Speculation: ‘20-21 Trade/Free Agency Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Off topic, Claude julien available . We keep struggling , he might be inbound ( along with a new gm) feel like the Samuelis are cut throat businessman, and they might clean house

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Was it ever actually reported that the Ducks tried to trade Henrique, or that they asked him to waive for Columbus? Only thing I read is that they were on his NTC.
No official reports came out that I am aware of but the tweet saying CBJ was on his list. Now, I'm not positive but teams don't keep a list on file so the only way anyone would know if CBJ was on his list is if he was asked for it because of trade talks. At least that is how I see it.

Reactions: Dmang714

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Off topic, Claude julien available . We keep struggling , he might be inbound ( along with a new gm) feel like the Samuelis are cut throat businessman, and they might clean house
I think CJ is likely a lot like RC. defense first coach. I'd be afraid of him doing to Zegras what Boston did to Seguin. Obviously different circumstances as far as the extra curricular activities but Boston really wasn't getting the offense out of him that was expected.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
No official reports came out that I am aware of but the tweet saying CBJ was on his list. Now, I'm not positive but teams don't keep a list on file so the only way anyone would know if CBJ was on his list is if he was asked for it because of trade talks. At least that is how I see it.

I believe they ask at the start of each year for the list but odd that it came out when that kind of thing has never come out here.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I believe they ask at the start of each year for the list but odd that it came out when that kind of thing has never come out here.
Its possible but if teams did that why do we see reports of players being asked for their lists? Maybe I'm confusing the list with being asked to waive.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Its possible but if teams did that why do we see reports of players being asked for their lists? Maybe I'm confusing the list with being asked to waive.
If I was the player, I wouldn't put my list out ahead of time. There's nothing for them to gain from it. There's really no benefit for the team to receive it early either.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
If I was the player, I wouldn't put my list out ahead of time. There's nothing for them to gain from it. There's really no benefit for the team to receive it early either.
That would suggest he was asked because they needed to know for a trade option IMO

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
What do you mean ahead of time? Do you mean when it was reported or when it was submitted? The list has to be submitted by the player at the beginning of the season, I'm sure.

Like some others have speculated, there has to be a reason it came out that CBJ was on his no-trade list. I'd guess it's either because he was asked to waive it, or because he or his agent leaked the information to influence things one way or another.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
What do you mean ahead of time? Do you mean when it was reported or when it was submitted? The list has to be submitted by the player at the beginning of the season, I'm sure.

Like some others have speculated, there has to be a reason it came out that CBJ was on his no-trade list. I'd guess it's either because he was asked to waive it, or because he or his agent leaked the information to influence things one way or another.
Well, what I've found is Ottawa asking 10 players in December, and Rick Nash being asked in February in years past, so it appears they were not submitted at the start of the season. Then I found this: Players with a Modified NTC who were required to submit a "list of trade teams" between Mar 12 and Sept 1, are eligible to update their lists as part of the CBA MOU for this year. So it looks like a few years ago you were asked for them, and now you submit them during a certain period.

Reactions: ADHB

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
If they can't trade Manson or Henrique then they must expose them to the expansion draft. Expose Silf too, no way Seattle wants anything to do with that contract to a declining Silf

This opens 3 protection spots to Jones, Mahura and Milano. Trade Heinen before then, he seems useless.

I see Jones as a low cost middle six option going forward, Mahura is simply better than Larsson and Guhle and who knows maybe he turns into a 37 point guy like Fowler.
Hakanpa > Manson. Resign Hak after the expansion draft

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
how the f*** are you not already on that train?
Cause I saw this season coming a mile away, and I'm fairly sure Bob is going to step down at the end of the season anyway. I have privately wanted a change at the helm, or at least a publicly announced change in direction, for a while now, and while his "retooling on the fly" idea seemed valiant enough at the start I never truly thought we could pull it off. And that was always going to become apparent.

Now remains the question, what will the current regime do? Time for change is ripe, yeah, but I'd be fine seeing things to the end of the season before cleaning house unless Bob royally messes up. And the idea of trading for Virtanen is definitely right up there. The nonsensical "we'll be competing for playoffs" sentiment at the start was already a bad enough sign, but this is downright alarming.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
What can they get in a quantity for quality trade in packaging Terry + Milano + Manson ?
Not only could they get an upgrade but it opens up protection expansion spots to other players.

Would suck to see Terry turn into a bust after they use an protection spot on him in the expansion draft
and we watch Seattle have Jones score 25 goals in his first year with Seattle or Mahura puts up 35 points his first year in Seattle.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
What can they get in a quantity for quality trade in packaging Terry + Milano + Manson ?
Not only could they get an upgrade but it opens up protection expansion spots to other players.

Would suck to see Terry turn into a bust after they use an protection spot on him in the expansion draft
and we watch Seattle have Jones score 25 goals in his first year with Seattle or Mahura puts up 35 points his first year in Seattle.
Mahura definitely needs to be protected. Unless Murray is replaced, I don't see him trading Manson or Terry.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The Keepers:

Gibson, Lindholm, Getzlaf, Fowler, Zegras, Comtois,Rowney, and Drysdale

The Maybe Keepers: (Likely keep unless a really good return happens)

Hakanpaa, Rakell, Mahura,Terry, Milano, Jones, Deslauries

The GTFO....

Steel, Henrique, Silfverberg, Manson, Shattenkirk (Black hole of suckness), Heinen, Larsson, Grant(Very disappointing with this one)

Feel free to come up with your own. I know some may disagree.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
The Keepers:

The GTFO....

Steel, Henrique, Silfverberg, Manson, Shattenkirk (Black hole of suckness), Heinen, Larsson, Grant(Very disappointing with this one)

I'm completely unsold on Terry. I don't care if he makes cute plays that lead to nothing, even great playmakers eventually get other people to score even if they lack finish.
I honestly leaning towards that he's gonna bust. I don't see much confidence out there on the ice and if he can't score he doesn't really bring anything else.

Reactions: duckpuck

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm completely unsold on Terry. I don't care if he makes cute plays that lead to nothing, even great playmakers eventually get other people to score even if they lack finish.
I honestly leaning towards that he's gonna bust. I don't see much confidence out there on the ice and if he can't score he doesn't really bring anything else.

I’m still on the fence with Terry.

I left off Lundestrom because he is only 21 and still needs time not fair to judge him on the limited games but he is trending is the right direction.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
The Keepers:

The GTFO....

Good list, I mostly agree.

If Jones continues to play the way he did in the Coyotes series, he can move from the maybes to the keepers.

Rowney is on IR and a 32 year old UFA after the season. He is a solid 4th liner, but I think the Ducks should move on.

Steel is probably still a maybe for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad