Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Emily Kaplan reported on The Point that Sweeney doesn’t want to spend big on rentals and that he wants players with term.

Friedman report on 32 Thoughts that he really thinks we’re gonna go for a LHD upgrade.

Putting the puzzle pieces together kinda points towards Chychrun, right? Only guy I can think of that satisfies both.

Jake McCabe makes sense for you guys if that is case.

McCabe name has been cropping up in trade speculation the last month.

He has 2 yrs left at $4M AAV going forward so a team that acquires him is looking at having him for 3 playoff runs potentially.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
This 100%.

Carolina will be adding at the TDL. Boston the last 5 games in Carolina have been borderline non-competitive.

Anyone thinking this team is similar to the 2019 and 2020 Carolina teams needs to open their eyes. Those teams had Mrazek and
Mcilhiney in net. In addition Svechnikov & Aho were 19\20 and
21\22.

Chara also put Svechnikov out of the 2020 PO.

Carolina has the pieces to absolutely make it to the SCF and as we saw last year is dominant at home going 7-1. Too much talent to
continue to put up goose eggs on the road.

Bruins need to hold the #1 spot and make needed adds at deadline.
Agree 100% They may not have the strongest centers on paper, but they have some speed up the middle which is our Achilies heel, I think

Last edited:

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire

He has 2 yrs left at $4M AAV going forward so a team that acquires him is looking at having him for 3 playoff runs potentially.
One stop shopping is sweeny’s specialty, but…. LHD??? They’ve got two extra and one is in providence

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

Agree 100% They may not have the strongest centers on paper, but they have some speed up the middle which is Achilies heel, I think
Staal is a horse and shuts Bergeron down. Aho though not big, has great skating ability and has high hockey IQ. I will take KK over Nosek any day at 4C.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Emily Kaplan reported on The Point that Sweeney doesn’t want to spend big on rentals and that he wants players with term.

Friedman report on 32 Thoughts that he really thinks we’re gonna go for a LHD upgrade.

Putting the puzzle pieces together kinda points towards Chychrun, right? Only guy I can think of that satisfies both.
Kaplan has always struck me as very reliable. I hope so as Sweeney should be looking for a gfin move that includes the future

Reactions: bbfan419

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Toews can also play LW if needed for the record if you acquired him

So if you need a top 9 LW option you could put Toews there and have him take faceoffs (His biggest strength)

I wouldn't say he has lost step but a half step would be fair. He doesn't have the speed burst up ice offensively he once had but getting back defensively, etc hasn't been issue IMO

Overall one thing that has sunk Toews and Kane in production is the failure of several of the guys who have been around them. Anathasou for instance just an absolute pile of suck along with a few others who continually f*** up or fail to get off quality chances setup by T/K

Kane especially has lost a chunk of should have been assists this year because AA can do nothing but skate fast. The guy blows and has no hockey sense who manages to take beautiful Kane passes with open net in front of him and flub the puck or miss net routinely

Toews and rest of Hawks also seem to be affected by Mrazek and his back breaking awful goals. So many times Hawks get a goal just for him to give it right back or for games that should be close to become blowouts/one sided quickly because of Mrazek poor play

That game vs Seattle in which Mrazek allowed 4 goals on first 5 shots is recent example of this.

Toews would be a great #3C acquisition who can still play #2C IMO. His days as #1C are gone through and not coming back

I would love Kane/Toews to retire as Hawks but both deserve to move on if they desire to contenders. Toews especially seems to be one who more wants to move on. Kane on other hand seems to enjoy playing around kids in lineup and content with rebuild situation.
What about for 4C? Could he pull it together to have 70% DZone starts?

One stop shopping is sweeny’s specialty, but…. LHD??? They’ve got two extra and one is in providence
Going to need 8D for a deep run. Not sure we want to roll with Zboril/Reilly/Stralman. Going to have to pay to get at least one.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Kaplan has always struck me as very reliable. I hope so as Sweeney should be looking for a gfin move that includes the future
Not only that he can play RD also. So he gives insurance if Lindholm or McAvoy get hurt. He also makes like $4.8M.

You would think he will cost Carlo, Lysell and '23 #1. If Carlo didn't have concussion issues no way would I do it because Chychrun has his own injury history. However if its all in this year, I would be tempted.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Not only that he can play RD also. So he gives insurance if Lindholm or McAvoy get hurt. He also makes like $4.8M.

You would think he will cost Carlo, Lysell and '23 #1. If Carlo didn't have concussion issues no way would I do it because Chychrun has his own injury history. However if its all in this year, I would be tempted.
My hope is he is looking at a center. I am not as high on Chychrun as you, but you make a good case.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Spending all that I rather Chychrun.Just my 2 cents

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I wouldn’t trade our team or situation right now for anyone. We’ve got Center issues looming but that’s largely for another day. That’s a big turnaround for me from off season when I was HOT on B’s management for Center future. Amazing what a great team can do. Mea Culpa.

That said, if I couldn’t be the 2022/23 Boston Bruins I’d love to be a team that sucks (Bedard Bingo) with some cap space. One or two teams will do very well for themselves over next month or so.

MerlotLineFan

Jan 10, 2023
A name I have not seen mentioned here even though many people have talked about bringing in a RD and who has been mentioned as being available is Matt Roy from the Kings. I was watching him today play against Carolina and they did not get anything by him. He was where he was supposed to be. He only blocked a couple of shots and got one hit, so he may not be physical enough for some posters here, but he handles his side of the ice well. I have no idea what the compensation would be, but he could slot into the second pair and he would give us a third RD under contract next season.

Reactions: TCB and Gordoff

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019

This tells me they are just throwing darts because it doesn’t check out from a practicality standpoint.

The Bruins are already spending nearly $29 million in cap on their defense. There is simply no way they are looking to allocate even more of this sparse cap space to yet another top end defender going forward. You could make the argument that they could subtract a salary and replace it with a new body, but why would they do that right now? With the team playing the way it is.

The Bruins are also extremely tight lipped on these things. So it’s not coming from them. Someone else may be leaking this info out, but it doesn’t make any sense.

As I mentioned above, these are assumptions/educated guesses. I doubt there is any real validity to it. They’ve got a job to do which is to “report” these things.

I believe they had interest in Chychrun at one point, but that likely ended when they acquired Lindholm.

They need complimentary depth.

Reactions: Bodit9 and Gordoff

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Don you also wanted to keep Studnicka because he was gonna be our #2 center this year. You also wanted Galchenyuk El cheapo to play center.

I think you fall in love with the wrong players far too often.

It's a year you go for it. Not a year you hold onto the next senyshyn/Knight/Studnicka/etc. Just in case they end up something when the team is on the downswing.
Or wheeler. I’m ok with that but we need to win it all. Problem is no one can guarantee it.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Sorry it's not all about points. Besides isn't 41st about where a low end second liner should sit. Also, even a two-bit operation like Arizona would have given some thought to keeping him if he wowed them. Vancouver may want to buy him out.....that does not happen unless there is a major problem.

If he was 41st among RW's then it'd be a high 2nd liner. This is among ALL NHLers though. ARZ will only pay when they think someone is a franchise player and very few players are franchise at that level.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
depends on how much.
hes our hits and blocks leader at the moment. I will wait and see how his playoffs go before Id make a decision on that.
I would absolutely bring him back anywhere between 2-3M. Sweeney gave Reilly and Forbort $3M\3. I would buyout Reilly to keep Clifton
at $2.5M.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Jake McCabe isn't a everyday player on the Bruins.

And I can't see how a Jake McCabe coming in and learning the Bruins system would be more effective than the LD they already have in Gryz and Forbort.

No disrespect. I'd say the exact same thing about Luke Schenn and the right-side of the D. People keep clamoring for him but I don't see a late-season acquisition of a Luke Schenn as an upgrade to the everyday group they currently have.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I would absolutely bring him back anywhere between 2-3M. Sweeney gave Reilly and Forbort $3M\3. I would buyout Reilly to keep Clifton
at $2.5M.
YOU KEEP FORGETTING no buyout halfway through a season..... that's why Reilly was not claimed twice and it sounds like they want to add pieces to dump that contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad