Speculation: ‘20-21 Trade/Free Agency Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Hartikainen said on a local podcast (1h21 and onwards, unfortunately only in Finnish) that he thinks an NHL return wouldn't make sense for him. He doubts his ability to adapt to current NHL speed in his age, plus he likes his current role and contract situation/salary in the KHL.

Another KHL guy to consider is Konstantin Okulov (RW/C). Leading scorer for CSKA, slightly younger than the aforementioned Zhafyarov. Prior to the start of the season, @Caser wrote in his article that he believed Okulov to be a "level above" to Zhafyarov, would be interesting to hear if his opinion has changed during the course of the season.

"Level above" might be not exactly the right way to interpret it, but I always liked Okulov more, yes.

Reactions: Ducks DVM and Opak

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
The Henrique waive could indicate that a deal is coming, any potential players we could be getting ?

Virtanen ? Deangelo ? Bennett ? Someone we don’t know is available ?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
The Henrique waive could indicate that a deal is coming, any potential players we could be getting ?

Virtanen ? Deangelo ? Bennett ? Someone we don’t know is available ?

Virtanen and Bennett would surprise me, young and affordable enough that I just don't think it makes sense to trade them for Rico.

DeAngelo or another more undesirable contract just seems more likely to me. Hope it's not him though, this team is still trying to find it's identity and we don't need that idiot being part of that.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Virtanen and Bennett would surprise me, young and affordable enough that I just don't think it makes sense to trade them for Rico.

DeAngelo or another more undesirable contract just seems more likely to me. Hope it's not him though, this team is still trying to find it's identity and we don't need that idiot being part of that.

Rangers won’t take on a bad contract according to Gorton.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I would absolutely love Debrusk in a Ducks sweater. He was so fun to watch go at it with Kadri in the 2019 playoffs. Would be a perfect Bob player
Bruins fan here, we would be crazy to trade JDB to anyone, he is exactly what every team is looking for a winger with speed, has skill and works his butt off and has a good contract. He has been snake bitten this year should have at least 5 goals.
What is up with Henrique? I have always liked him as a #2 or #3 center, was on pace for 30 goals last year and is good at faceoffs.
Who is he playing with?
The B's and Ducks seem to be good trade partners based on the deals we made last year? I would love to grab Fowler or RR from you guys.
We have lots of depth on dee, with Vaak / Cliffy / Zboril and Lauzon all 25YO or under.
Thanks for Ritchie by the way. He has found his game and we are finally using him correctly as a big body in front of the net on the PP.
He came to camp in better shape and his skating has improved, albeit he is still not fleet a foot.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Bruins fan here, we would be crazy to trade JDB to anyone, he is exactly what every team is looking for a winger with speed, has skill and works his butt off and has a good contract. He has been snake bitten this year should have at least 5 goals.
What is up with Henrique? I have always liked him as a #2 or #3 center, was on pace for 30 goals last year and is good at faceoffs.
Who is he playing with?
The B's and Ducks seem to be good trade partners based on the deals we made last year? I would love to grab Fowler or RR from you guys.
We have lots of depth on dee, with Vaak / Cliffy / Zboril and Lauzon all 25YO or under.
Thanks for Ritchie by the way. He has found his game and we are finally using him correctly as a big body in front of the net on the PP.
He came to camp in better shape and his skating has improved, albeit he is still not fleet a foot.
I do see Boston as a good trade partner for Rakell.... not sure what id want exactly but Rakell seems like a great piece for Boston.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

Kind of funny how this ones turning out. I don't think there's many complaints here, which isn't a whole lot different from a year ago, but for them it's looking like a total stinker on every level. Kase might be done, they wasted capital without upgrading some dearly needed depth scoring and they're not even really using the cap space opened up by moving Backes.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Kind of funny how this ones turning out. I don't think there's many complaints here, which isn't a whole lot different from a year ago, but for them it's looking like a total stinker on every level. Kase might be done, they wasted capital without upgrading some dearly needed depth scoring and they're not even really using the cap space opened up by moving Backes.

Yes, this trade is looking good for Anaheim. Especially because Backes hasn't been worthless. Sucks that the trade is looking one sided 'cos Kase has had injury issues. Always liked him, not fair that some players just go from injury to injury. Ritchie for Heinen trade is looking better for Boston, that evens it up a bit.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Rangers won’t take on a bad contract according to Gorton.
Well the Rangers need a center
And Henriques contract is t great but He can play. We are just a shambles and he is a smart player. Even if he stays, he will probably start producing

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Well the Rangers need a center
And Henriques contract is t great but He can play. We are just a shambles and

Rangers have a decision to make with Strome who is not the long term solution for 2c. There is Chytil who was looking great before he got injured who could hopefully be a 2c If he takes the next step, similar situation with Steel here. Adding Henrique makes no sense when Strome is still there. But they’d want to go younger anyway just like the Ducks.

Reactions: pbgoalie

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
I’m all for keeping Rakell if we think we can resign him. He’s a good compliment for any type of playmaker.

comtois zegras Rakell could be a good line to try out next year or later this year

Seems like a question of contract. If you can sign him at a number below $5M, then makes sense. My sense is Rakell will want to wait and see where the market it.

Issue is will be hard to trade Henrique with that contract, look at Johnson in Tampa. Similar players and both very serviceable just pretty high cap hits with term. Silf has value and can maybe trade for a younger roster player with similar production, other team gets a more experienced vet with playoff experience.

Ducks best bet is to hope Henrique returns to form. I mean less than a year ago Henrique had one of his best seasons on a poor offensive Ducks team, and led the team in goals and points. You just don’t fall off like that unless something is to blame, and well this season has had a number of excuses to point at.

Henrique may never produce like he did last year, but I have a hard time thinking that going forward he's as bad as he's been this year. He doesn't look right and being pushed up the lineup (on a bad ducks team) doesn't help him. I think its likely he's on the ducks at the beginning of 2021-22.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Montour on the block in Buffalo. That’s one deal that no one can complain about. Return wasn’t super amazing, but Montour just never panned out himself. Hopefully Tracey turns into something

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Montour on the block in Buffalo. That’s one deal that no one can complain about. Return wasn’t super amazing, but Montour just never panned out himself. Hopefully Tracey turns into something

Really curious to see what he becomes outside of Buffalo though. They are an absolute train wreck in terms of getting players to play up to their ability/potential.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017

Not surprised. Pending UFA at the end of the year and they have a logjam of RHD.

That’s a deal that still intrigues me in terms of it being a futures trade instead of a hockey trade for someone like Mittelstadt (though we’re not exactly one to unlock hidden potential out of struggling young forwards at the moment) or even a guy like Sam Reinhart

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Can we move Rico back to the Devils?

Rico, Shatty, Heinen = $12.45 million
for
Subban, Wood = $11.75 million

Benefit would be that we would have quicker expiring contracts. Subban's contract is horrible but we would only have him one more year. Maybe Rico and he Devils would want a reunion.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Can we move Rico back to the Devils?

Rico, Shatty, Heinen = $12.45 million
for
Subban, Wood = $11.75 million

Benefit would be that we would have quicker expiring contracts. Subban's contract is horrible but we would only have him one more year. Maybe Rico and he Devils would want a reunion.

Devils would not touch that deal. The Henrique deal is a lot worse than Subbans due to term and you’re trying to offload another bad contract in Shattenkirk while gaining a useful piece in Wood. Heinen probably wouldn’t move the needle for them either.

Not going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad