Speculation: ‘20-21 Trade/Free Agency Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Devils would not touch that deal. The Henrique deal is a lot worse than Subbans due to term and you’re trying to offload another bad contract in Shattenkirk while gaining a useful piece in Wood. Heinen probably wouldn’t move the needle for them either.

Not going to happen.

Shattenkirk's deal is bad in the same sense that Hagelin's was one no one would touch according to everyone here.

Anyway, the Devils were one of few teams who could outright claim Rico so I imagine they aren't interested in a trade, although getting out of PK's $6 million signing bonus might make that more plausible. Either way not sure I'd do it and I'm guessing Shattenkirk would veto anyway.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Shattenkirk's deal is bad in the same sense that Hagelin's was one no one would touch according to everyone here.

Anyway, the Devils were one of few teams who could outright claim Rico so I imagine they aren't interested in a trade, although getting out of PK's $6 million signing bonus might make that more plausible. Either way not sure I'd do it and I'm guessing Shattenkirk would veto anyway.

I don’t remember everyone claiming nobody would touch Hagelins deal when he was here (not saying you’re wrong but that is a narrative I don’t remember and I was pretty active here at that time). Hagelin was 27 when he was traded, it was clear there wasn’t a fit here but he was at an age where there was still a good chance he bounced back to his Rangers form.

Shattenkirk on the other hand is 32 and looks slow and checked out. Maybe a stacked team that can shelter him would consider him but with the three years on that deal I can’t see anyone taking him without a sweetener.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
I don’t remember everyone claiming nobody would touch Hagelins deal when he was here (not saying you’re wrong but that is a narrative I don’t remember and I was pretty active here at that time). Hagelin was 27 when he was traded, it was clear there wasn’t a fit here but he was at an age where there was still a good chance he bounced back to his Rangers form.

Shattenkirk on the other hand is 32 and looks slow and checked out. Maybe a stacked team that can shelter him would consider him but with the three years on that deal I can’t see anyone taking him without a sweetener.
Hagelin still had some value. Good PK'er and elite speed. Just didn't pan out as a scorer. As to what value Shattenkirk still has, it would have to be in the locker room, because it isn't on the ice.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

They definitely did and for decent reason. It was a bigger, longer contract and the player in question was struggling a hell of a lot more. Considering Shattenkirk was playing well as recently as four months ago I'm guessing your point about bouncing back doesn't apply the way you think it does. Which is what I'm saying, teams probably don't think he's done and a sub-$4 million contract is an albatross, just as they didn't think it with Hagelin then.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal

Not surprised there's interest, kind of surprised the second year would be a big hold up though. At 3.4 it's more expensive than his cap hit but I wouldn't think its that crazy.

Wouldn't mind something around heinen for virtanen to see if we could unlock some of his physicality. Forwards have gotten a little small and light now.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009

Not surprised there's interest, kind of surprised the second year would be a big hold up though. At 3.4 it's more expensive than his cap hit but I wouldn't think its that crazy.

I believe it's cause then we have to give him a high QO or lose him for nothing.

And we all know how Bob does with RFA contracts. That's something he's really been amazing at.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
If we couldn’t deal with Ritchies work ethic issues and inconsistencies I don’t know why we would be looking to acquire Virtanen. Slightly different skill set (he’s a much better skater but doesn’t have nearly as much vision or play making ability) but only shows up every 10th game or so.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
If we couldn’t deal with Ritchies work ethic issues and inconsistencies I don’t know why we would be looking to acquire Virtanen. Slightly different skill set (he’s a much better skater but doesn’t have nearly as much vision or play making ability) but only shows up every 10th game or so.
Oh I have no illusions of some instant impact, but a trade could open his eyes as it may have ritchie's. It's not like heinen is going to be a core piece either.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Oh I have no illusions of some instant impact, but a trade could open his eyes as it may have ritchie's. It's not like heinen is going to be a core piece either.

I’m not against it, it can’t hurt and has the potential for some reward, I’m just surprised we have had discussions.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Virtanen is a pylon, basically an offensive zone Allen. Zero IQ. I want nothing to do with him, and the moment Bob trades for him I am officially on the fire Murray bandwagon.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
Virtanen screams Barstool Bob.
Team needs offensive fire power
Solution?
Trade for a scrub.

Reactions: Dryish

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Should be packaging a bunch of our middle six forwards and a potential pick or prospect to get a Top line player. Not swap for other underperforming middle six guys. I still think they had a shot at Dubois if Laine wasn't in the picture. Ducks best bet is to keep letting the kids try and grow, like Comtois and Zegras and go after a big name in FA, will have the cap to do it. Have to really clean things up if they are going to try and attract any big names. I mean I am only a frequent visitor but OC seems like a very nice place to live. Expensive, but nice. Especially the shore points. My confidence in Boob is really not very good.

Last edited:

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I am so close to not watching for the rest of the season. Murray has lost it and is gasping for straws. Wish they sent Zegras back down so I could just watch the Gulls.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
All of this stuff with Henrique just so happened to start popping up during the PLD whiff. I’m going out on a whim he was asked to trade or whatever and either felt betrayed or embraced the towel

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Was it ever actually reported that the Ducks tried to trade Henrique, or that they asked him to waive for Columbus? Only thing I read is that they were on his NTC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad