1 goal is not enough. Whoulda thunk? VAN 4 LAK 1

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
I think the reffing really let this game get out of hand. They let the Canucks go with too many men, the clear interference on Brown and the punch to Toffoli after the 2nd. Then when one of the Sedin's knees Quick in the head, everything gets evened up. It was if they swallowed their whistles and let everything go or the Kings were just as guilty for defending themselves. Then Toffoli makes a super dumb move on Burrows since, why not? It seems to be the theme of the night with the Canucks getting away with a ton of ****. Then Burrows dies on the ice and they get a 5 on 3 and a major. It's pretty infuriating, but it was the correct call.

The previous game also sucked when Brown got a penalty for being cross checked to the face and tackled by two opposing players. 2 minutes for getting beat up. It's almost like we should start taking runs at other teams players and it will just result in a 4 on 4 or be completely ignored.

With that said, our inability to score more than one goal recently is disgusting. You are going to lose a ton of games when you do that. Kings need to wake up or they're golfing.

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB

Growing pains. This year we see a lot of young mistakes costing us games. McNabb, Muzzin, Shore, & Toffoli have all contributed. From TT turning pucks over in the slot to Shore taking inopportune penalties in the Ozone. They all have made youthful mistakes. But, you have to take them as they come because they are your future. Unfortunately the Kings brand of hockey does not afford you with any room for errors, if at all!

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Cuz it was on his shoulders...

are-you-wizard.jpg

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Growing pains. This year we see a lot of young mistakes costing us games. McNabb, Muzzin, Shore, & Toffoli have all contributed. From TT turning pucks over in the slot to Shore taking inopportune penalties in the Ozone. They all have made youthful mistakes. But, you have to take them as they come because they are your future. Unfortunately the Kings brand of hockey does not afford you with any room for errors, if at all!

Really good point.

And agreed, we've typically had a small margin for error. Look how young our D is though, so much youth this year...forwards too really. Problem is our best players are aging out. Next year or two is the last of our current team's window and unless we hit some major prospect home runs, we may be hurting for a while...

There's always a chance we start playing 2012 lockdown D hockey again, though.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Still a lot of games left, if you can believe that.

Kopitar, unfortunately needs to start putting the puck in the net. That means shooting the puck.

The Kings passed their way out of Five scoring chances today (what I counted).

That is not going to win games.

You can include Doughty shooting too, and getting it on net.. Its absolutely infuriating watching him just fake,fake,fake, not shoot, fake again, then shoot it into a shin or just get it blocked at the point of the shot. If he cant figure out what to do on the pp, get him the hell off, McNabb know just what to do without all the bs Doughty does. With 11 games to go he has ZERO GOALS AT HOME and Zero on the pp!

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
Toffoli has done way too much for this team to receive any criticism. He's a rookie making a rookie mistake. It happens. The blame is on the nonrookies except for Quick.

Arrhizal

May 4, 2012
Slovenia
Much Kopitar talk yet Carter was much more absent in this game. Kopitar was involved in the single goal the team got. Where was the "first center of the team for most of the season"?

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
It's kind of sucks our season will come down to this road trip, but we have only our selves to blame. So many games we just threw away points or just half assed our way through a game. 14 OT/SO losses just stings and in the end may be our downfall.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Much Kopitar talk yet Carter was much more absent in this game. Kopitar was involved in the single goal the team got. Where was the "first center of the team for most of the season"?

Yeah, he won a faceoff. Good job Kopi!!

Carter needs to play better as well.

Ron*

An abortion. An absolute ****ing abortion. We were getting outplayed even before Toffoli's meltdown.

Ron*

I think the reffing really let this game get out of hand. They let the Canucks go with too many men, the clear interference on Brown and the punch to Toffoli after the 2nd. Then when one of the Sedin's knees Quick in the head, everything gets evened up. It was if they swallowed their whistles and let everything go or the Kings were just as guilty for defending themselves. Then Toffoli makes a super dumb move on Burrows since, why not? It seems to be the theme of the night with the Canucks getting away with a ton of ****. Then Burrows dies on the ice and they get a 5 on 3 and a major. It's pretty infuriating, but it was the correct call.

The previous game also sucked when Brown got a penalty for being cross checked to the face and tackled by two opposing players. 2 minutes for getting beat up. It's almost like we should start taking runs at other teams players and it will just result in a 4 on 4 or be completely ignored.

With that said, our inability to score more than one goal recently is disgusting. You are going to lose a ton of games when you do that. Kings need to wake up or they're golfing.

I'm not going to blame the referees if we can't even score.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I have to eat some Crow on Dustin Brown.

Last season I was confident Brown would get back to his 20G 30A type seasons(Brown had a good playoff too).

I was wrong, Brown is out there trying to play hard. This season has been a disaster for him sadly.

He is also a team worst -15.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad