Rumor: Yzerman scouting Jets

• Thread starter Deleted member 218451
  • Start date

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
No way. We are not throwing in additional young but soon to be considered core players to get rid of Callahan's contract with 2 years left.

I wouldn't even do a 1 for 1 involving either player (Sergachev or Point). Trouba is obviously worth more but Sergachev and Point are both young, cost controlled, and productive. Trouba would be awesome next to Hedman but Dotchin is playing just fine there. Trouba is a luxury for the Lightning. Just don't see it at least this season.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
If it’s Trouba, I want Sergachev and a plus. Point is interesting too, but I’m not sure we want another forward, unless maybe Petan also goes back the other way. If not, then no Trouba for Stevie Y.

I’m assuming Sergachev or Point isn’t very enticing to the Bolts, but neither is trading Trouba to the Jets

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Myers + Something

For

Killorn/Johnson + Sustr

Tampa upgrades their second pairing and cuts term. Winnipeg makes room for Trouba an upgrades their forward corps.

Edit: the more I think about this, the more I like it. Tampa needs money in two seasons to re-sign Kucherov when Myers contract is up. Winnipeg meanwhile gets some cost certainty in their top-6 and only has to give up Myers, which opens up a spot long-term for Trouba. They'll also get an extended look at Sustr to see if he's a long-term fit.

Nah nah nah. HARD pass from the Jets.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
If it’s Trouba, I want Sergachev and a plus. Point is interesting too, but I’m not sure we want another forward, unless maybe Petan also goes back the other way. If not, then no Trouba for Stevie Y.

I’m assuming Sergachev or Point isn’t very enticing to the Bolts, but neither is trading Trouba to the Jets

You are correct about the Bolts pov and I agree about Trouba and the Jets. They should just keep him. #1 RHD does not grow on trees. I think Trouba is a cornerstone you have to keep. Even if it does cost you a bit more.

Reactions: snowkiddin

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I wouldn't even do a 1 for 1 involving either player (Sergachev or Point). Trouba is obviously worth more but Sergachev and Point are both young, cost controlled, and productive. Trouba would be awesome next to Hedman but Dotchin is playing just fine there. Trouba is a luxury for the Lightning. Just don't see it at least this season.

Which is why this trade makes no sense.

TB is fine. Really. Yzerman might tinker, but he's not going to crash a 15-2-2 party with a blockbuster.

Carson22

Oct 9, 2017
Wait.... TB has 6 or 7 untouchables, yet the Jets fans are suppose to take other pieces besides those players for one of their core players? I also like how Lowry and Armia are consider pieces that could TB would take if if the Jets want to flip them for their bottom pieces.

Reactions: Guffman

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Wait.... TB has 6 or 7 untouchables, yet the Jets fans are suppose to take other pieces besides those players for one of their core players? I also like how Lowry and Armia are consider pieces that could TB would take if if the Jets want to flip them for their bottom pieces.
I haven't seen a single Tampa fan ask for Trouba. Don't want him or need him.

A depth trade is possible - Armia probably the target if anyone. But you're not getting Sergachev or Point for anything. Point is a ppg player this season and Sergachev has 14 points from the bluelines on ELCs. So don't bother inquiring about those pieces.

Carson22

Oct 9, 2017
I haven't seen a single Tampa fan ask for Trouba. Don't want him or need him.

A depth trade is possible - Armia probably the target if anyone. But you're not getting Sergachev or Point for anything. Point is a ppg player this season and Sergachev has 14 points from the bluelines on ELCs. So don't bother inquiring about those pieces.
You must have a reading problem. You don’t even have to go past the first page to find multiple Tampa fans asking about him. Any team that couldn’t use Trouba and has 6 better dmen than him.... ya..... that and the rest of your post tells me everything I need to know to ignore.

Selyanin

#StammerTime
May 2, 2014
The North
You must have a reading problem. You don’t even have to go past the first page to find multiple Tampa fans asking about him. Any team that couldn’t use Trouba and has 6 better dmen than him.... ya..... that and the rest of your post tells me everything I need to know to ignore.

Macho never said we have 6 better dman than him. Of course we could use him. We just don't have the right assets and can't take the cap hit without messing the team up. Also why would Yzerman make a blockbuster trade when we are leading the league with 15-2-2 record?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

I think it's fairly easy to deduce that he was factoring in the realistic cost of acquisition. We can't afford him i.e. I want a Ferrari. I don't want a Ferrari if I have to pay for it. I hope that's easier to understand.

Carson22

Oct 9, 2017
I think it's fairly easy to deduce that he was factoring in the realistic cost of acquisition. We can't afford him i.e. I want a Ferrari. I don't want a Ferrari if I have to pay for it. I hope that's easier to understand.
You clearly missed his quote that he doesn’t “want or need him”. He doesn’t want a Ferrari and doesn’t need one, but interpret his babble as you like. As for the other poster...why when you are 15-2-2. To get better. Didn’t the caps win the president cup last year? They clearly ended up where they wanted to be.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
You clearly missed his quote that he doesn’t “want or need him”. He doesn’t want a Ferrari and doesn’t need one, but interpret his babble as you like. As for the other poster...why when you are 15-2-2. To get better. Didn’t the caps win the president cup last year? They clearly ended up where they wanted to be.

For all we know Trouba could be a lockeroom cancer and hurt this team more than help it(I highly doubt it) causing the wheels to fall off. Also as much as i would love to see him in a Bolts Jersey, paying the assets that would be required to get him doesn't make sense from us. I don't understand why that is so hard to grasp......

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Chevy vs. Yzerman

What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?

Nothing happens haha.

Bolts won’t trade their three core players and nothing else is of interest to the Jets as a return on Trouba. Bolts prospects they have a couple interesting ones but can’t trade them b/c they are so cap strapped they depend on those ELC to survive. Bolts can’t trade for Trouba, this whole thread is about nothing. At most Bolts might be interested in one of our a bunch of bottom six guys we have 2-3 extra. Nothing to get excited about.

No news here

Carson22

Oct 9, 2017
For all we know Trouba could be a lockeroom cancer and hurt this team more than help it(I highly doubt it) causing the wheels to fall off. Also as much as i would love to see him in a Bolts Jersey, paying the assets that would be required to get him doesn't make sense from us. I don't understand why that is so hard to grasp......
You come up with defining theories like he could be a locker room cancer and other people are the ones who can’t get a grasp? These posters seem to think “Don’t want or need him” now means “would love to have him but can’t afford what the jets would want”, or “would love to see him in a bolts uniform” = “he could be a cancer”, or “15-2-2” = “stop the season now everything has been decided”.... yet you seem to have a firm grasp on “we will give you our underperforming player” for you “core player” just fine.. get a grasp.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
You come up with defining theories like he could be a locker room cancer and other people are the ones who can’t get a grasp? These posters seem to think “Don’t want or need him” now means “would love to have him but can’t afford what the jets would want”, or “would love to see him in a bolts uniform” = “he could be a cancer”, or “15-2-2” = “stop the season now everything has been decided”.... yet you seem to have a firm grasp on “we will give you our underperforming player” for you “core player” just fine.. get a grasp.

I was using that as an example, which was clearly defined by the "highly doubt it."

Look Trouba is a hell of a player, love to have him on the Bolts. Is he worth giving up assets such as Point+Serge at the moment when were leading the league in points and dominating most games? Absolutely not. Number of fans of the Bolts said that pretty much exactly that.

I haven't seen anyone here suggest that is a Lightning fan suggest Sustr + JT Brown for Trouba. Anyone with some reasoning can see he is a legit top pairing/number 1 Dman. Those you got to pay for. Were just not willing to pay the price.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

You were purposefully misinterpreting "his babble" in an effort to be disagreeable. Let's not mince words, Trouba is an elite defender. Now let it go

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad