with Koivu and Vanek, and just stare in awe at a Zucker-Haula tandem.)

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
that's a good way of looking at it...if they want to target Cooke, chances are they're going to want someone not very important do it and if that's the case, we get an excellent matchup. if they DO target Cooke with someone important, we exchange penalty minutes in a favorable way worst case scenario.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Bottom line is, if they're worried about Cooke they are worrying about the wrong guy(s).

Foxlockbox

:laugh: is my period
Mar 22, 2011
Finland
Btw. fellow finns, were you able to pay for Viasat sub with Visa electron? They won't take my money even though it works almost everywhere else nowdays :/

PlusMinusZero

Sep 19, 2014
Sastamala
Bottom line is, if they're worried about Cooke they are worrying about the wrong guy(s).

Yup.But I'm worrying that they target someone on the top line,and the one whom they are going after is Granny.So if they have to go after someone it's better that they go after Cooke than Granny.I just hope that they arent targeting anyone and it's going to be a clean game.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
What a bad start of the season for me! Game one get into trouble by the woman right when the puck drops and she shuts the tv off. Now this game is only in SD on my Center Ice! After this we got to wait a week for the next game! Ugh!

Why the hell did she shut the TV off?

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
Why the hell did she shut the TV off?

Facebook started saving people you searched for. I got caught Facebook creeping.

What's is your guys go to pre-game frozen pizza? Got this bad boy for tonight and it was the best frozen pizza I ever had. Awesome toppings! Huge sausages and thick pepperoni. Worth the 8 dollars price tag.

7570615103_full.jpg

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
If anyone was wondering, Tim Peel is one of the refs tonight. Hopefully he can keep this game under control if Colorado is really going to be head hunting. Google Peel and you'll see his reputation for some awful missed calls. He also reffed game 4 between these two teams last year.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
If anyone was wondering, Tim Peel is one of the refs tonight. Hopefully he can keep this game under control if Colorado is really going to be head hunting. Google Peel and you'll see his reputation for some awful missed calls. He also reffed game 4 between these two teams last year.

Why does it feel like Tim Peel is the referee of like every other game we have? Is NHL trolling Wild or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad