OT: 10,000 Pt XXXIV: Year of Sarah Jessica Parker

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
He wanted to put me under, or even use laughing gas, but I didn't want to stay and wait for my fiancee to come and get me. They had to cut out a good portion of gums and drill into some bone. It was the first time my dentist had to do this kind of extensive work in his office. They treated me damn well, though.

I chuckle about your experience with the IV. My mom was a plebotomist in her early years and she specialized in taking draws from drug addicts and premature babies. She had zero tolerance for people that didn't know how to find a vein properly. Probably would have smacked that nurse :laugh:

I'm about to see how well I take to pain meds. There was a screw up at the pharmacy, so I have to wait another 20 minutes. Sucks too, because this is really really starting to hurt. Biting down on gauze when it hurts to do so, is mega lame.

I hope better than I sir. I apparently turn into a drooling useless idiot on them. Nitrous Oxide doesn't effect me though for some reason. I had a dentist try it on me once and he kept asking how I felt and I kept saying "perfectly normal" until he finally gave up and did a local. Apparently some people are immune to it.

On the video game topic, I was really sick last week and took a day off work and I spent the majority of the day playing Mario Kart to unlock all the stuff for my kid haha. He's not good enough at it to win the races and my save games had gotten erased somehow so I unlocked all the tracks and most of the characters and stuff for him.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
I hope better than I sir. I apparently turn into a drooling useless idiot on them. Nitrous Oxide doesn't effect me though for some reason. I had a dentist try it on me once and he kept asking how I felt and I kept saying "perfectly normal" until he finally gave up and did a local. Apparently some people are immune to it.

Same. My dentist used nitrous oxide and a local anesthetic (probably lidocaine or procaine hcl), and the nitrous oxide did nothing. Wouldn't be surprised if he hooked me up to air and called it "nitrous oxide" just to charge me more. The procedure was like 4k.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA

On the video game topic, I was really sick last week and took a day off work and I spent the majority of the day playing Mario Kart to unlock all the stuff for my kid haha. He's not good enough at it to win the races and my save games had gotten erased somehow so I unlocked all the tracks and most of the characters and stuff for him.

The next time you need pain meds, I demand you post here :)

Mario Kart sounds awesome right now. Almost enough for me to plug the Wii in. Hmm...

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007

Mario Kart sounds awesome right now. Almost enough for me to plug the Wii in. Hmm...

haha, just what I need, a lifetime ban for posting on pain meds :P

I gotta admit, I'm pretty psyched for the new mario kart for wii U mostly because its the only game my kid and I can play together right now and Mario Kart in HD... mmmm

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA

I gotta admit, I'm pretty psyched for the new mario kart for wii U mostly because its the only game my kid and I can play together right now and Mario Kart in HD... mmmm

It imagine the ball of glory. Stuff of HF legends :laugh:

Ah, I needed some humor.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
I had a lot of fun being on Nitrous Oxide. Had an outer body experience. It wasn't a good one because I thought I was dead. Lol.

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
I had a lot of fun being on Nitrous Oxide. Had an outer body experience. It wasn't a good one because I thought I was dead. Lol.

I have to either get the Nitrous Oxide or tough it out any time I go to the dentist, i'm allergic to novocaine.

Found out the hard way as a kid when my dad had to pull over on the side of the freeway so I could spew everywhere after a dentist visit :laugh:

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
The meds kicked in! Someone kick me in the shin!

LMAO, KM. I did you check yourself out?

Damn, I can't even fathom the lack of a local anesthetic. You are a manly man, Doc.

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
I remember as a kid, I went in to get a tooth pulled because I chipped it and they had to put me on the Nitrous Oxide and gave me one of those picture binocular sort of things to distract me so they could pull it

edit: One of these

viewmaster.jpg

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Dammit, the typos...

Viewmasters rule. Still have my old one with about 200 discs. Many of them are from the 50's and 60's. Got a couple dirty ones, too :naughty:

bluefunnel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2005
They're like, way old. Ever been to one of those goldmine towns, and paid to look at one of their "picture boxes?" Ever stumble upon the dirty version? Yeah, these are of the same quality. Can't tell if they're people or grizzlies :laugh:

Works out if you're really into grizzlies.

FINatic inhockeytown

Apr 12, 2009
Detroit

How old is your kid? Me and mine have been playing the heck out of all the lego games. 9 6 and 3 and the 3yr old has the most fun and he's getting really good at keeping up with whomever he is playing with. Even the old man enjoys the gameplay.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
How old is your kid? Me and mine have been playing the heck out of all the lego games. 9 6 and 3 and the 3yr old has the most fun and he's getting really good at keeping up with whomever he is playing with. Even the old man enjoys the gameplay.

The lego games are a blast. Lego Batman 2 and Lego Marvel Super Heroes are both awesome.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007

3, I was thinkign about trying the lego games with him again, we tried a few months back and he couldn't get the hang of it.

Part of the problem is he's been raised on touch screens and motion controllers and doesnt know how to use a standard controller, it's weird to me.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
He's probably too young to have liked Batman TBatB, but since we're on the topic of fun, simple co-op Wii games, Batman TBatB Wii was a very enjoyable game, though short. You're pretty much playing through episodes of the show.

Part of the problem is he's been raised on touch screens and motion controllers and doesnt know how to use a standard controller, it's weird to me.

Do you have Mario Party 9 and/or Wii Party? Those sound like games you guys can enjoy together. Easy enough to learn for the young ones, but still fun for oldies (I play them frequently when I have company over).

Grave

Mondo Cool
Jun 23, 2009
Northern California
I liked Lego LOTR, heard the Marvel one was meh so I haven't picked it up yet.

Also looked through the PS4/X1 launch lineups till February...

B9zgw3y.png

Last edited:

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Do you have Mario Party 9 and/or Wii Party? Those sound like games you guys can enjoy together. Easy enough to learn for the young ones, but still fun for oldies (I play them frequently when I have company over).

That's the worst game to go multiplayer unless HB and his kid want to feel flashes of pure hatred and loathing towards one another.

I liked Lego LOTR, heard the Marvel one was meh so I haven't picked it up yet.

All I heard was the roster was almost too big.

Oh and anyone get an email from Microsoft saying they won a free Xbox One? Seeing a couple people on facebook posting how they won a free XBO and Forza.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
That's the worst game to go multiplayer unless HB and his kid want to feel flashes of pure hatred and loathing towards one another.

Mario Party = serious business. :laugh:

I actually play Mario Party 2 more, but Mario Party 9 is pretty fun too. Mario Party 8 was terrible; all the mini-games were pretty much who could waggle the fastest.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist

MMMMMMario Kart!!! my (3rd) Wii died a couple months ago. :(

In other news, **** You Standard Time!!!!

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
I'm living on beer cheese soup and split pea soup right now. All in all, life ain't bad. Just wish I could have some bread with these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad