Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I coached for years and hated when people said it was a useless stat. I get it, you can get minused when you did nothing wrong. True for a shift, a game, 10 games perhaps, perhaps not, it depends. But as time increases, like any statistic, it becomes more accurate. If a player separates himself, one way the other, by a wide margin no one can say its meaningless.
I love this post. I lost my ability to say it the other way.

Reactions: mjhfb

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I coached for years and hated when people said it was a useless stat. I get it, you can get minused when you did nothing wrong. True for a shift, a game, 10 games perhaps, perhaps not, it depends. But as time increases, like any statistic, it becomes more accurate. If a player separates himself, one way the other, by a wide margin no one can say its meaningless.
Connor McDavid is a +4 this year. And he’s not on a bad team.

• Wow
Reactions: 22Brad Park

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
58EE40A4-A98D-47B4-ABC0-93083E2D5D3E.jpeg

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Take a look at the top 30 +/- leaders. What you see are responsible players at both ends of the rink.
Who play for good teams.

Nick Suzuki is -16.
Aaron Ekblad -15.
Timo Meier -13.
Thomas Chabot -12.
Kris Letang -12.
Tomas Hertl -9.
Nazeem Kadri -8.
Vincent Trochek -7.

Cale Makar is a +7. Timothy Liljegren is a +22. Colin Miller is a +20.

Anze Kopitar is a +2. Michael Bunting is a +19.

Elias Lindholm is a +3. Jeff Skinner is a +15.

It's a pretty bad comparative stat.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Just passing thru to see what B fans think will be plans now that Horvat trade has hopefully kickstarted some market moves in coming weeks

I don't think Chicago is adding to take Reilly.

I think Bruins are adding for Chicago to take him.
Totally agree. That said, they’d need a LD if McCabe gets dealt and he’d be a decent stopgap for them.

If Hawks trade with Bruins Reilly is probably coming back for cap reasons. He would be likely buyout candidate for Hawks in offseason potentially or just one year stopgap on LD. If McCabe is traded then its likely Reilly would finish out his final year with Hawks as warm body vet

Hawks have 41M+ in cap room as of now for next year so I expect them to utilize some of that to gain assets for rebuild by taking on guys with 1 yr left on deal from cash strapped teams (A Zaitsev in Ottawa for example as possible target)

To Anh : Toewes 50% retained (5.25 million), Lysell + Reilly
To Boston: Toewes 50% retained (2.625) + Klingberg 50% retained (3.5)
To Chicago: Beecher +5th round pick

Why on earth would Hawks retain 50% on Toews and trade him to Boston for a 5th round pick?

Beecher looks to have no NHL upside at this point. It's very clear he was far from worth investing a 1st round pick on and is soon to be 22 years old with so little shown to justify the investment from Bruins at this point.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Just passing thru to see what B fans think will be plans now that Horvat trade has hopefully kickstarted some market moves in coming weeks

If Hawks trade with Bruins Reilly is probably coming back for cap reasons. He would be likely buyout candidate for Hawks in offseason potentially or just one year stopgap on LD. If McCabe is traded then its likely Reilly would finish out his final year with Hawks as warm body vet

Hawks have 41M+ in cap room as of now for next year so I expect them to utilize some of that to gain assets for rebuild by taking on guys with 1 yr left on deal from cash strapped teams (A Zaitsev in Ottawa for example as possible target)

Why on earth would Hawks retain 50% on Toews and trade him to Boston for a 5th round pick?

Beecher looks to have no NHL upside at this point. It's very clear he was far from worth investing a 1st round pick on and is soon to be 22 years old with so little shown to justify the investment from Bruins at this point.

How are Ducks walking away with actual prospect in this deal?
Look on the bright side. You guys aren't selling off your best prospect for Klingberg's corpse.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Not sure if this is under the radar, but I think replacing Gryz with a guy like Gavrikov from Columbus would be a good playoff move. Maybe use Gryz for assets for a bottom six upgrade.

Biggest thing this team needs is for the current second and third lines to produce against the top teams in the playoffs. A healthy Debrusk probably solves that by slotting everyone down

Reactions: bbfan419

vinnyboombatz

Mar 19, 2014
Let me start by saying that I do not hate Grzelcyk. I do not hate any Bruins players.

But, he's been a minus in every post-season he's played in, for a combined -18. Of the Bruins top 6 defensemen, the only other career post-season negative is Forbort at -3.

Now I know +/- is not a perfect stat, but that's quite significant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad