1 goal is not enough. Whoulda thunk? VAN 4 LAK 1

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
TT goes full-Pejorative Slur, it's not unreasonable to say he cost the team at least 1 point, and no supplemental discipline. Though I can't say because I did not get to see the hit on TV because the cameras were locked on Eddie Lacks face following the breakaway.

Doughty cost the game.... in a tie game he tries to skate through 4 guys... gets pissed that he loses the puck and gets a slashing call for breaking a Canucks stick in the offensive zone.

This weird season just continues. I kind of expected some struggles when they decided to bring back some of the guys they did and on top of that Voynov's situation was a disaster, very poor personnel decisions over the summer followed by very poor luck early on have cost the Kings dearly. That being said they should not be behind a team like Calgary, they are still essentially 3 back of Calgary, with a head to head game left so not all hope is lost, but this team just doesn't have the vibe that past Kings teams have had, there is something wrong in that room that goes beyond pure talent issues on the ice. Not saying it's anything major, I trust these core guys but there is just something way off this season, especially when it comes to giving up leads.

I think the Kings bounce back next season, I think a guy like Toffoli may take that next step to a Joe Pavelski level player, McNabb continues his solid second half and becomes a quality #4 defenseman, Pearson returns healthy and continues his progression. Still a lot to be excited about but DL needs to be better this year about cutting loose some of the dead weight.

Every team has their injuries/set backs during the year. This year was blown on the worst OT/Shootout record in the league. That was easily fixable... Part of that is also the fact that the Kings are bad 4v4... Another place I look is the record vs Calgary... Kings have struggled with Calgary going back to last year as well... Sutter needs to find a way to get a win vs that team....

Dealing with any one of those issues probably has the Kings into a playoff spot.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Main board is LIVID. So much crying, what a joy to read. Some of them think Toffoli is a dirty player all of a sudden and conspiracy theories have been mentioned.

The hyperbole is ridiculous.

Absolutely no place in the game for those plays! Shameful player!

Brutal hit! He drove him into the boards!

Toffoli is such a dirty player it's ridiculous!

If Kassian does that he gets 10+ games! Ridiculous!!!

I legitimately felt nauseous watching that hit last night. I genuinely thought that was going to be a career ending injury.This is one of the worst non-suspensions in league history.

All of this stuff should be an auto 20 games.

I can't believe people are defending Toffoli here... never change HFboards, never change.

It's obvious a suspension would have hindered the playoff chances of L.A. Uncle Gary simply did not want to risk Los Angeles not making the playoffs.
Didn't realize Yandle posted on here.

Ron*

Posted on the other thread, posted here for clarification from the NHL.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Much ******** on the main board. But it makes sense why he wasn't suspended. We lost the game and Burrows came back unscathed. Pretty simple...

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
Burrows is a dirty rat of a player that I have zero respect for. If he is truly injured, that sucks. But with the dirty game he plays, it's not a shock that it caught up to him.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Give this man a whistle and a Kings track suit.
This is a complete new view of the game.

Well at least it's more then what Sutter brings to the table.

You think Sutter likes it when Kopitar takes a skate around the boards in the offensive zone and doesn't take the puck to the net?

Why is it when the players don't do their jobs you assume that they are following the coach's instruction?

Last edited:

13elieve

Jul 12, 2010
Sucks for him and your team, but that's his fault. Make an attempt to brace yourself and don't snap your head. Toffoli was penalized, the GWG was scored, and you won.

Issues like this transcend beyond winning and losing. Burrows has a family, kids, etc. These hits should be kept outside of the game. They have the potential to ruin lives and the impact is far greater than one game. Not sure how you think it's his fault but I don't want to troll.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Issues like this transcend beyond winning and losing. Burrows has a family, kids, etc. These hits should be kept outside of the game. They have the potential to ruin lives and the impact is far greater than one game. Not sure how you think it's his fault but I don't want to troll.

Didn't he knee Quick in the head?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Funny how little 'life after hockey' outrage there is for Stoll, who may have had his career ended on a cheap shot from a cheap shot artist, vs. a player who came back after getting a hit from a non-dirty player.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
Would Canucks fans feel just as angry if Brown got injured? Somebody who also has a history of diving/embellishing and crossing the line?

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014

I didn't say what should or shouldn't happen to him or his family (really? :shakehead). I think he dove and injured himself, that's it. Why the hell would you think I want him to be injured? Of course those hits shouldn't happen.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
Funny how little 'life after hockey' outrage there is for Stoll, who may have had his career ended on a cheap shot from a cheap shot artist, vs. a player who came back after getting a hit from a non-dirty player.

No main board thread and outrage on that though. Also no penalty, fine, suspension or call from the league either. But let's talk about the monster that is Toffoli. :shakehead

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah

It's funny I was thinking the same thing this morning.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Main board is LIVID. So much crying, what a joy to read. Some of them think Toffoli is a dirty player all of a sudden and conspiracy theories have been mentioned.

wahmbulance.jpg

13elieve

Jul 12, 2010
I didn't say what should or shouldn't happen to him or his family (really? :shakehead). I think he dove and injured himself, that's it. Why the hell would you think I want him to be injured? Of course those hits shouldn't happen.

Well you kind of made it seem like Burrows potentially ruining his career/life is equal to winning a hockey game. Don't think I can convince you that he didn't dive but it's like saying that when someone pushes you into traffic, your first reaction is to dive head first into a car so you can sue them afterwards. Burrows isn't going to risk his life in an attempt to draw a penalty.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
Well you kind of made it seem like Burrows potentially ruining his career/life is equal to winning a hockey game. Don't think I can convince you that he didn't dive but it's like saying that when someone pushes you into traffic, your first reaction is to dive head first into a car so you can sue them afterwards. Burrows isn't going to risk his life in an attempt to draw a penalty.

How do you feel about what Dorsett did to Stoll? He hasn't returned at all from the hit and his career may be over. What about Stoll's family and life outside of hockey? Any outrage over the fact nothing was done to Dorsett, not even a penalty? Please comment on this.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
You think Sutter likes it when Kopitar takes a skate around the boards in the offensive zone and doesn't take the puck to the net?

Why is it when the players don't do their jobs you assume that they are following the coach's instruction?

How many times has Sutter said take the puck to the net, crash it, and good things will happen? I've lost count. Kopitar not scoring is his fault. Same applies to everyone else.

The usual "he has a family and kids" card. I don't care if he has a family and kids, that doesn't make a difference. Everyone has a family and loved ones. Don't bring that up. Most hackneyed excuse on this site.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad