1 goal is not enough. Whoulda thunk? VAN 4 LAK 1

13elieve

Jul 12, 2010
How do you feel about what Dorsett did to Stoll? He hasn't returned at all from the hit and his career may be over. What about Stoll's family and life outside of hockey? Any outrage over the fact nothing was done to Dorsett, not even a penalty? Please comment on this.

I agree fully with you. There should be a penalty/suspension. Hits like that should be out of the game.

13elieve

Jul 12, 2010
How many times has Sutter said take the puck to the net, crash it, and good things will happen? I've lost count. Kopitar not scoring is his fault. Same applies to everyone else.

The usual "he has a family and kids" card. I don't care if he has a family and kids, that doesn't make a difference. Everyone has a family and loved ones. Don't bring that up. Most hackneyed excuse on this site.

Only brought it up because sometimes people forget that hockey players are people too just because they're watching them on TV.

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
Well you kind of made it seem like Burrows potentially ruining his career/life is equal to winning a hockey game. Don't think I can convince you that he didn't dive but it's like saying that when someone pushes you into traffic, your first reaction is to dive head first into a car so you can sue them afterwards. Burrows isn't going to risk his life in an attempt to draw a penalty.

:facepalm: Dude,

I meant Toffoli got punished for the hit. Our team got punished already for the hit. Again, who would wish injury to anyone? And yes, he dove to get a penalty, he obviously didn't mean to attempt suicide. His head didn't hit the boards either.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
I agree fully with you. There should be a penalty/suspension. Hits like that should be out of the game.
That's a good start, I'll give you that.

Where is the outrage though? Where is the main board thread about the hit and the lack of disipline from the league? Shouldn't you be equally disgusted about what happened to Stoll as you are about Burrows? At least Burrows came back and the league took notice of it. That's more than Stoll got.

Stoll has a history of seizures, by the way. This injury is not looking good for him.

13elieve

Jul 12, 2010
That's a good start, I'll give you that.

Where is the outrage though? Where is the main board thread about the hit and the lack of disipline from the league? Shouldn't you be equally disgusted about what happened to Stoll as you are about Burrows? At least Burrows came back and the league took notice of it. That's more than Stoll got.

Stoll has a history of seizures, by the way. This injury is not looking good for him.

Well I don't control the main boards. I do admit I wasn't equally as outraged but that was probably due to ignorance of Stoll's condition.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
Well I don't control the main boards. I do admit I wasn't equally as outraged but that was probably due to ignorance of Stoll's condition.
His condition shouldn't matter though, right? He's still a human being with a life outside the game that hasn't been healthy after the dirty hit from Dorsett. You guys should have been just as mad as soon as you realized he wasn't going to be back in the game after that hit. But your fans aren't mad or upset over what happened to Stoll. And based on the silence from the main boards, they couldn't care less. But when it happened to one of your own there is a cry for blood.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
You think Sutter likes it when Kopitar takes a skate around the boards in the offensive zone and doesn't take the puck to the net?

Why is it when the players don't do their jobs you assume that they are following the coach's instruction?

Do you really think that a young man who started playing hockey for fun like all of us, is doing WWE wrestling at the boards for his own fun ?????

All of our players production declines year by year even when entering their prime. This started with Murray and is continued by Sutters system which is an exact copy of Murray defense rumble.

So i assume all 20 players sitting together before the game and talk to each other:Brown: Wow.. did you hear what Sutter say.. the usual play entertaining flashy offense combined with rock solid defense like a real contender.... Kopitar: yeah.. i can't believe that. I mean his system creates so many open scoring chances. We just should stay away from that. Best thing to have a quite night would be working the boards and never shoot.... Doughty: Sounds like a plan. The fans always annoy me with their presence anyways. Let's make sure they never come again.

Is that what you are saying ?????

And yes i believe Sutter likes it when Kopitar works at the boards.
In his sick mind he calls that puck possessions and some minor league coach told him once, that puck possession leads to goals.
He just forgot to tell him that puck possession actually means moving the puck and bodys around to force the defenders out of position to open gaps.
But hey, who cares about details like that, we do the little things right.
It's just too bad that you need the big things to score goals

13elieve

Jul 12, 2010
His condition shouldn't matter though, right? He's still a human being with a life outside the game that hasn't been healthy after the dirty hit from Dorsett. You guys should have been just as mad as soon as you realized he wasn't going to be back in the game after that hit. But your fans aren't mad or upset over what happened to Stoll. And based on the silence from the main boards, they couldn't care less. But when it happened to one of your own there is a cry for blood.

Yeah but we weren't claiming that Stoll was diving. If you don't wanna show respect, don't disrespect either.
And his condition should matter. There would be more outcry if you pushed an old lady with brittle bones rather than your buddy.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Do you really think that a young man who started playing hockey for fun like all of us, is doing WWE wrestling at the boards for his own fun ?????

All of our players production declines year by year even when entering their prime. This started with Murray and is continued by Sutters system which is an exact copy of Murray defense rumble.

So i assume all 20 players sitting together before the game and talk to each other:Brown: Wow.. did you hear what Sutter say.. the usual play entertaining flashy offense combined with rock solid defense like a real contender.... Kopitar: yeah.. i can't believe that. I mean his system creates so many open scoring chances. We just should stay away from that. Best thing to have a quite night would be working the boards and never shoot.... Doughty: Sounds like a plan. The fans always annoy me with their presence anyways. Let's make sure they never come again.

Is that what you are saying ?????

Kopitar had a career year under Murray and Sutter. Muzzin is having a career year under Sutter, Doughty had a career year under Murray, Doughty may post 40 assists again this year (that's high for him).

Trevor Lewis/Kyle Clifford(maybe Nolan as well) career years this year most likely for production. Toffoli/Pearson breakout years under Sutter.

Sutter didn't make Kopitar/Brown production fall this season. Which is killing the Kings right now.

Again like it is every year, The coaches don't make the players not attack the net.

It's punishing to go into the blue paint, it's why guys like Gabo, Williams have been injured so much in their careers. You have to be willing to pay the price.

It's the same deal with the PP, everyone thought Kompon was the problem. Chicago's PP looks fine with Kompon coaching it.

It's the players, and their willingness to pay the price to score goals. Defense and Goalies are too good in the NHL to get beat from the outside consistently. You have to pay the price, the coaches can't get on the ice, and do it for the players.

Sutter and Stevens just about every single Kings game "We have to get more pucks deep, and take it to the net".

Last edited:

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
Yeah but we weren't claiming that Stoll was diving. If you don't wanna show respect, don't disrespect either.
And his condition should matter. There would be more outcry if you pushed an old lady with brittle bones rather than your buddy.
Huh? What does the dive/not dive have to do with anything? You were just beating the human being and life outside the game drum and that is exactly what happened to Stoll and your fanbase couldn't care less. You then admitted to not being as outraged about Stoll because you didn't know about his medical condition. Do you see the hypocrisy now? They were both humans who got hurt. The outrage should be equal.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Ironically I think Kopitar had his best season ever under Sutter, 11-12 season Kopitar was dominant, he posted 76 points with another 20 in the playoffs.

Kopitar was a driving force nightly.

I mean seriously.

Why do some folks continue to rail on Sutter/Murray ? Two coaches who have helped bring in the golden age of hockey in King land.

Do people want coaches like Crawford back ? who would you have hired in place of Sutter/Murray ?

Last edited:

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Isn't this really Kopitar's first poor performing season?

Well that's debatable.

It could turn out to be his second. 08-09 Kopitar was not very good, 66 points -17. The whole team was not good that year though. some would argue 12-13 was not good for Kopitar, but that was only his playoff performance.

This year is not even bad for him, just below average. Kopitar needs 16 points in the last 11 games to reach his career average.

14-15 is not a bad season for Kopitar (overall so far), but on the flip side its' not a good season for him either.

Last edited:

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
It's a miracle guys, Burrows has been healed from that horrific career ending head injury, that somehow moved up from his shoulder. He has saved his family.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
Saw that he was playing tonight, lol. I'm sure he "healed" as soon as the league decided that they were going to leave TT alone.

Yet Stoll is still injured...

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
How's his neck? Surprised his head didn't fly off and hit Toffoli from that head snap. That would have been scary. Toffoli could've gotten injured.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Kopitar had a career year under Murray and Sutter. Muzzin is having a career year under Sutter, Doughty had a career year under Murray, Doughty may post 40 assists again this year (that's high for him).

Trevor Lewis/Kyle Clifford(maybe Nolan as well) career years this year most likely for production. Toffoli/Pearson breakout years under Sutter.

Sutter didn't make Kopitar/Brown production fall this season. Which is killing the Kings right now.

Again like it is every year, The coaches don't make the players not attack the net.

It's punishing to go into the blue paint, it's why guys like Gabo, Williams have been injured so much in their careers. You have to be willing to pay the price.

It's the same deal with the PP, everyone thought Kompon was the problem. Chicago's PP looks fine with Kompon coaching it.

It's the players, and their willingness to pay the price to score goals. Defense and Goalies are too good in the NHL to get beat from the outside consistently. You have to pay the price, the coaches can't get on the ice, and do it for the players.

Sutter and Stevens just about every single Kings game "We have to get more pucks deep, and take it to the net"

How about also getting shots through and on the net? There was one shift last night in the 2nd I believe, the Kings had total control for a good 2 min, with Van on their heels and got 7 shots blocked, not a single shot got through.No need to mention Doughty's 4 fakes then shoot into a shin again.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Gonna do this publicly, since otherwise seems to be pretty futile.

Welcome to the Kings forum, enjoy your stay, unless:

2) Trolling: Do not make posts or threads with the sole intent of starting a dispute. Please note that a person disagreeing with your opinion is NOT trolling. Please keep it civil even if you're sure the other person is wrong. When visiting the team forums, please note that these are fan forums for that team and are here mainly for the enjoyment of that team's fans. Do not visit team forums to cheer against nor demean their team. In other words, if you want to cheer for the Habs and criticize the Bruins, do it on the Habs board. And if someone is doing the opposite on the Bruins board, don't start flaming them to defend the honor of your team. Either ignore it or respectfully disagree and move on. Wishing illness or injury on someone will be regarded as trolling or offensive in most cases. We do not permit any forums to be used to demean/insult the fans of other teams. This is viewed as trolling/flaming. Copying posts from one HFBoard forum to another for this purpose is considered trolling/flaming as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad