Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
I have mentioned this too, the Bruins will have to make some tough decisions in the off-season. In my opinion they will roll with the big 3 on D of McAvoy, Lindholm and Carlo. Clifton will not be resigned and the likes of Gryz and/or Forbert may have to be sacrified in order for the Bruins to get cap compliant.
I think Clifton gets resigned, especially if the price is right.

Reactions: Gordoff

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I am curious what prospects on D you think can replace Carlo?

The context of the question pertained to Horvat trade rumours. So my response I'm sure will taken out of context. I'm also a fan of Carlo.

What I said was find a UFA replacement for Carlo for this playoff run. Future prospects include Lohrei, Brunet, Gallagher, Mast...

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Garland would’ve been nice a season or two ago while the Debrusk situation was sorting itself out, but at this point there’s really no where for him to play.

Bruins wing situation is one of their strengths now and going forward. I’m a fan of Garland, but that ship has sailed IMO

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
The holes that have always been there have been exposed, they need to add a top 4 D that hits with size, a top 9 forward with size who will drive the net and some additional speed in the bottom 6 would be nice.

How big these holes are I am sure will lead to what Sweeney does, if it's Schenn and Bjugstad or bigger names will determine how he feels about the team and if it was the team that rolled along at the start or the team struggling now.

I would be good with Schenn and Bjugstad along with a Kolesar/Jeannot to replace Greer. I think the offense will be fine with some tweaks to the fourth line. I still worry about lack of aggression on D with Grizz and Carlo.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
The holes that have always been there have been exposed, they need to add a top 4 D that hits with size, a top 9 forward with size who will drive the net and some additional speed in the bottom 6 would be nice.

How big these holes are I am sure will lead to what Sweeney does, if it's Schenn and Bjugstad or bigger names will determine how he feels about the team and if it was the team that rolled along at the start or the team struggling now.

I would be good with Schenn and Bjugstad along with a Kolesar/Jeannot to replace Greer. I think the offense will be fine with some tweaks to the fourth line. I still worry about lack of aggression on D with Grizz and Carlo.
Schenn is not a top 4 defenseman so if that’s the need then look elsewhere.

RatKing

Jan 26, 2023
One name I haven’t seen or heard a lot here is Boone Jenner, maybe there’s a reason for this I’m unaware of, would he be a fit for the fourth line? Will be making 3.75 mill a year through 25-26 so that could be an issue, I haven’t watched him much this year so not sure if there’s been a decline. I have liked his game in years past though.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
This 100%.

Carolina will be adding at the TDL. Boston the last 5 games in Carolina have been borderline non-competitive.

Anyone thinking this team is similar to the 2019 and 2020 Carolina teams needs to open their eyes. Those teams had Mrazek and
Mcilhiney in net. In addition Svechnikov & Aho were 19\20 and
21\22.

Chara also put Svechnikov out of the 2020 PO.

Carolina has the pieces to absolutely make it to the SCF and as we saw last year is dominant at home going 7-1. Too much talent to
continue to put up goose eggs on the road.

Bruins need to hold the #1 spot and make needed adds at deadline.
Yea read another thing today saying Bruins sniffing on Schenn and Devils hot for Boeser for Holtz trade but Devils want Nuck's to retain 30% so they want another asset to do so.That is holding that up.Demko to Kings maybe to I read.All depends on source I guess.

Reactions: Gordoff

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
One name I haven’t seen or heard a lot here is Boone Jenner, maybe there’s a reason for this I’m unaware of, would he be a fit for the fourth line? Will be making 3.75 mill a year through 25-26 so that could be an issue, I haven’t watched him much this year so not sure if there’s been a decline. I have liked his game in years past though.
if I`m the B`s, I push for Gavrikov for back end before Jenner

RatKing

Jan 26, 2023
I’d like him too, but just worried about what the cost might be. Unsure of what Jenner would cost too.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Did he consider why the Bruins would want to do that? I have serious doubts about Lysell, but you don't trade him for older short-term guys. Btw Noel fits our needs like a glove, but I think he is about a year into a decline.

I think the Bruins would like to add a great player like O'Reilly while unloading a bunch of crap and one decent prospect.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I think the Bruins would like to add a great player like O'Reilly while unloading a bunch of crap and one decent prospect.
Fair enough. If you care to see my "discussion " about ROR on the trade board. I really think he is breaking down. However as usual, I am in the minority. Also, as usual, pretty sure I am right.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
yeah Carolina, despite their lofty position in the standings, is somehow flying under the radar as a heavy contender - maybe in part because of the record breaking season the bruins are having, which I bet the canes absolutely love

it's got danger written all over it
I think the canes have more expected goals than the bruins which some people think is an indicator of future performance

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Why is Toews a turtle?

Responses from Hawk fans regarding Toews speed...It's noted in a number of articles. Most recent is Toews has been dropped from 2nd line center to 3rd line on a terrible Hawks team.

Yeah he looks super slow out there. Also makes some boneheaded decisions with the puck. Probably can’t process the game as fast as he used to.

I'd say his energy/stamina. Always looks physically and mentally fatigued.

Lost his quickness and straight line speed. Still very capable 3rd line center. Plays a veteran game still producing.​

Hes scoring at the same clip as Kirby Dach, Dawson Mercer, Pageau, Tatar etc..​

What he has lost...

He has lost a step.
The days of him deeking out a player and scoring on a wrist shot in the slot are over.
He can get walked from time to time and a player can go past him. (Doesn't happen often though)
His stamina has been cut in half.
He is not a danger to score unless he is 5 feet from the crease.

What he has kept.

Best FO man in the league.
He is still good along the boards.
His passing ability and IQ to set up others.
He tends to score his goals from in close. Ex - shot passes off his stick, tipping in point shots or getting a greasy rebound.

He's a perfect 3rd line center for any playoff team and can play 2nd line if there is an injury.

Its hard to say whether Toews has actually lost a step or not because he doesn't even try to skate hard on 95% of his shifts. His stamina is so bad he would gas immediately if he skated hard or battled in the corners like he used to

Reactions: ON3M4N and TCB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad