1 goal is not enough. Whoulda thunk? VAN 4 LAK 1

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
The Nucks could still lose a couple.
Not giving up hope yet.
They have Jets twice, Hawks, Preds, Blues, and Kings left and some trap games as well.
It would be something on April 6 if that game meant the winner was in and the loser was out.

They could go on a slide sure, but we've been waiting for teams to go on slides all month. Only the Kings seem to do it regularly. 4pt gap is pretty big this late. If not for Cbus, it'd be 6 right now.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Still a lot of games left, if you can believe that.

Kopitar, unfortunately needs to start putting the puck in the net. That means shooting the puck.

The Kings passed their way out of Five scoring chances today (what I counted).

That is not going to win games.

His shot total this season is pathetic. I have little faith in Kopitar becoming a goal scoring machine over the next 4 weeks.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
The Nucks could still lose a couple.
Not giving up hope yet.
They have Jets twice, Hawks, Preds, Blues, and Kings left and some trap games as well.
It would be something on April 6 if that game meant the winner was in and the loser was out.

I think if you gave most people that option on here, they would gladly take it considering the predicament this team has put itself in heading out on a lenghty road trip.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
His shot total this season is pathetic. I have little faith in Kopitar becoming a goal scoring machine over the next 4 weeks.

Sadly Kopitar doesn't even need to become a goal scoring machine. He simply needs to become a threat to score.

Defenders are sagging off him (Heavy) knowing he is going to pass the puck.

Kopitar simply needs to take charge in the Offensive zone. Threaten more, get the D to attack him, then those scoring lanes will open up.

Unfortunately the Kings need Kopitar to shoot more for that to happen.

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
Bash Kings thread on the main boards has appeared...

Let's count how many times classless and Brown are mentioned.

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
Still a lot of games left, if you can believe that.

Kopitar, unfortunately needs to start putting the puck in the net. That means shooting the puck.

The Kings passed their way out of Five scoring chances today (what I counted).

That is not going to win games.

I see the Kings had the puck within 5-10 feet within the net either behind or either side of the net with the D and goalie scrambling, but passed it out into the points. Guess what happens? Shot gets blocked!

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Its maddening to see the team not get up for one of the biggest games of the year. We don't deserve to make the playoffs playing like this

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Kopitar is a minus Five in the last two games. Those are losses when it happens.

Needs to up his game.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
Bash Kings thread on the main boards has appeared...

Let's count how many times classless and Brown are mentioned.

No one on the main board wants us to make the playoffs, not surprising. 3 years and 2 cups made us take the most hated crown from the Canucks.

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
I don't care if people don't want us making the playoffs. Of course they don't. Just think it's hilarious that Canucks fans label Brown as a diver.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Another thing I noticed is, the Center depth is shot. Shore is ok, but he is just treading water to be honest.

The Kings need a miracle from Stoll/Richards to right the middle of the ice.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Burrows went down easy, but Toffoli needs to be smarter and can't put himself in that position. He will probably get a game since he's not a repeat offender.

Agreed. it's an unpopular opinion, but Burrows knew what was happening. Still a dirty, dangerous play, and can't get sucked into that, but he knew.

3 blown leads the last 4 games. This team does not deserve to make the playoffs.

I think we're just out of gas. It explains why we always look good in the first, sometimes in the second, and falla part in the third.

Kings needed a point, o well kinda how the season is going.

The Road trip needs to eek out 7 or 8 of 10 points. That probably only keeps the Kings afloat.

8 of 10 is a pipe dream but would set us up nicely for the last handful. Less than that and we'll have to basically win out.

I don't feel good about it after today's game not because we lost but because I think we're just toast. It's not effort or heart, it's just the wall. Sucks.

We will add youth and depth and have an even stronger team than this year, not worried about that the way I used to be. I'd love to see these guys pull off something special, but not keeping my hopes up. Just hang on and enjoy the ride.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
A retool for next season wouldn't be the end of the world. Making the playoffs and winning a round or two might make the loyalist Lombardi re-sign Stoll, barf.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Kopitar is a minus Five in the last two games. Those are losses when it happens.

Needs to up his game.

Sorry to say, it doesn't look like Kopitar has it in him this year to do that.

Without a fairly dominant Kopitar the Kings are not going far, even if they get in the playoffs.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I don't even think the Kings players are tired. They simply are older and the league around them got better, younger.

The roster also has glaring holes. Center depth is shot, still haven't replaced Mitchell/Slava. Sekera is not better than Slava.

Missing a top six winger in (Pearson).

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
A retool for next season wouldn't be the end of the world. Making the playoffs and winning a round or two might make the loyalist Lombardi re-sign Stoll, barf.

I think Lombardi does it anyway, barring anything major, like Stoll retiring due to health concerns. Loyal to a fault.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

I seriously doubt that happens after his comment regarding "players are commodities" after Richards was sent down.

I don't think Williams and Stoll will be back next season. Those two guys have been warriors for the Kings, but it's time to move on with some younger blood.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Doughty was awful tonight and has played inconsistently for quite a bit now. Same goes for Muzzin. Can't have that with the two dmen who get the most touches with the puck. They're both making soft plays that have resulted in quality chances and goals for the opposing team.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The penalty was obviously huge, but deserved. Just better hope that it's not the 1 point they needed. Calgary has a road trip coming up, too. Kings will still get in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad