Rumor: Yzerman scouting Jets

• Thread starter Deleted member 218451
  • Start date

Deleted member 218451

Jets reporters saying Stevie Y was in attendance for both Jets games in Vegas and Phoenix (sorry don't know how to embed the tweet). What would Bolts be looking for? Jets boards figure it is Trouba but not sure how they would fit him in.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

If the Bolts are indeed going for Trouba, it is going to be one expensive acquisition.

My personal opinion, which does not represent anyone but myself, is that excluding the obvious untouchables (91-86-77), there are three options for the basis of the package from Tampa:

a) Sergachev+
b) Point+
c) an overpayment in pure futures. My personal ask, as this would be the "unwanted" option out of the three (as in it doesn't fill our needs): Foote + Howden + Raddysh.

Last edited:

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Trouba could make sense. What are the Jets looking for ? If two teams that are both doing well are making a trade I assume it would probably be a player for player hockey trade. I'm pretty sure Tyler Johnson is available. We also have some defenseman ranging from underwhelming to terrible but I don't really see them being included.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Trouba could make sense. What are the Jets looking for ? If two teams that are both doing well are making a trade I assume it would probably be a player for player hockey trade. I'm pretty sure Tyler Johnson is available. We also have some defenseman ranging from underwhelming to terrible but I don't really see them being included.

If we are going after Trouba then by all means, we will have to give up a defenseman as well. Just too many Defenseman.....I guess the Jets could always give Koekkoek a legit chance, have him part of a much much bigger package going their way.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
dotchin would probably have to go the other way. dotchin and a 1st and a 2nd?

Deleted member 218451

Can't see Sergachev or Point available and guessing Johnson would have to be included by Bolts to make it work to extend Trouba so Johnson, Foote and pick maybe?

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
dotchin would probably have to go the other way. dotchin and a 1st and a 2nd?
Absolutely not. A late first and a second don't come close to making the ludicrous drop from Trouba to Dotchin worth it. You need to cough up a core piece to get Trouba, plain and simple.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
How are the Jets on the wings? Middle six RW is a hole.

I doubt we are after Trouba - would require too big of a piece going the other way.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
If we are going after Trouba then by all means, we will have to give up a defenseman as well. Just too many Defenseman.....I guess the Jets could always give Koekkoek a legit chance, have him part of a much much bigger package going their way.
I mean I'd gladly give them Sustr for free but any D we'd offer would be part of the + in the deal, not the actual valuable part lol

migi

Feb 25, 2015
That is pretty impressive D-core if Trouba is added and no regular Dmen goes back.

Hedman and Trouba are above average top-pairing guys, Strålman is one of the best #3 and could be #2 in contender, Coburn is good 3rd pairing forward, and as of now Sergachev is playing as top-4 Dman. Then you have Dotchin, Girardi, Sustr giving options.

Well someone would have to go back because Jets needs Dman too.

Keep Sorokin Me Babe

Hit em with the four like
Jun 18, 2016
Pretty simple: Tyler Johnson's NMC kicks in at the end of the season and he's been replaced in Tampa's lineup by Point. They're thin on the right side of defense

Jet's biggest weakness is C depth and they have Tucker Poolman who's ready to come up on defense

Tyler Johnson for Tyler Myers.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
That is pretty impressive D-core if Trouba is added and no regular Dmen goes back.

Hedman and Trouba are above average top-pairing guys, Strålman is one of the best #3 and could be #2 in contender, Coburn is good 3rd pairing forward, and as of now Sergachev is playing as top-4 Dman. Then you have Dotchin, Girardi, Sustr giving options.

Well someone would have to go back because Jets needs Dman too.

Hedman is a lot more than just an above average top pairing guy. He's a top 3 Dman in the NHL, lol.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
My guess is he's scouring the league for defensive depth in hopes of not having to pay a hefty price come February/March. Most likely looking at Enstrom.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
My guess is he's scouring the league for defensive depth in hopes of not having to pay a hefty price come February/March. Most likely looking at Enstrom.
He has a NMC in place, which makes that one unlikely.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
He has a NMC in place, which makes that one unlikely.
But he knows he's not going to be re-signed in WPG and would probably waive to go to a Cup contender considering that he's likely to continue his slide down the depth chart.

Reactions: Jets2point0

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
How are the Jets on the wings? Middle six RW is a hole.

I doubt we are after Trouba - would require too big of a piece going the other way.

Joel Armia kind of comes into mind. We have don't have any scoring wingers we wouldn't need, and others are just pure 4th line energy types.

But Armia is still the enigma, and seems to get fairly low ice time right now.

He'd seem like a good fit in Tampa.. Lots of skill, especially 1 on 1, but also works hard when he wants to, is good at stealing pucks and skates pretty well for his size. It's tough to point a finger at one thing why he's not producing more, but there's definitely potential for more.

But yeah, there's your 3rd line W. Playing with a C who can distribute the puck in Johnson would be refreshing for him im sure. Killorn - Johnson - Armia line definitely sounds interesting.

Also he won a championship in Finland back when he was 20 being a top player on his team, and i thought he was always one of the few guys who raised his game in elimination games for Finland in the WJC's. I feel like there's some big game potential in him. Probably because one of his main problems is inconsistency, but when you absolutely have to focus and give it your all, his size+skill combination can really take over.

Namestnikov - Stamkos - Kucherov
Palat - Point - Gourde
Killorn - Johnson - Armia
Kunitz - Paquette - Callahan

Jesus christ.

I don't know what Tampa would send back though. We don't exactly need a defenseman, and forward for a forward doesn't make a whole lot of sense.. i guess if Stevie Y would be really interested in Armia and willing to send us a 1st, that would get it done.

Last edited:

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Myers + Something

For

Killorn/Johnson + Sustr

Tampa upgrades their second pairing and cuts term. Winnipeg makes room for Trouba an upgrades their forward corps.

Edit: the more I think about this, the more I like it. Tampa needs money in two seasons to re-sign Kucherov when Myers contract is up. Winnipeg meanwhile gets some cost certainty in their top-6 and only has to give up Myers, which opens up a spot long-term for Trouba. They'll also get an extended look at Sustr to see if he's a long-term fit.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad