Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
He fits the need for center and dude works his arse off. Not to mention awesome on PK. Averages 54% at the dot.

$5 is actually really good.

Forgot about RH Stralman.

I'm not concerned so much about a dman .. I'm more concerned with speed / goals from the forwards.

Yes totally agreed. No way bruins get past Hurricanes with Pageau on Canes.
Disagree. He's a 30 year old 40-45 point center. I'd love him low in the lineup for a playoff run. In no way, shape, or form would I want him for 3 more years at $5M per year.
Pageau.png

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
There's a 50% chance that the player picked in the late first even plays 100 NHL games over their career. 35% chance if they are an early 2nd. That's not chance of being an impact player, that's just playing in at least 100 games total before they retire.

If that first gives you a 100% chance at an impact player who could help put your team over the top when they are having a historic season like that you take it.

Period.
I dont like mortgaging the future period. Tampa had a historic run too winning the president trophy etc only to go down in flames. Our team is solid I would add some old vet and not pay heavy for him. Toews for a 2nd and maybe a meh prospect like koopenan I'm in. Anything around a 1st lohrei etc seeya.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Pageau or Meier for this fan! How would you like to see Meier playing for the Leafs?

Elliotte Friedman brought up the possibility that Toronto adds Meier for the playoffs and flips him in the summer for assets. It wouldn't be quite as many assets back as they would have to give up, but they could then find a team that Meier is willing to sign with long-term. The Maple Leafs don't have the cap space available to give him anywhere close to what he wants on his next contract.

Meier is the perfect type of player for the playoffs. He plays a hard and physical game combined with a shoot-first mentality that transfers to a lot of goals. The Maple Leafs are looking for a top-six forward and Meier is their best option. With his RFA status, there is a lot less risk in acquiring him than there has been for rentals at past deadlines. The team also has the best opportunity to add a player of this calibre for the first time in a long time. They are going to need something to push them over the top to beat the once again powerhouse teams in their division.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Forgot about RH Stralman.

I'm not concerned so much about a dman .. I'm more concerned with speed / goals from the forwards.

They need one more scoring winger, ideally a right-shot as both Debrusk and Frederic are lefties playing their off-wing. That would be my main target.

After that I'd be looking at a depth left-shot defender depending on how things shake up with Reilly and Zboril as we approach the deadline. Gyrz's durability is always concerning for me.

I'm good with what they have at LW, C, RD and G.

I'd take Toews if they can fit his cap hit in (debatable), but I ain't paying the Hawks much for him. If his list of teams to go is limited, I'd go as high as a 3rd rounder for a rental Toews. No way do I spend a 1st or 2nd on him.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Pageau or Meier for this fan! How would you like to see Meier playing for the Leafs?
Meier would be great, pass on Pageau. He’s like Coyle, good 3C but if he’s in you’re top 6 you’re probably not a contender. Not a guy we should be committing 15mil to over the next 3 seasons.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I dont like mortgaging the future period. Tampa had a historic run too winning the president trophy etc only to go down in flames. Our team is solid I would add some old vet and not pay heavy for him. Toews for a 2nd and maybe a meh prospect like koopenan I'm in. Anything around a 1st lohrei etc seeya.
Sweeney Krejci Bergeron "bonus 2023/2024" did not randomly come together for shits and giggles ... this is a big push for a cup. They better be mortgaging something for a final big cup run. This team has been unbelievable. Gotta go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad