Rumor: Yzerman scouting Jets

• Thread starter Deleted member 218451
  • Start date

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Losing Sustr would be the biggest addition by subtraction we've had since buying out Matt Carle. And like Carle he'll be out of the league in a couple of years if not right away. Just not an NHL caliber player by any stretch.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Yzerman has one of the sharpest hockey minds in the game. If you are making a deal with him, better make sure you do your homework. He rarely makes bad player evaluations.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
WPG to TBL - Trouba
ARZ to WPG - OEL
TBL to ARZ - Point + prospect + 1st?

Winnipeg sends something back to Arizona, too.
Wot no

Why would we screw up our working offense for a RHD who will push Girardi (who has been good) out of the lineup. And give up a first? This deal doesn't make sense for Tampa.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Okay, so not him. :laugh:

If you guys think Hendricks is worthless, he actually might make the most sense. Because we have a likewise worthless 6'8 defenseman we have been rumored to be trying to move.

lol worthless. That implies he's worth anything.

He's gonna crash and burn as soon as he doesn't have Hedman holding his hand every step of the way.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Only conceivable Trouba deal from Tampa pov would be Dotchin+Raddysh+1st+Cirelli+Cernak+Sustr or some other package of Dotchin+futures. Point and Serg make no sense for Tampa to move.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
considering jets really need to make the playoffs it would need to be a hockey deal

myers+forward for good forward+meh dman

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Only conceivable Trouba deal from Tampa pov would be Dotchin+Raddysh+1st+Cirelli+Cernak+Sustr or some other package of Dotchin+futures. Point and Serg make no sense for Tampa to move.

Quantity for quality rarely works. Can't see the Jets being interested in a package like that unless Trouba puts them over a barrel, and they're a year and a half away from desperation.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

That's really not conceivable, I'm guessing for either side.

If we take a big injury on D, with the trade deadline coming around, MAYBE we'll start shopping for a big name. As of now, we look like the best team in the league. There's no way our uber-cautious GM is going to choose this moment to make a major move.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

That return from the Bolts does absolutely nothing for the Jets. Chevy isn't going to give away a top pairing RHD who is only 23 yrs old for misc pieces and depth prospects.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

broc

Dec 20, 2010
Trouba is not available. And if he was, it would be Serge +.

Uh, no.
A bunch of nickels for one of the premiere young defenceman in the league. Not “conceivable” at all.

Everblades13

May 24, 2016
I could see something like Koekkoek and a 2nd or 3rd for Armia. Even if Koekkoek couldn't crack the lineup immediately, you bet on a change of scenery helping him out. I understand that Armia currently has a role on the team, but maybe they think the drop off from him to whoever they replace him with is worth a talented depth defenseman and a pick.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
That would **** our cap entirely, with Kucherov and Point coming up in '19.

Can't see us trading for Myers unless you're taking $ back, and even then, I'm not sure Myers is enough of an upgrade over what we currently have to justify giving up Foote, who's looked pretty fantastic since we drafted him.

I could see the Jets retaining on Myers if there's some actual cash savings and/or additional value involved in the deal.

They retained on Ladd, but only because Chicago took some buriable dead salary in return and every cap dollar retained on Myers would only cost the Jets less than 60 cents.

That said, he's not a cap dump so that retention would come at a premium.

Reactions: Hunter368

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
maybe but if it was a minor deal, Steve would have just sent one of his scouts. the fact that Steve himself was there tells me that it *could be* a significant trade if one were to happen.
thats true but tbh i don't see what tb needs. maybe a trade will fall through or something

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Trouba is not available. And if he was, it would be Serge +.

Uh, no.
A bunch of nickels for one of the premiere young defenceman in the league. Not “conceivable” at all.
exactly, why I think there is no deal here.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
maybe but if it was a minor deal, Steve would have just sent one of his scouts. the fact that Steve himself was there tells me that it *could be* a significant trade if one were to happen.

I don't think that's true at all. There aren't a lot of GMs more cautious than Steve Yzerman. It's not hard at all to picture him spending significant time scouting for a minor transaction. There were reports of him scouting AHL games last year.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
thats true but tbh i don't see what tb needs. maybe a trade will fall through or something

TB could use a bottom-six forward. Either a 4C or a 3W. My guess is 4C is the more pressing need, and we'd like to send Dumont to the A.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Sounds like Trouba wants to go to a Florida team. His lady goes to Med School in Florida. He just bought a condo in Florida. He spends the off season training there. The rumour before was he wanted to go to an Eastern Conference American Team in a place with a good school for his lady. Sounds like his lady chose Florida. My guess is Trouba might be a Bolt by the draft. I think the Jets will make a deal in the off season rather than during the season. My guess is it's going to be a big package, provided Yzerman likes what he see's.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Sounds like Trouba wants to go to a Florida team. His lady goes to Med School in Florida. He just bought a condo in Florida. He spends the off season training there. The rumour before was he wanted to go to an Eastern Conference American Team in a place with a good school for his lady. Sounds like his lady chose Florida. My guess is Trouba might be a Bolt by the draft. I think the Jets will make a deal in the off season rather than during the season. My guess is it's going to be a big package, provided Yzerman likes what he see's.

Your scenario is pretty shitty for the Jets, depending of course on what the return is.

I'd prefer they just hang on to Trouba for the next three years and change if they can't get another young, top D back.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

It would make sense in the off-season, yeah, something around Johnson, but not now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad