GDT: WCQF GM06 | Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | Fri. May 3rd | 4pm PST | SNP/CBC | On the Road Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
While yes, they're still going to follow the systems put in play by the coaching staff. And Tocchet seems determined to keep the exact same approach and zone entry that hasn't worked consistently in months.

It also feels like the whole system is built around only taking shots they think have a chance to go in over trying to get a dirty goal off a rebound.
We definitely need to add another coach with some experience to help Tocchet. Preferably one with some PP experience as well.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
I think people have to remember that this is all part of the learning curve.

At the beginning of the year we would have been thrilled to get a wildcard spot and take a good team to 6 or 7 games.

Now, I'm not saying that we shouldn't adjust our expectations and want more, but remember that each phase of this season is a learning process for this team.

Petey mentioned that it's an adjustment playing in front of a playoff crowd. I think part of what happens is an adrenaline dump where you try too hard in the wrong direction, and then your legs get heavy.

I'm trying to remind myself that a lot of people express their hope and anxiety through fear and negativity. But it's pretty exhausting reading comment after comment of people just shitting all over the team.

Making absurd comments about Petey being a 'prima-donna' and saying we need to dump him. Or that Tocchet is a bad coach (lol) is just wild.

Like, I'm nervous too, but if you're not having fun, or find it boring, or hate our team given what's going on then perhaps you should become a fan of a different sport. Or just become a true bandwagon fan who cheers for whatever team is doing well that day.
He's not a bad coach, his system is what's keeping the series close even with our offence drying up. But he has to learn too, and there are very simple and very established tactics that he doesn't seem willing to employ so far. Or maybe he doesn't know to use them, which is also concerning.

Reactions: quat

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Luke Gadzic used to be Taylor Hall's enforcer in Edmonton.

Not just on the ice, I mean he would stop Hall from getting his ass kicked while being an absolute pig at every bar their "crew" trashed.

fun gazdic story - my old roommate lowkey resembles rnh. no one would never confuse them side by side, but from far away they're the same build and have similar features.

one night when we were at hall's fav spot in town, some drunken dickheads push through me and a couple others cause they thought it was nuge ordering shots at the bar. out of nowhere, gazdic swoops in and picks up one of the guys approaching by the collar... only to realize he was backing up a rando. haha. the oilers had a private booth and table service - no idea why gazdic wasn't with them. :laugh:

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Like...when Pettersson is actually focused and playing hard, his awareness is so much better than just casually skating away on the breakout causing a turnover behind him without even noticing.

dez

Mar 3, 2012
Great job otf taking advantage of the guy with no stick...

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
That was a nice 2nd effort by Suter. Good offensive zone pressure. More of that and we're bound to get a goal.

Reactions: Dtrain88

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
CutPaste_2024-05-03_17-12-25-264.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad