1 goal is not enough. Whoulda thunk? VAN 4 LAK 1

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
Who is the Homer RP. I will admit, it is not nearly as bad as I thought when I started reading the comments, but people don't sell head first boarding calls. Stuff happens in Hockey and in this case he will probably get a minor suspension or fine. I don't see any intent on his part, but it was boarding.

Going headfirst into the boards is an accident on his part. The dive was him falling and rolling around after the hit.

In fact after looking at it again his head doesn't even hit the boards. The upper part of his shoulder did.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Who is the Homer RP. I will admit, it is not nearly as bad as I thought when I started reading the comments, but people don't sell head first boarding calls. Stuff happens in Hockey and in this case he will probably get a minor suspension or fine. I don't see any intent on his part, but it was boarding.

Typical main board extremist hyperbole. You would've though Toffoli was Anton Chigurh and Burrows was the sheriff that pulled him over from some of those ridiculous posts. Total garbage. It was a stupid play by Toffoli and a typical production by Burrows. Case closed. A fine and it's over.

Last edited:

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
Nope. Not even a fine if these didn't get one.

I am still dumbfounded that Kreider got away with that one. That could have killed Brodin if his head goes crashing into the boards first and crushes every single vertabrae.

Last edited:

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
He looks at Toffoli and sees him, Toffoli crosschecks him, and he loses an edge (right foot first then left foot) while simultaneously snapping his head back.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
This weird season just continues. I kind of expected some struggles when they decided to bring back some of the guys they did and on top of that Voynov's situation was a disaster, very poor personnel decisions over the summer followed by very poor luck early on have cost the Kings dearly. That being said they should not be behind a team like Calgary, they are still essentially 3 back of Calgary, with a head to head game left so not all hope is lost, but this team just doesn't have the vibe that past Kings teams have had, there is something wrong in that room that goes beyond pure talent issues on the ice. Not saying it's anything major, I trust these core guys but there is just something way off this season, especially when it comes to giving up leads.

I think the Kings bounce back next season, I think a guy like Toffoli may take that next step to a Joe Pavelski level player, McNabb continues his solid second half and becomes a quality #4 defenseman, Pearson returns healthy and continues his progression. Still a lot to be excited about but DL needs to be better this year about cutting loose some of the dead weight.

Last edited:

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
I guess if you can defend Toffoli, it was retaliation for the Burrows punch at the end of the 2nd, just too much. If Burrows gets called, which he should've, Toffoli probably doesn't do that.

Everyone keeps saying punch... Are we talking about the piledrive after one of the Sedin sisters skated in Quick's head? Toff was merely grabbing Burrows, and the dude completely picked him up and WWF'ed him. Even Fox made mention of it.

It was clear Burrows was in Toffoli's skin all game. With refs letting both teams play all game, a reaction by one of the players usually occurs.

While I don't condone the cross check near the boards by Toff, Burrows is still clearly the same biter, I mean player, that he's always been.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Kings had 2 breakaways, Andreoff ruined another 100% chance. Plenty of shooting opportunities but we saw a pass instead.

Canucks played suprisingly well last night too.

Doughty with a dumb "I didnt like what you were doing" slashing penalty halfway the 3rd period with a 1-1 stand.

Toffoli thing.

Together with a good Canucks team, you just had to lose.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Richards may be a defensive liability, but he can outproduce Stoll and Shore combined.

The Kings need production out of any center, someone, anyone, please step up.

I don't care if it's Trevor Lewis, but a King at Center has to start putting the puck on net, and start scoring.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
I don't care if it's Trevor Lewis, but a King at Center has to start putting the puck on net, and start scoring.

Give this man a whistle and a Kings track suit.
This is a complete new view of the game.

Well at least it's more then what Sutter brings to the table.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
You can play around with game results all day long, but those two home games against the Flames where the Kings gave up leads in the 3rd only to lose in OT are sitting pretty big right now.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
I was there, and I swear, Burrows landed on Quick first then baited Tyler a major.

I swear, it's like the Canucks deliberately planned that, just to disable Tyler by virtue of him, being the team's leading SHG scorer.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
No suspension or discipline for Toffoli.

Cue misdirected rage. "Typical Kings fans," "Divin captain Brown," etc.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
No suspension or discipline for Toffoli.

Cue misdirected rage. "Typical Kings fans," "Divin captain Brown," etc.

It's always a pleasure playing the Canucks and seeing the flood of threads and rage the follow every game... :rolleyes:

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
TT goes full-Pejorative Slur, it's not unreasonable to say he cost the team at least 1 point, and no supplemental discipline. Though I can't say because I did not get to see the hit on TV because the cameras were locked on Eddie Lacks face following the breakaway.

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
No Vancouver fan should gripe about diving or ************* while Burrows and Bieska are on that team.

Can't stand that team.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Jon Rosen @lakingsinsider
· 5m 5 minutes ago
Richards skated with Clifford, Williams in first rush. Not putting a ton of stock in rushes, as a few players have cycled through top six.

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
No discipline was the correct decision by the DoPS. The major was enough. Toffoli should learn his lesson from that.

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
Main board is LIVID. So much crying, what a joy to read. Some of them think Toffoli is a dirty player all of a sudden and conspiracy theories have been mentioned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad