OT: 10,000 Pt XXXIV: Year of Sarah Jessica Parker

Status
Not open for further replies.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
http://sf.wish.org/news-and-events/news/wish-news/batman

Miles may only be 5 years old, but he is fighting a very adult battle – one that we hope will save his life. Miles has leukemia. He is a sunny, positive little boy and finds his inspiration in super heroes. When we interviewed Miles for a wish, he surprised even his parents: he wishes to BE Batman!

The day starts with a breaking news story. Gotham City’s Police Chief asks if anyone knows the whereabouts of Batman because he needs his help solving crime and bringing the bad guys to justice. Our little Batman, Miles, in training with adult Batman, is ready to answer the call! Of course Batman will be riding in the "real" batmobile around the City, saving the day and performing feats of derring-do!

After rescuing a damsel in distress from the cable car tracks in Nob Hill, and capturing the Riddler in the act of robbing a downtown vault, Batman will eat his lunch at the Burger Bar in San Francisco – directly above Union Square. While at Burger Bar, he will get a call on his batphone to go to the window – where he will look down and see a huge group of volunteers jumping up and down asking for Batman’s help. Why?

Because the Penguin will be kidnapping a famous Gotham City mascot! The getaway car will be visible on Union Square (a convertible so that everyone can see what is happening), and the chase will be on!

After catching the Penguin, Batman will make his final stop at City Hall, where the Mayor and the Police Chief of Gotham City will thank him and give him the key to the city. We plan on having hundreds of volunteers and donors collected to cheer and thank our Batman! This is a great opportunity to see the magic of a wish in action – and a perfect outing for kids, grandkids and Bat-fans everywhere!

MilesBatman290Module.ashx

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
So I've never really understood the obsession with nice cars.

But last night I DD'd for a friend who has a mercedes. And hot damn. I suddenly see it. I've never had so much fun in my life.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
What's wrong with Secretariat? :(

Secretariat freaks Slo out :laugh:

I have no idea.

Who's that at the door? It's Secretariat!!! (do they even do that anymore? I haven't watched Ferguson in awhile.)

I think he's done it once in the last while. NOt usually. Now Secretariat hangs out behind one of those barn half-doors and gets used in random other ways.

Like this:

Or this:

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Los Angeles is literally the worst place to fly low altitudes. Hidden powerlines everywhere trying to clip your wings. Never been so terrified to lower the altitude before in my life. :laugh:

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
So I've never really understood the obsession with nice cars.

But last night I DD'd for a friend who has a mercedes. And hot damn. I suddenly see it. I've never had so much fun in my life.

Me either. My son is about to get his license and I'm going to give him my car. So I just started car shopping. I went and drove a new 4 series BMW yesterday. DAMN!! I like it. I think I'm going to wait until the convertable comes out in February and buy one.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Great, I just got hockeyball'd. Had a surprise wisdom teeth extraction, due to an infection that I didn't know was there. Routine check-up found it in the x-rays. No one to drive me back, so I had to do it under local. At least the fiancee is coming back with a video game and my prescriptions.

Curse you for jinxing me somehow, hb! *shakes fist*

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Great, I just got hockeyball'd. Had a surprise wisdom teeth extraction, due to an infection that I didn't know was there. Routine check-up found it in the x-rays. No one to drive me back, so I had to do it under local. At least the fiancee is coming back with a video game and my prescriptions.

Do tell.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA

GTA V. Yeah, yeah, I'm late to the party. Should feel better after I smoke some fools :laugh:

What shocked me is that the extraction only took an hour and a half. He had to break up the bottom ones in pieces before he took them out. I felt like Golem, losing all those teeth at once.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007

Doh, sorry man!

I don't think mine could be done with a local, I was out for it. Kind of funny story goes along with that though. Prior to this surgery I had only ever had surgery once before, the previous year I had surgery on my nose/face. That was my first surgery and I was super nervous about it (they were clearing out my airway to cure my sleep apnea, they peeled my nose back and basically bored a passage through to my throat) so they've got this male nurse keeping my company and stuff prior to the surgery. Nice enough guy, he's trying to keep me from freaking out and stuff and he is also going to put the IV in. Well the time comes to put the IV in (first one I've had) and this guy starts jamming away at the vein in my hand (apparently he was hitting a valve) and I swear to god I nearly passed out. I can only describe that pain like getting kicked in the balls repeatedly. I told him he had to stop or I was going to pass out (which would cancel the surgery) or throw up everywhere. They had someone else come around and got it first try. So anyway, suffice to say when it came time for the dentist to knock me out I am now utterly terrified because if a nurse couldn't do it right this guy is going to kill me. Dentist had the IV in and me unconscious in seconds, never felt a thing, I just remember waking up afterward a total zombie.

Also, my wife still makes fun of me for both of those events because I have zero tolerance for pain medication. Knocks me out for days afterward. When I was able to stay awake I was totally incoherent and it was the only time she'd probably ever see me 'drunk'. For the facial surgery they gave me Oxycodone and I was completely unconscious for 36 hours. The wife had kept giving me them every 8 hours because the nurse told her to (don't wait for it to hurt). The doctor calls up after a couple days to check on me and she tells him and he goes "NO NO NO, just give him Tylenol for gods sake, only use the Oxycodone if he's in pain!" I literally lost a day and a half and so had no real idea what was going on, but I stopped taking the stuff and I was fine, I have a pretty high pain threshold and I just stuck to Tylenol from then on no prob. After the dental surgery though the dentist gave me freaking Percocet and I said hell no and ended up taking only Tylenol from the start. If Oxycodone knocked me out I didn't even want to know what Percocet was going to do.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
He wanted to put me under, or even use laughing gas, but I didn't want to stay and wait for my fiancee to come and get me. They had to cut out a good portion of gums and drill into some bone. It was the first time my dentist had to do this kind of extensive work in his office. They treated me damn well, though.

I chuckle about your experience with the IV. My mom was a plebotomist in her early years and she specialized in taking draws from drug addicts and premature babies. She had zero tolerance for people that didn't know how to find a vein properly. Probably would have smacked that nurse :laugh:

I'm about to see how well I take to pain meds. There was a screw up at the pharmacy, so I have to wait another 20 minutes. Sucks too, because this is really really starting to hurt. Biting down on gauze when it hurts to do so, is mega lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00