1 goal is not enough. Whoulda thunk? VAN 4 LAK 1

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
The second Toffoli's stick touches Burrows his head whips back. I don't buy it AT ALL.

Oh God yeah. Burrows faked the injury. He was over there acting like "Lord, help me! I can't walk no more! Oh Lord, help me!" .... 15 minutes later ... It's a miracle! I can play the sport of hockey again! Even Jim Fox wasn't buying it.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Luc Robitaille came across group of Canucks fans at Staples & bought them Kings gear. :laugh:

tumblr_nlkxmqaN0g1swm3cko1_540.jpg

tumblr_nlkxmqaN0g1swm3cko2_540.jpg

taz346

Jan 8, 2008
Not there, but here
Numbers expected from a player on the downside of his career on a non-playoff team, like Shane Doan.
It seems that once Brown took on the roll of daddykins, his effort has taken a back seat. Possibly Kopi the same thing. If these guys can't separate home life from their Hockey life, they'd better wise up. Reminds of once you have kids, your driving speed and recklesness begins to soften. Don't know if that's what's been going on, but sure looks like it to me.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Oh God yeah. Burrows faked the injury. He was over there acting like "Lord, help me! I can't walk no more! Oh Lord, help me!" .... 15 minutes later ... It's a miracle! I can play the sport of hockey again! Even Jim Fox wasn't buying it.

Main board logic: Dirty as hell , 3-4 games min suspension. :shakehead

In hindsight, it was equally as dumb as Doughty's slash that gave them the pp to begin with. Both guys lost their cool and took frustration penalties you never see the Kings make. I guess if you can defend Toffoli, it was retaliation for the Burrows punch at the end of the 2nd, just too much. If Burrows gets called, which he should've, Toffoli probably doesn't do that.

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
It seems that once Brown took on the roll of daddykins, his effort has taken a back seat. Possibly Kopi the same thing. If these guys can't separate home life from their Hockey life, they'd better wise up. Reminds of once you have kids, your driving speed and recklesness begins to soften. Don't know if that's what's been going on, but sure looks like it to me.

Self preservation? No family-No kids-balls out straight ahead! Now, there is quality of life with family after hockey to think about.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Save us, Richie!

Maybe he can reawaken the team....he has always been a leader. Hoping for some spark.

tumblr_n5p71tDvRR1skgd7ao1_500.gif

Judging by Sutter statements, he's not too happy with the bottom 2 centers not scoring. 1 goal out the that group in 25 games is not good. Richards really couldn't do any worse.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Wait can the Kings play Richards though? Don't we have cap issues?

Probably have to put Stoll on IR to play him I'm guessing.

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
Wait can the Kings play Richards though? Don't we have cap issues?

Probably have to put Stoll on IR to play him I'm guessing.

Richard adds less then a mil. With no chance of Voynov returning it shouldn't be an issue.
Still would have over a mil of space

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Last 7 home games, the Kings have scored 1 or 0 goals in 6 of them. 2-4 in those games. What happened to the sanctuary?

To add, they've got 4 goals in those 6 games. Williams, Carter, and Gaborik have scored on the PP. Andreoff scored the other goal. 1 even strength goal, and it came from a rookie 4th line center, who's been scratched most of the season. In the other game, against the Canadiens, and their backup goalie, 2 other PP goals by Gaborik, and 1 at even strength by Carter. So 7 goals total, and 2 ES goals at home over the last 7 games.

Last edited:

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Richards may be a defensive liability, but he can outproduce Stoll and Shore combined.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Still can't get over that Burrows head snap. How can anyone, even the biggest homer, not think he started that whole sequence after that crosscheck with a sell job? Pathetic. I was hit by a drunk driver 8 months ago at 40MPH and my head never snapped back like that.

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
Well we lost so down to the AHL we go next season.

Still can't get over that Burrows head snap. How can anyone, even the biggest homer, not think he started that whole sequence after that crosscheck with a sell job? Pathetic. I was hit by a drunk driver 8 months ago at 40MPH and my head never snapped back like that.

I dare you to post that on the main boards. The reactions would be hilarious :laugh: They're trying to justify the dive by saying Brown dives too.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
I would love to make the playoffs but I also believe we could be a much more dominant team next year with an extra long offseason of rest. So whatever happens down the stretch I'm okay with.

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
First period was looking good. Second was ok. Third was two bad penalties. Doughty and Toffoli should have known better. Also, the breakaways are like watching the Kings play in OT/Shootouts.....never gonna score.

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
We could be like Anaheim who picked up Lindholm after making the playoffs the previous season and ******** the next season away.

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011

Who is the Homer RP. I will admit, it is not nearly as bad as I thought when I started reading the comments, but people don't sell head first boarding calls. Stuff happens in Hockey and in this case he will probably get a minor suspension or fine. I don't see any intent on his part, but it was boarding.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad