OT: 10,000 Pt XXXIV: Year of Sarah Jessica Parker

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Thought I'd post cause... well... puppy.

We just got him today, he's my son's dog (our other dogs have not taken to him, so we decided to get him a puppy). His name is Dusty. We got him from the shelter, he's 2 months old, Australian Cattle Dog

Attachments

• dusty.jpg
    dusty.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 13

bluefunnel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2005
That's awesome. It's also cool that he is teaching acting at Cornell. Didn't Avery Brooks also teach acting at a university after the series ended?

Rutgers, I believe. I'm not sure if I could have either of them as teachers, it would be too distracting.

Hockeyball, that dog is adorable.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I just got back from bowling for the first time in a few years or so. I used to be okay, but I was awful today.

We didn't even complete 3 games in almost 3 hours since the people I was bowling with were sooooooo slow... (it was a birthday party)

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Hehe, the dog is cute and so far very playful.

We went to the pet store to get a few things for our senior citizen dog and the humane society was there. My wife has been obsessing over getting a puppy for our kid for about a month now and she asked the people there. She comes over to me and goes "So, they have some puppies over at the shelter, it's just down the street, can we go look?" with that "If I don't say yes I will pay for it for a very long time" look. I knew if we went we were coming home with a puppy, but I figured why not.

So puppy we now have. Wives!

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA

We went to the pet store to get a few things for our senior citizen dog and the humane society was there. My wife has been obsessing over getting a puppy for our kid for about a month now and she asked the people there. She comes over to me and goes "So, they have some puppies over at the shelter, it's just down the street, can we go look?" with that "If I don't say yes I will pay for it for a very long time" look. I knew if we went we were coming home with a puppy, but I figured why not.

Cleaning up after a dog is always easier than cleaning up after your "mistakes" :laugh:

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach

What the hell kind of look is that? Sounds terrifying.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Cleaning up after a dog is always easier than cleaning up after your "mistakes" :laugh:

Im trying not to get too excited, but I **** you not I took this puppy outside and went "Go pee-pee Dusty" and bam, he went. Took him outside a second time a few hours later and said the same thing figuring it was a fluke, and he goes again immediately...

Not to say he hasn't gone in the house, he has, but he seems like he's already half potty trained, it's bizarre.

What the hell kind of look is that? Sounds terrifying.

It's this crazy look I think only women can pull off where they are at the same time giving you the sweetest 'pretty please!' look and the 'I'm not really asking' look at the same time. It's pretty much kryptonite.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
It's this crazy look I think only women can pull off where they are at the same time giving you the sweetest 'pretty please!' look and the 'I'm not really asking' look at the same time. It's pretty much kryptonite.
It's crazy how evil these beautiful creatures can be!

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
Thought I'd post cause... well... puppy.

We just got him today, he's my son's dog (our other dogs have not taken to him, so we decided to get him a puppy). His name is Dusty. We got him from the shelter, he's 2 months old, Australian Cattle Dog

i really want to get me another one. i dont know if im ready or have time to properly take care of another puppy, would get german shorthair pointer pure bred.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Amazon, Postal Service to Start Sunday Package Deliveries

Amazon.com Inc. and the U.S. Postal Service are teaming up to offer Sunday delivery, as the world’s biggest online retailer seeks to broaden its reach by getting packages to customers on any day of the week.

Customers in New York and Los Angeles can start choosing Sunday delivery at no extra cost from this week. The service will expand to Dallas, Houston, Phoenix, New Orleans and other cities next year, Amazon said in a statement today.

Wow.

Mar 12, 2008
SF Bay Area
Getting back to cute puppies... We got one 3 months ago (pekingese). We also have a 4 yr old female peke, a 30 pound Maine Coon (2 yrs old) and another aged cat. Dash (puppy) humps every stinking one of them! We had a 19 yr old cat pass away last Monday and she was his favorite humping toy. Dash is definitely the alpha pet now and the smallest.

picture.php

Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
A little late since I haven't been able to get on the computer until now, but since it's Veterans Day in the US and Remembrance Day here in Canada, I wanted to say thank you to anyone here who has served or is serving in the military, and to anyone who lost someone in the service of their country.

story_of_the_poppy.jpg

edit: and a friendly reminder that this is not a political statement, nor should any such discussion be. You can show respect without bringing politics into the matter.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I can't remember how spoiler tags are done on this site... Anyone wanna help me out? I just saw Ender's Game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad